Please prove to me that blacks are our equals?

What?

Are you that uneducated?

It was an article about a 60-page review of the scientific evidence.

I guess you ignore their conclusion as well.

"Neither the existence nor the size of race differences in IQ are a matter of dispute, only their cause," write the authors. The Black-White difference has been found consistently from the time of the massive World War I Army testing of 90 years ago to a massive study of over 6 million corporate, military, and higher-education test-takers in 2001.

"Race differences show up by 3 years of age, even after matching on maternal education and other variables," said Rushton. "Therefore they cannot be due to poor education since this has not yet begun to exert an effect.

In your own words: TESTING. That's not scientific data based upon genetic make up.

F A I L

It's amazing what racists will use in order to further their agenda.. It's beneath contempt. Go crawl back over to Stormfront and take your racist sidekick with you.. Oh, and DEFECT to the democrat party.. You're not welcome in a party which boasts of Mia Love, Herman Cain, Col Allen West, Larry Elder, etc.

did you actually read the Jensen/Rushton paper? or are you too worried that you will be contaminated with hatefacts? hahahaha

I find it amazing that the 100% environmental side of the argument is so willing to totally ignore any evidence that doesnt support them.

there are literally thousands of studies, done by scientists that have no connection to any racial agenda, that show such things as....brain size being under genetic control....specific areas being genetic control....intelligence being seated in specific areas of the brain....brain speed, neuron connections, and glucose uptake efficiency being associated with intelligence....etc,etc,etc. as long as no one actually mentions race when discussing these findings there is no uproar.

Bruce Lahn of Chicago was studying two genes that control brain size and appeared fairly recently in human history. all was well received until someone pointed out that the alleles in question were principally only found in white and asian populations. he was sternly rebuked and 'decided' to change his area of research.

the evidence clearly shows that intelligence is genetically controlled but influenced by environmental factors, like many other human traits such as height or body type. why would intelligence be the only trait not ot follow this pattern?

Yes I read it with an open mind. Some of it I would agree with some of it not.

Your own link, article is an opinion piece which had review: From your link:

The lead article in the June 2005 issue of Psychology, Public Policy and Law, a journal of the American Psychological Association, examined 10 categories of research evidence from around the world to contrast "a hereditarian model (50% genetic-50% cultural) and a culture-only model (0% genetic-100% cultural)."

The paper, "Thirty Years of Research on Race Differences in Cognitive Ability," by J. Philippe Rushton of the University of Western Ontario and Arthur R. Jensen of the University of California at Berkeley, appeared with a positive commentary by Linda Gottfredson of the University of Delaware, three critical ones (by Robert Sternberg of Yale University, Richard Nisbett of the University of Michigan, and Lisa Suzuki & Joshua Aronson of New York University), and the authors' reply.

One positive comment on the THEORY, and 3 negative. NO scientifc data to back up the article's author.. Just opinion.. like your own, it means NOTHING.

What?

Are you that uneducated?

"Neither the existence nor the size of race differences in IQ are a matter of dispute, only their cause," write the authors. The Black-White difference has been found consistently from the time of the massive World War I Army testing of 90 years ago to a massive study of over 6 million corporate, military, and higher-education test-takers in 2001.

"Race differences show up by 3 years of age, even after matching on maternal education and other variables," said Rushton. "Therefore they cannot be due to poor education since this has not yet begun to exert an effect.

In your own words: TESTING. That's not scientific data based upon genetic make up.

F A I L

It's amazing what racists will use in order to further their agenda.. It's beneath contempt. Go crawl back over to Stormfront and take your racist sidekick with you.. Oh, and DEFECT to the democrat party.. You're not welcome in a party which boasts of Mia Love, Herman Cain, Col Allen West, Larry Elder, etc.

how do you get data but by testing?

Environmental and Sociological factors only show that one is influenced DIRECTLY by their circumstance, environment. Anyone who has taken Psychology courses knows this. Herman Cain is as smart and intelligent as any white man out there. His race HAD NOTHING to do with that. Hard work, perseverence, how he was raised all factored in to who he is today. We are all CREATED equal and race has ZERO to do with it.

if you can inherit physical traits from your parents why not intellect as well?

Show me the science on that plz. I'll wait.

I beg to differ with you.. but I already knew this having studied Psychology INDEPTH within my degree..

