Planned Parenthood Exposed - New Undercover Video

Just what the world needs: individual people deciding that THEY are, personally, so wise and all-knowing that they are qualified to decide what is best for everyone else, irrespective of who actually carries the responsibilities inherent in that decision AND irrespective of what the law has ALREADY decided is best and the highest priority in that situation.

Hey, who cares about prosecuting child molesters? Just make sure the girls can abort the molesters' babies later, and everything's cool.

Really, would you have said the same to the Founding Fathers, seeing that they were technically in violation of the law?

In what manner are individuals who engage in sexual relations with biological adults "child molesters"?

Again, why should she assume that the parents will handle it wrong? That's playing to the lowest common denominator. MOST parents are not a danger to their children. Also a few states that require parent notification is just that they are seeking an abortion but can not prevent the girl from having one.

What indication was even given that she thought she was protecting the girl from her parents, or that she thought she needed to? The way I saw it, hardly anything was even said before she was shutting the girl up to keep her from giving any information she might have to act responsibly on.

And even if she WAS "trying to protect her from her parents", God save me from self-righteous morons who don't know my kid from some transient on the street, but are convinced they're able to decide what's best for him or her.

You want to parent my child for me? Start coughing up some damned child support checks.

Oh, they'll do it in the form of millions of dollars in abortion funding.

Obama's already working on that.

You wish to bring studies... I can bring studies showing the teen brain is still developing....

Studies Of Teen Brain Show Why Kids Act Before Thinking - Education - redOrbit

Studies Of Teen Brain Show Why Kids Act Before Thinking
Posted on: Wednesday, 22 October 2008, 15:55 CDT

Every parent of a teenager is familiar with the special behavior that puberty seems to induce – mood swings, slammed doors, rash decisions. Parents often blame such erratic temperament on surging adolescent hormones, but it turns out that the brain has something to do with it, too.

Specifically, a teen's prefrontal cortex – the piece of brain right behind the forehead that is involved in complex decision making – is not capable of the kind of reasoning that allows most grown-ups to make rational decisions.

Neuroscience research has shown that while teenagers' feet may be done growing by the end of high school, their brains are not. The prefrontal cortex of a 15-year-old is very different from that of a 30-year-old, both physically and in how it's used. For many teens, the output of their underdeveloped decision processing centers may be as mild as choosing a bag of cheese puffs for lunch or a new purple hairdo. But some youngsters take bigger risks – such as stealing a car or trying drugs. More 17-year-olds commit crimes than any other age group, according to recent studies by psychiatrists.

MORE...

The human brain doesn't become adult brain until mid 20's.

Brain doesn't mature until 20s, experts say : National-World : Albuquerque Tribune

Boatloads of sophisticated imaging studies and other research show that the frontal lobe of the brain - the part involved in judgment, organization, planning and strategizing - gets all its gray matter by age 11 or 12. But the myriad connections from the frontal part aren't completely wired to function like an adult for at least another decade.

Imaging studies also suggest that because the braking system of the frontal lobe is still developing, signals from the primal emotions in the brain tend to get the upper hand.

More...

Calls for the driving age to be 18:

TUMEKE!: Brain expert calls for driving age to be raised to 18

A leading brain expert has called for raising the driving age to 18 to better match the age at which young people's brains mature. Dr Simon Rowley, a paediatrician at National Women's Hospital and trustee of the Brainwave Trust, told a youth offending conference in Wellington yesterday that young women's brains did not fully mature until about 18, and young men's brains often not until their early 20s. He also supported a plea by Principal Youth Court Judge Andrew Becroft for the age at which young offenders transfer from the Youth Court to adult courts to be lifted from 17 to 18. "We should not be treating the adolescent in the same way we treat an adult," Dr Rowley said. Dr Rowley said the most crucial period of human brain development was the first three years of life. But recent research had found a second growth spurt in the brain starting just before puberty - about age 11 for girls and around 12 for boys - and lasting for another eight to 10 years. Brain scans showed that some brain functions shifted in those years from the primitive amygdala, which controls basic emotions, to the pre-frontal cortex, which handles "executive functions" such as rational thinking and decision-making. "That tells us that the adolescent brain is still under construction, and that adolescents are emotional rather than rational creatures," Dr Rowley said. "They are impulsive. So why would you put someone like that behind the wheel of a car?"

