Please prove to me that blacks are our equals?

I disagree.. God states very clearly that ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. He made the jew and the gentile. As I said, I'll lean on him and his understanding, wisdom- rather than man's.

I don't disagree with that. We are all made in God's image with equal opportunities.

However, we are not identical. We are all different.

Some are smarter, faster.... than others. So therefore we are not equally intelligent, equally strong, equally fast...etc......

It has been shown that there is a difference in men on the basis of race. Facts are a funny thing.

Environmental and Sociological factors only show that one is influenced DIRECTLY by their circumstance, environment. Anyone who has taken Psychology courses knows this. Herman Cain is as smart and intelligent as any white man out there. His race HAD NOTHING to do with that. Hard work, perseverence, how he was raised all factored in to who he is today. We are all CREATED equal and race has ZERO to do with it.

if you can inherit physical traits from your parents why not intellect as well?

I don't disagree with that. We are all made in God's image with equal opportunities.

Some are smarter, faster.... than others. So therefore we are not equally intelligent, equally strong, equally fast...etc......

It has been shown that there is a difference in men on the basis of race. Facts are a funny thing.

Environmental and Sociological factors only show that one is influenced DIRECTLY by their circumstance, environment. Anyone who has taken Psychology courses knows this. Herman Cain is as smart and intelligent as any white man out there. His race HAD NOTHING to do with that. Hard work, perseverence, how he was raised all factored in to who he is today. We are all CREATED equal and race has ZERO to do with it.

if you can inherit physical traits from your parents why not intellect as well?

Show me the science on that plz. I'll wait.

I beg to differ with you.. but I already knew this having studied Psychology INDEPTH within my degree..

You can thank your parents for your smarts—or at least some of them. Psychologists have long known that intelligence, like most other traits, is partly genetic. But a new study led by psychological scientist Christopher Chabris of Union College reveals the surprising fact that most of the specific genes long thought to be linked to intelligence probably have no bearing on one’s IQ. And it may be some time before researchers can identify intelligence’s specific genetic roots.

Chabris and David Laibson, a Harvard economist, led an international team of researchers that analyzed a dozen genes using large data sets that included both intelligence testing and genetic data.

In nearly every case, the researchers found that intelligence could not be linked to the specific genes that were tested. The results are published online in Psychological Science, a journal of the Association for Psychological Science.

“In all of our tests we only found one gene that appeared to be associated with intelligence, and it was a very small effect. This does not mean intelligence does not have a genetic component. It means it’s a lot harder to find the particular genes, or the particular genetic variants, that influence the differences in intelligence,” said Chabris.

'+windowtitle+'

You're entitled to your opinion.

It's NOT an opinion.. It's documented science. I do however note your OPINION.

Your belief is opinion, hers is fact, logic, evidence, and study.

So the studies that show the significant difference in intelligence as it pertains to race isn't a scientific study?

Then what is it?

Your link admits to there being an intelligence gene. Was that not scientific?

How easy it is for you and your ilk to dismiss the studies that contradict your belief.

A 60-page review of the scientific evidence, some based on state-of-the-art magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of brain size, has concluded that race differences in average IQ are largely genetic.

Race differences in average IQ are largely genetic

"Neither the existence nor the size of race differences in IQ are a matter of dispute, only their cause," write the authors. The Black-White difference has been found consistently from the time of the massive World War I Army testing of 90 years ago to a massive study of over 6 million corporate, military, and higher-education test-takers in 2001.

"Race differences show up by 3 years of age, even after matching on maternal education and other variables," said Rushton. "Therefore they cannot be due to poor education since this has not yet begun to exert an effect. That's why Jensen and I looked at the genetic hypothesis in detail. We examined 10 categories of evidence."

Brain Size Differences. Studies using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) find a correlation of brain size with IQ of about 0.40. Larger brains contain more neurons and synapses and process information faster. Race differences in brain size are present at birth. By adulthood, East Asians average 1 cubic inch more cranial capacity than Whites who average 5 cubic inches more than Blacks.

IQ Scores of Blacks and Whites Regress toward the Averages of Their Race. Parents pass on only some exceptional genes to offspring so parents with very high IQs tend to have more average children. Black and White children with parents of IQ 115 move to different averages--Blacks toward 85 and Whites to 100.