You can thank your parents for your smarts—or at least some of them. Psychologists have long known that intelligence, like most other traits, is partly genetic. But a new study led by psychological scientist Christopher Chabris of Union College reveals the surprising fact that most of the specific genes long thought to be linked to intelligence probably have no bearing on one’s IQ. And it may be some time before researchers can identify intelligence’s specific genetic roots.

Chabris and David Laibson, a Harvard economist, led an international team of researchers that analyzed a dozen genes using large data sets that included both intelligence testing and genetic data.

In nearly every case, the researchers found that intelligence could not be linked to the specific genes that were tested. The results are published online in Psychological Science, a journal of the Association for Psychological Science.

“In all of our tests we only found one gene that appeared to be associated with intelligence, and it was a very small effect. This does not mean intelligence does not have a genetic component. It means it’s a lot harder to find the particular genes, or the particular genetic variants, that influence the differences in intelligence,” said Chabris.

'+windowtitle+'

wait no longer LGS, :D

More Evidence That Intelligence Is Largely Inherited: Researchers Find That Genes Determine Brain's Processing Speed

IQ is inherited, suggests twin study - 05 November 2001 - New Scientist

Intelligence in the Classroom - Society and Culture - AEI

What?

Are you that uneducated?

F A I L

Definition of DATA
1: factual information (as measurements or statistics) used as a basis for reasoning, discussion, or calculation <the data is plentiful and easily available — H. A. Gleason, Jr.> <comprehensive data on economic growth have been published — N. H. Jacoby>
2: information output by a sensing device or organ that includes both useful and irrelevant or redundant information and must be processed to be meaningful
3: information in numerical form that can be digitally transmitted or processed

Any more dumb questions?

F A I L

Definition of DATA
1: factual information (as measurements or statistics) used as a basis for reasoning, discussion, or calculation <the data is plentiful and easily available — H. A. Gleason, Jr.> <comprehensive data on economic growth have been published — N. H. Jacoby>
2: information output by a sensing device or organ that includes both useful and irrelevant or redundant information and must be processed to be meaningful

Any more dumb questions?

est
1 &#8194; &#8194;[test] Show IPA
noun
the means by which the presence, quality, or genuineness of anything is determined; a means of trial.
the trial of the quality of something: to put to the test.
a particular process or method for trying or assessing.
a set of questions, problems, or the like, used as a means of evaluating the abilities, aptitudes, skills, or performance of an individual or group; examination.
Psychology . a set of standardized questions, problems, or tasks designed to elicit responses for use in measuring the traits, capacities, or achievements of an individual.

No one has said there were not differences.

You folks suggest that it is intellect, the genetics of it.

I served in the military, academia, and business with too many outstanding people of color to buy the genetics part of it.

Not all studies on your side are tainted by predisposition (belief, then twist the facts to the belief), but so many are that way.
How easy it is for you and your ilk to dismiss the studies that contradict your belief.

The facts speak for themselves and have not been disputed. Every IQ test has consistently shown an IQ gap exist between the races. The argument is over the cause.

You conveniently forget that objective analysis requires the absence of predisposition.

That is your group's major failure.

F A I L

Definition of DATA

Any more dumb questions?

Definition of DATA

Any more dumb questions?

est
noun
the means by which the presence, quality, or genuineness of anything is determined; a means of trial.
a set of questions, problems, or the like, used as a means of evaluating the abilities, aptitudes, skills, or performance of an individual or group; examination.
Psychology . a set of standardized questions, problems, or tasks designed to elicit responses for use in measuring the traits, capacities, or achievements of an individual.

Why did you ask such a dumb question if you already knew the answer?

Every project especially as it pertains to science is tested.

Do you think testing isn't an adequate way to gleen data?

Definition of DATA

Any more dumb questions?

est
noun

you do understand that there is such a thing as a rhetorical question, right? :D

Did you ead my links? I'm a fan of Charles Murray.

I served in the military, academia, and business with too many outstanding people of color to buy the genetics part of it.

Not all studies on your side are tainted by predisposition (belief, then twist the facts to the belief), but so many are that way.

The facts speak for themselves and have not been disputed. Every IQ test has consistently shown an IQ gap exist between the races. The argument is over the cause.

I'm not saying the evidence is absolute be it genetic or cultural. I'm saying that there is a difference. And the argument that it may be genetic is a strong one. But I wouldn' t dismiss the cultural aspect of it altogether. It could very well be a mixture of both.

If it is genetic then it's possible for there to be recessive genes that can account for the exceptions.