More...

I think the fact that the law would even need to intervene to mandate that a young woman inform her parents speaks volumes. If she wouldn't have simply told them voluntarily, that's a strong indication of what their reaction might be.

There's also the fact that they are competent and can provide informed consent to medical treatment.

Oh, yeah. It speaks volumes that children hide things from their parents. :rolleyes:

Can we be serious here? ALL children lie and hide things from their parents, regardless of how good their relationship is, because they don't want to get in trouble, even when they know they deserve it. That is NOT a good reason - or any reason - to help them do so.

Do you also believe that the law shouldn't intervene and mandate that a child's parents be informed when the child is suspended from school? Arrested? Because hey, if the kid doesn't want to voluntarily tell Mom and Dad that he shoplifted, that speaks volumes about their relationship, right?

My 13-year-old isn't even competent to choose appropriate clothing for the day's weather sometimes. I cannot count the number of times I've had to stop him and make him put on a jacket before he goes out to play. I sincerely doubt he's even remotely up to the job of understanding medical procedures sufficiently to provide informed consent to them.

When I was 13 I remember having a huge fight with my mother because I wanted to leave home and live in the wilderness. In the middle of the winter.

I thought she was really unreasonable and cried for hours because she wouldn't drop me off in the middle of the coastal range.

What indication was even given that she thought she was protecting the girl from her parents, or that she thought she needed to? The way I saw it, hardly anything was even said before she was shutting the girl up to keep her from giving any information she might have to act responsibly on.

And even if she WAS "trying to protect her from her parents", God save me from self-righteous morons who don't know my kid from some transient on the street, but are convinced they're able to decide what's best for him or her.

You want to parent my child for me? Start coughing up some damned child support checks.

This isn't an especially potent argument when it comes to those of us who also propose that adolescents ought to be financially independent, as I mentioned previously.

You wish to bring studies... I can bring studies showing the teen brain is still developing....

Studies Of Teen Brain Show Why Kids Act Before Thinking - Education - redOrbit

The human brain doesn't become adult brain until mid 20's.

Brain doesn't mature until 20s, experts say : National-World : Albuquerque Tribune

Calls for the driving age to be 18:

TUMEKE!: Brain expert calls for driving age to be raised to 18

I addressed those studies in my very first on-topic post in this thread.

Of course, there is a wider issue than biological maturity, that being the mental maturity of minors, which is often described as being separate from mere biological maturity and severely lacking and not equivalent to that of a legal adult. My contention is that, contrary to popular belief, the commonly accepted claim that adolescents are incapable of exercising rational judgment abilities is not an indisputably correct one. Supporters of this position frequently cite studies conducted with the use of magnetic resonance imaging or functional magnetic resonance imaging that illustrate that the teenage brain is “underdeveloped,” and that adolescents are thus often incapable of making rational or well informed decisions about significant issues. Yet, as Dr. Robert Epstein, former editor of Psychology Today, notes in an article published in Scientific American Mind, thought there is some semblance of a correlation between adolescence and brain development illustrated in these scans, there is no evidence of causation by a natural stage of adolescence. His chief counter-argument references the fact that adolescents have been severely infantilized in modern society, in contrast to the important adult role they played in past times, and it may be this factor that has led to the lack of brain development so commonly assumed to be a natural byproduct of adolescence. As such, it would not be intellectually honest to declare the infallibility of these scans just yet.

There are several studies that have been conducted on the basis of measuring the actual competency of adolescents to make informed decisions, as opposed to highly speculative guesswork based on snapshots of the brain.

And that (^^^) is the value of the studies that I have provided.

In addition to that, I wish to cite the testimony and research of a sociologist who has done extensive research in this field, Dr. Mike Males.