Do Culture-Only Theories Explain the Data? Culture-only theories do not explain the highly consistent pattern of race differences in IQ, especially the East Asian data. No interventions such as ending segregation, introducing school busing, or "Head Start" programs have reduced the gaps as culture-only theory would predict.

A 60-page review of the scientific evidence, some based on state-of-the-art magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of brain size, has concluded that race differences in average IQ are largely genetic.

"Neither the existence nor the size of race differences in IQ are a matter of dispute, only their cause," write the authors. The Black-White difference has been found consistently from the time of the massive World War I Army testing of 90 years ago to a massive study of over 6 million corporate, military, and higher-education test-takers in 2001.

"Race differences show up by 3 years of age, even after matching on maternal education and other variables," said Rushton. "Therefore they cannot be due to poor education since this has not yet begun to exert an effect. That's why Jensen and I looked at the genetic hypothesis in detail. We examined 10 categories of evidence."

Brain Size Differences. Studies using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) find a correlation of brain size with IQ of about 0.40. Larger brains contain more neurons and synapses and process information faster. Race differences in brain size are present at birth. By adulthood, East Asians average 1 cubic inch more cranial capacity than Whites who average 5 cubic inches more than Blacks.

IQ Scores of Blacks and Whites Regress toward the Averages of Their Race. Parents pass on only some exceptional genes to offspring so parents with very high IQs tend to have more average children. Black and White children with parents of IQ 115 move to different averages--Blacks toward 85 and Whites to 100.

Do Culture-Only Theories Explain the Data? Culture-only theories do not explain the highly consistent pattern of race differences in IQ, especially the East Asian data. No interventions such as ending segregation, introducing school busing, or "Head Start" programs have reduced the gaps as culture-only theory would predict.

Your own link, article is an opinion piece which had review: From your link:

The lead article in the June 2005 issue of Psychology, Public Policy and Law, a journal of the American Psychological Association, examined 10 categories of research evidence from around the world to contrast "a hereditarian model (50% genetic-50% cultural) and a culture-only model (0% genetic-100% cultural)."

The paper, "Thirty Years of Research on Race Differences in Cognitive Ability," by J. Philippe Rushton of the University of Western Ontario and Arthur R. Jensen of the University of California at Berkeley, appeared with a positive commentary by Linda Gottfredson of the University of Delaware, three critical ones (by Robert Sternberg of Yale University, Richard Nisbett of the University of Michigan, and Lisa Suzuki & Joshua Aronson of New York University), and the authors' reply.

One positive comment on the THEORY, and 3 negative. NO scientifc data to back up the article's author.. Just opinion.. like your own, it means NOTHING.

So the studies that show the significant difference in intelligence as it pertains to race isn't a scientific study?

Then what is it?

You either don't read well or you prefer to remain IGNORANT. Go back and actually read it, if you have the intellectual integrity. As much as you want to believe that your superior white race has scientific data to back your intelligence or lack thereof, there's no proof of that, ZERO..NONE.

The lead article in the June 2005 issue of Psychology, Public Policy and Law, a journal of the American Psychological Association, examined 10 categories of research evidence from around the world to contrast "a hereditarian model (50% genetic-50% cultural) and a culture-only model (0% genetic-100% cultural)."

The paper, "Thirty Years of Research on Race Differences in Cognitive Ability," by J. Philippe Rushton of the University of Western Ontario and Arthur R. Jensen of the University of California at Berkeley, appeared with a positive commentary by Linda Gottfredson of the University of Delaware, three critical ones (by Robert Sternberg of Yale University, Richard Nisbett of the University of Michigan, and Lisa Suzuki & Joshua Aronson of New York University), and the authors' reply.

One positive comment on the THEORY, and 3 negative. NO scientifc data to back up the article's author.. Just opinion.. like your own, it means NOTHING.

What?

Are you that uneducated?

It was an article about a 60-page review of the scientific evidence.

I guess you ignore their conclusion as well.

"Race differences show up by 3 years of age, even after matching on maternal education and other variables," said Rushton. "Therefore they cannot be due to poor education since this has not yet begun to exert an effect.

Then what is it?

You either don't read well or you prefer to remain IGNORANT. Go back and actually read it, if you have the intellectual integrity. As much as you want to believe that your superior white race has scientific data to back your intelligence or lack thereof, there's no proof of that, ZERO..NONE.