I'm not saying the evidence is absolute be it genetic or cultural. I'm saying that there is a difference. And the argument that it may be genetic is a strong one. But I wouldn' t dismiss the cultural aspect of it altogether. It could very well be a mixture of both.

If it is genetic then it's possible for there to be recessive genes that can account for the exceptions.

not tyring to put words in your mouth but

when you say difference you are not referring to random individuals but larger demographic trends

est
noun

you do understand that there is such a thing as a rhetorical question, right? :D

Did you ead my links? I'm a fan of Charles Murray.

No I don't think I read your links if it didn't pertain to this specific discussion.

A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question in order to make a point without the expectation of a reply.

Your question didn't make a point, wasn't any figure of speech that I've ever heard and begged for a reply.

Last edited:
Thank you for admitting that you have the evidence to isolate the genetics as the problem.

not tyring to put words in your mouth but

when you say difference you are not referring to random individuals but larger demographic trends

Yes I'm speaking in general terms. There are exceptions to every rule.

if you can inherit physical traits from your parents why not intellect as well?

I beg to differ with you.. but I already knew this having studied Psychology INDEPTH within my degree..

You can thank your parents for your smarts—or at least some of them. Psychologists have long known that intelligence, like most other traits, is partly genetic. But a new study led by psychological scientist Christopher Chabris of Union College reveals the surprising fact that most of the specific genes long thought to be linked to intelligence probably have no bearing on one’s IQ. And it may be some time before researchers can identify intelligence’s specific genetic roots.

Chabris and David Laibson, a Harvard economist, led an international team of researchers that analyzed a dozen genes using large data sets that included both intelligence testing and genetic data.

In nearly every case, the researchers found that intelligence could not be linked to the specific genes that were tested. The results are published online in Psychological Science, a journal of the Association for Psychological Science.

“In all of our tests we only found one gene that appeared to be associated with intelligence, and it was a very small effect. This does not mean intelligence does not have a genetic component. It means it’s a lot harder to find the particular genes, or the particular genetic variants, that influence the differences in intelligence,” said Chabris.

'+windowtitle+'

More Evidence That Intelligence Is Largely Inherited: Researchers Find That Genes Determine Brain's Processing Speed

Once again, go back and read your own links. I don't get it? Why do some of you want so badly to try to prove that black people are not genetically as intelligent or the same as white people??? It's soooo important to you.. WHY? Your studies tout studying the brain of 29 individuals to watch and see differences..NO INTELLIGENT GENE, CHROMOSOME.. NONE.. You also linked to back in 2009.. My links today were scientific data TODAY. You people need to go back to stormfront where you're well met.

'+windowtitle+'

Once again, go back and read your own links. I don't get it? Why do some of you want so badly to try to prove that black people are not genetically as intelligent or the same as white people??? It's soooo important to you.. WHY? Your studies tout studying the brain of 29 individuals to watch and see differences..NO INTELLIGENT GENE, CHROMOSOME.. NONE.. You also linked to back in 2009.. My links today were scientific data TODAY. You people need to go back to stormfront where you're well met.

Are you denying the IQ differences among races?

If not? Then I'm not understanding your argument.

Answer her question. Why is it so important for you to believe that blacks are less intelligent than whites because of genetics? There is no argument, just a simple question.

Answer her question. Why is it so important for you to believe that blacks are less intelligent than whites because of genetics? There is no argument, just a simple question.

Why do you assume it's important to me?

I look at the facts as they are presented. I don't know exactly why there's an IQ gap. I just know there is one. I've heard varying arguments as to why that is. I've heard some say it's environmental others say it's cultural and some believe it's genetic. Or it could be a combination or none of the above.

In order of importance, this don't even rank. But it's worth exploring and discussing since it was brought up.

I look at the facts as they are presented. I don't know exactly why there's an IQ gap. I just know there is one. I've heard varying arguments as to why that is. I've heard some say it's environmental others say it's cultural and some believe it's genetic. Or it could be a combination or none of the above.

In order of importance, this don't even rank. But it's worth exploring and discussing since it was brought up.

No you haven't. I've completely disproven your bigotted opinion with SCIENTIFIC fact. You're what people complain about.. the IGNORANT redneck who HATES people because of their skin color.. I have ZERO tolerance for people like you. I'm done debating with you.. you're not worth my time.

Quit lying. If the moon was green tonight, you could use that to blame race differences as being genetic.

You can't prove anything, so what you think, kiddo, has no import.

Forum List

Back