I would advise you to have a look at this: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/17/opinion/17males.html

As well as this: Welcome to YouthFacts.org - Know the Facts, Think Differently...

Oh, yeah. It speaks volumes that children hide things from their parents. :rolleyes:

Can we be serious here? ALL children lie and hide things from their parents, regardless of how good their relationship is, because they don't want to get in trouble, even when they know they deserve it. That is NOT a good reason - or any reason - to help them do so.

Do you also believe that the law shouldn't intervene and mandate that a child's parents be informed when the child is suspended from school? Arrested? Because hey, if the kid doesn't want to voluntarily tell Mom and Dad that he shoplifted, that speaks volumes about their relationship, right?

My 13-year-old isn't even competent to choose appropriate clothing for the day's weather sometimes. I cannot count the number of times I've had to stop him and make him put on a jacket before he goes out to play. I sincerely doubt he's even remotely up to the job of understanding medical procedures sufficiently to provide informed consent to them.

Given that he lives with you, I'm not going to contest that to a very great extent, but the evidence that I listed in this thread that you have continued to ignore suggests that the same is not true for the majority of adolescents.

The child would know what her parents would say and do if they found out, so if the child stated that her parents would likely make her remain pregnant against her will, then the nurse is put in a tricky situation. On one hand, she has an obligation to report the incident, but on the other hand she worries that in doing this, the child will be harmed by her parents.

I can understand the nurse putting a child first and her career second, it's just sad that no such girl existed.

No, she's not in a "tricky situation". The law is very clear. The only "trick" here is if the nurse decides it's her job to supersede what the law has already decided is the first priority here: reporting child abuse.

It's not for her to "protect the child from her parents". If she genuinely believes the child is in danger from her parents, then guess what? The law requires her to report THAT, as well. There are people who are charged with the responsibility of protecting the girl. They're called Child Protective Services, and coincidentally, that's who the nurse was supposed to report to.

You haven't posted evidence. You've posted drivel. Boring drivel. Of course everyone ignores it.

And if it's discovered that the nurse didn't report, she gets to lose her license.

I think even if you saw proof you where wrong you wouldn't be able to admit it.

I do notice your avatar. Do you honestly believe in anarchy? What would you do with the murderers? Let them be them... After all you have no right telling them what to do?

You haven't provided any textual criticism of the bible. Making vague reference with no concrete examples is nothing and doesn't deserve the energy it would take to figure out what the hell you're talking about.

You've already proven you seldom know what you're talking about yourself. "Basic anthropology".

That's as rich as Gay Biker's contention that Noah had sex with his daughters. You guys are both such scholars. I'm in awe.

There is no such thing as an abortion surviver. That's like claiming someone survived being murdered.

Actually, there ARE abortion survivors, because some abortions are botched. Doesn't mean they didn't happen.

Ever hear of the Born Alive Infant Protection Act? Specifically enacted to protect children who manage to live through abortions.

no sending her to her parents..to give her wise council and from allowing her to damage herself physically psychological and spiritually...by murdering her child

Now don't be silly, Eots. Don't you know that the primary danger to ALL children is their own parents? We must allow predators and child molesters to go unreported and unprosecuted in pursuit of the greater aim of protecting children from their own parents, who can all automatically be assumed to be physically and psychologically abusive, without any evidence whatsoever to even indicate, let alone support, that claim.

What's that? A 13-year-old impregnated by a 31-year-old man? Piffle. Her parents MIGHT yell at her, so he gets a pass. And probably they're going to beat her and chain her to the wall for nine months, because we all know that that's what ALL parents do in these situations.

How can her parents give her 'wise counsel' if they are, for example, deeply religious and would never, ever consent to allowing their daughter to make her own decisions?

In other words, how can they possibly be wise if they don't agree with YOU, since clearly, your position is the ONLY possible, valid, correct one, and YOU are the ultimate, acknowledged expert on all things parenting, despite having never had a child of your own.

That about the size of it?

Forum List

Back