Pigs in a blanket - fry'em like bacon

Is "black lives matters" a criminal movement?

• Yes, for losers only

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Yes, a disgusting organization for criminals

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
God I cant wait for November when it will be too cold and snowy to protest again.
If the white snow is falling and they can't protest is the snow racist?

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, he really did think that this was an interesting comment. You have witnessed the peak of his comedic ability. Praise him.

It makes about as much sense as anything you've ever posted.

Ohhh! Ouch! You nailed me with that one! Mercy!
I liked it.

Black lives matter is a despicable group.

Their tactics are despicable, yes, but they didn't come about because they are despicable people per se. If you and others believe that they have no legitimate beef with their bad treatment from police and the rest of society, then that is where the problem lies. This is not an argument that all cops are bad or that any group should be calling for attacks on our police, but it really is important to understand how we got here, and it's not because all cops are following the law.

No, their problem has a lot to do with self entitlement and how they needlessly support policy that keeps them on some type of generational welfare, the dissolution of the family, and high abortion rates among african americans. This really has nothing to do with cops. But, yes, black lives matters is a despicable group of people..along with their tactics.

Yes and no LordBrownTrout
1. To say that ALL of the activists are this way is like
saying ALL of the police are generally corrupt and caused their own members to get shot for not doing more to solve their own internal corruption
2. To say that NONE of the activism is abusive or deadly is
like saying NONE of the police are corrupt and killing people

Can you see it is NEITHER 1 or 2.
There are no shortcuts in painting ALL the police good or bad and causing their
own backlash
or ALL of the activists in opposition to "institutionalized racism" part of the problem or not.

There are both corrupt forces mixed in on both sides.
And there is good intent on both sides.

if the good people with good intent on both sides team up,
that can lead to solutions to correct the problems that
are being complained about on both sides. We are suffering equally
regardless which side we identify and sympathize with. Both sides
suffer in fear and losing constituents to preventable violence and to
abuses that need to be corrected -- on ALL sides. No one is immune or untouched by this.

There is collaboration happening, but we won't see that in the media
until these solutions are better developed and ready to be promoted.

There have been lots of people working on this behind the scenes,
but all we tend to see in the media are the people yelling and screaming
blaming each other. That's easy to cover in the news as 'black and white'
but it's much harder to explain the solutions that require years to put together.

We don't see the work of the people building bridges and resolving the problems at the root source, because that takes a long process of internal work and stretching by both sides to work it out to overcome division. We may see this come out in public in the near future, when all this anti/anti rhetoric that gets us nowhere blows over and demands better answers.

With the shooting in Virginia that affected media professionals directly,
that's where I see we have an opportunity to get a better unifying msg
and approach out to the public to stop any more senseless killings.

I'll back up my earlier statement a little. There are bad cops. You'll get no disagreement from me there. However, every person that I've heard from blm makes racist statements and is quick to disparrage all races, especially caucasian, every time they get some air time.

Black lives matter is a despicable group.

Their tactics are despicable, yes, but they didn't come about because they are despicable people per se. If you and others believe that they have no legitimate beef with their bad treatment from police and the rest of society, then that is where the problem lies. This is not an argument that all cops are bad or that any group should be calling for attacks on our police, but it really is important to understand how we got here, and it's not because all cops are following the law.

No, their problem has a lot to do with self entitlement and how they needlessly support policy that keeps them on some type of generational welfare, the dissolution of the family, and high abortion rates among african americans. This really has nothing to do with cops. But, yes, black lives matters is a despicable group of people..along with their tactics.

Yes and no LordBrownTrout
1. To say that ALL of the activists are this way is like
saying ALL of the police are generally corrupt and caused their own members to get shot for not doing more to solve their own internal corruption
2. To say that NONE of the activism is abusive or deadly is
like saying NONE of the police are corrupt and killing people

Can you see it is NEITHER 1 or 2.
There are no shortcuts in painting ALL the police good or bad and causing their
own backlash
or ALL of the activists in opposition to "institutionalized racism" part of the problem or not.

There are both corrupt forces mixed in on both sides.
And there is good intent on both sides.

if the good people with good intent on both sides team up,
that can lead to solutions to correct the problems that
are being complained about on both sides. We are suffering equally
regardless which side we identify and sympathize with. Both sides
suffer in fear and losing constituents to preventable violence and to
abuses that need to be corrected -- on ALL sides. No one is immune or untouched by this.

There is collaboration happening, but we won't see that in the media
until these solutions are better developed and ready to be promoted.

There have been lots of people working on this behind the scenes,
but all we tend to see in the media are the people yelling and screaming
blaming each other. That's easy to cover in the news as 'black and white'
but it's much harder to explain the solutions that require years to put together.

We don't see the work of the people building bridges and resolving the problems at the root source, because that takes a long process of internal work and stretching by both sides to work it out to overcome division. We may see this come out in public in the near future, when all this anti/anti rhetoric that gets us nowhere blows over and demands better answers.

With the shooting in Virginia that affected media professionals directly,
that's where I see we have an opportunity to get a better unifying msg
and approach out to the public to stop any more senseless killings.

I'll back up my earlier statement a little. There are bad cops. You'll get no disagreement from me there. However, every person that I've heard from blm makes racist statements and is quick to disparrage all races, especially caucasian, every time they get some air time.

Thanks, I just wish we'd reward people with media attention who are presenting solutions.

If we keep giving to priority to "whatever bleeds, leads" then we just encourage more riots and shootings.

(The more I read about Flanagan in Virginia, it is more clear he felt isolated and desperate and took the only way he knew to blast the situation that he knew would be all over the media.
How sad this happened at a time I am meeting with peace activists struggling to use the public radio resources for positive outreach that is underutilized. The solutions and media resources are there, but people keep taking shortcuts because this will get them faster media coverage to say the most inciteful things to stir greater emotional response. The longterm work it really takes to address and resolve the root issues take so long, this isn't covered in the media, it's not something you can squeeze into 30 second sound byte.)

There must be ways to help people feel HEARD and INCLUDED
where they don't have to scream for attention in the most controversial ways.

The LGBT movement had to get marriage rights endorsed by courts before finally feeling heard and included as equals.
As much as I disagree with using govt to resolve personal issues,
at this point, I would say civil means of establishing acceptance is still better than violent destructive means.

If the Black ministers would unite around this, there could be that sense of unity and inclusion
where no more violent protests and riots are needed to send a message. It would be heard and resolved by now.

I really blame the political division between class for why the Blacks have not fully united to solve these problems.
Even the gay movement, that used to be divided by gay vs. bi, has gotten united enough including with enough
Christian church backing to win the bid for publicly recognized marriages. So why can't the Black leaders get united
and stop this violence in the rhetoric and in the neighborhoods. All groups I know have been pushing for this, and the
main division I see is from the media exploiting class and party division because fights draw more attention.

Again it is sadly ironic that the very groups seeking unity on common solutions aren't seen in the media because their very nature is nonviolent and not inciteful at all. So this is not considered newsworthy if there is no dramatic value to exploit.

Hopefully we will an end to this anger phase, and move toward appreciation of building bridges and solutions,
so more of that will get covered in the media. This too shall pass, I just hope we can stop the killing and shooting
while we get past this stage. Enough already.

should be quite a sight to see when its snowing in "White Snowflakes" in Ferguson and Baltimore this winter, then seeing how the thugs protest the snow!

Forum List

Back