I read it and it clearly states that they found an "intelligent gene"

What makes you think I'm white?

The IQ gap among blacks and whites is well-documented and not subject to much dispute. The dispute arises over the cause.

Are you denying such a gap exists?

What?

Are you that uneducated?

"Race differences show up by 3 years of age, even after matching on maternal education and other variables," said Rushton. "Therefore they cannot be due to poor education since this has not yet begun to exert an effect.

In your own words: TESTING. That's not scientific data based upon genetic make up.

F A I L

It's amazing what racists will use in order to further their agenda.. It's beneath contempt. Go crawl back over to Stormfront and take your racist sidekick with you.. Oh, and DEFECT to the democrat party.. You're not welcome in a party which boasts of Mia Love, Herman Cain, Col Allen West, Larry Elder, etc.

What?

Are you that uneducated?

In your own words: TESTING. That's not scientific data based upon genetic make up.

F A I L

It's amazing what racists will use in order to further their agenda.. It's beneath contempt. Go crawl back over to Stormfront and take your racist sidekick with you.. Oh, and DEFECT to the democrat party.. You're not welcome in a party which boasts of Mia Love, Herman Cain, Col Allen West, Larry Elder, etc.

I'm not saying that genetic make up is the reason. I'm simply saying there is an indisputable difference in IQ between races. You can argue that it's genetic, cultural or whatever. It doesn't take away the fact that there is a difference.

And now I'm a racist for acknowledging the difference?

That's a stretch. but then again I was called racist for opposing Obama. So there ya go.

You are so intellectually dishonest that you cannot admit to the overwhelming amount of evidence.

IQ tests performed in the United States have consistently demonstrated a significant degree of variation between different racial groups, with the average score of those with African ancestry lower than that of European ancestry and the average score of those with East Asian ancestry being higher than that of European ancestry.

The American Psychological Association has said that while there are differences in average IQ between racial groups, and there is no conclusive evidence for environmental explanations.

Race and intelligence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What?

Are you that uneducated?

F A I L

did you actually read the Jensen/Rushton paper? or are you too worried that you will be contaminated with hatefacts? hahahaha

I find it amazing that the 100% environmental side of the argument is so willing to totally ignore any evidence that doesnt support them.

there are literally thousands of studies, done by scientists that have no connection to any racial agenda, that show such things as....brain size being under genetic control....specific areas being genetic control....intelligence being seated in specific areas of the brain....brain speed, neuron connections, and glucose uptake efficiency being associated with intelligence....etc,etc,etc. as long as no one actually mentions race when discussing these findings there is no uproar.

Bruce Lahn of Chicago was studying two genes that control brain size and appeared fairly recently in human history. all was well received until someone pointed out that the alleles in question were principally only found in white and asian populations. he was sternly rebuked and 'decided' to change his area of research.

the evidence clearly shows that intelligence is genetically controlled but influenced by environmental factors, like many other human traits such as height or body type. why would intelligence be the only trait not ot follow this pattern?

Not all studies on your side are tainted by predisposition (belief, then twist the facts to the belief), but so many are that way.

How easy it is for you and your ilk to dismiss the studies that contradict your belief.

The facts speak for themselves and have not been disputed. Every IQ test has consistently shown an IQ gap exist between the races. The argument is over the cause.

What?

Are you that uneducated?

F A I L

did you actually read the Jensen/Rushton paper? or are you too worried that you will be contaminated with hatefacts? hahahaha

I find it amazing that the 100% environmental side of the argument is so willing to totally ignore any evidence that doesnt support them.

there are literally thousands of studies, done by scientists that have no connection to any racial agenda, that show such things as....brain size being under genetic control....specific areas being genetic control....intelligence being seated in specific areas of the brain....brain speed, neuron connections, and glucose uptake efficiency being associated with intelligence....etc,etc,etc. as long as no one actually mentions race when discussing these findings there is no uproar.

Bruce Lahn of Chicago was studying two genes that control brain size and appeared fairly recently in human history. all was well received until someone pointed out that the alleles in question were principally only found in white and asian populations. he was sternly rebuked and 'decided' to change his area of research.

the evidence clearly shows that intelligence is genetically controlled but influenced by environmental factors, like many other human traits such as height or body type. why would intelligence be the only trait not ot follow this pattern?

because it destroys hope

Forum List

Back