🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pocahontas: We Need Big Government! 'Nobody In America Succeeds On Their Own'

THIS old song and dance. "Government has taken all of THIS stuff over, therefore none of it would exist without government!"
Interesting

Can you give an example?

I think the OP is a perfect example. Why do liberals want to take God out of society? Because if they can, people would look to government as the highest power.

Same thing here. You didn't build that. You can't do anything on your own without our help--the Democrats. You can credit government for any success you have in life, and therefore, are dependent upon us.
Ok, set up.shop in a field with no roads running to it, no electricity, no internet, no running water, and so on.

Unless you're breeding cattle you ain't gonna get far.

Try building those roads without industry to fund them.

Why do you suppose cities and states build roads for new or expanding businesses, out of the goodness of their hearts? No, it's because building those roads are an investment. The government will not only get their money back, but at a profit as well.
Gosh, are you saying that it's all connected?

DUH.

No Duh, what I'm saying is that government is simply the middle-man. Roads can be built by private industry if they could own the property those roads are built on. Unfortunately most of the land roads are built on are already owned by government.

Interesting

Can you give an example?

I think the OP is a perfect example. Why do liberals want to take God out of society? Because if they can, people would look to government as the highest power.

Same thing here. You didn't build that. You can't do anything on your own without our help--the Democrats. You can credit government for any success you have in life, and therefore, are dependent upon us.
Ok, set up.shop in a field with no roads running to it, no electricity, no internet, no running water, and so on.

Why do you suppose cities and states build roads for new or expanding businesses, out of the goodness of their hearts? No, it's because building those roads are an investment. The government will not only get their money back, but at a profit as well.

DUH.

No Duh, what I'm saying is that government is simply the middle-man. Roads can be built by private industry if they could own the property those roads are built on. Unfortunately most of the land roads are built on are already owned by government.
And private owners

Is private industry going to cough up all the money to buy the property for roads?

I doubt it

DUH.

And private owners

Is private industry going to cough up all the money to buy the property for roads?

I doubt it

Of course not because then the business couldn't be profitable. But that's the point. Government already owns the property roads are built on, therefore government is the only entity that can build the roads.

DUH.

And private owners

I doubt it

Of course not because then the business couldn't be profitable. But that's the point. Government already owns the property roads are built on, therefore government is the only entity that can build the roads.
What makes you think the government owns the property roads are built on? Most roads are built by states and local government. They own very little land

GOVERNMENT did not do any of those things. People did.

Might be the dumbest post ever

Government ≠ society.
Um yeah son, in this case it kinda does.

No, pipsqueak, it kinda doesn't. You're presuming that government is the only reason we have any sane norms in society - that without government we'd all just wallow in our own feces and expire from starvation. Speak for yourself.
No, I'm not. I'm saying the government is what sticks all of that together and makes sure things that need done get done, although not necessarily in a timely or efficient manner. Things might actually be better if all that was handled by non government agencies but the fact is that they aren't, and haven't been.

You are welcome to dream about how you wish it was, but that doesn't change the way it is.

That's the dream, the lurid fantasy of statists everywhere. But it's BS. By and large, people do what they do because it's what they want to do - not because laws tell them too. They government is just skimming.
I don't even know how to respond to that level of bullshit.

Wake me up when my biz is considered 'too big to fail' after your tax $$$$ please

thx

~S~

DUH.

And private owners

I doubt it

What makes you think the government owns the property roads are built on? Most roads are built by states and local government. They own very little land

Not in the areas I've seen. Usually it's old farm houses already on a street or a deteriorating industrial area that the city or state wants to revamp. They rip the street up, make needed sewer and electrical improvements, and develop the land to suit the needs of industry.

The only way government lays streets on private owned property is if they buy the land off the land owner, or use eminent domain to remove them. But still, in the end it's government land.

DUH.

And private owners

I doubt it

Not in the areas I've seen. Usually it's old farm houses already on a street or a deteriorating industrial area that the city or state wants to revamp. They rip the street up, make needed sewer and electrical improvements, and develop the land to suit the needs of industry.

The only way government lays streets on private owned property is if they buy the land off the land owner, or use eminent domain to remove them. But still, in the end it's government land.
Of course, by the time we build a road on it, it is government land

Authoritarians have a vested interest in promoting the myth that government is the wellspring of society, rather than its servant.

And private owners

I doubt it

Absolutely. Is it legal for private industry to create city streets?

And private owners

I doubt it

Thé point is private industry does not create roads and infrastructure

But they profit off of them

No, the point is that government gets a new tax base that will easily pay for those roads and more.

DUH.

And private owners

I doubt it

Apparently, Creepitus has never heard of private roads.

And private owners

I doubt it

Private Roads

Yes, technically it would be legal and possible.

She's got the same mindset as Barack 'You Didn't Build That' Obama, the non-natural born Citizen Constitutionally ineligible ex-president. Her presidential aspirations will fail.

Elizabeth Warren: ‘Nobody in America Succeeds on Their Own'

So, are you saying that Hokie Pokie is a parrot of Obysmal? He said basically the same thing.

Hey, I am 1, 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% Native American, Indian. Can I have an interest free loan, to which I only pay back 20%?

DUH.

And private owners

I doubt it

Apparently, Creepitus has never heard of private roads.
Sure I have. My uncle in Montana has his own freeway exit.

No, the point is that government gets a new tax base that will easily pay for those roads and more.
Which tax base is that?

Private Roads

Yes, technically it would be legal and possible.
Why doesn’t the private sector invest in building roads?

Because they know there is no profit in it. That is why they let the government do it while they bid on lucrative construction contracts

Which tax base is that?

Property tax for one. Secondly is all the employees at that business will pay a city and state tax to the governments; some even a county tax.

One of our customers moved to an area that was nothing but woods. They mowed it down and created a company with over 60 docks. Before you knew it, other companies started buying property and doing the same. Eventually a clinic, gas stations, flower distributor, and even hotel.

When I first started to deliver there, the road was barely visible, complete with chuck holes, mud and gravel in some spots. The over hundred year old farm houses were torn down. Today, most of it is a four lane road. The two lane part much like the four lane are all new. To accommodate those new businesses, the state created an exit ramp for people to have quicker access to our customer, a new industrial area, and the clinic.

Today there are dozens of new businesses there, hundreds of employees, and thousand of customers. That's a huge tax base.

Forum List

Back