Pocket US Constitution becomes best-seller after speech

R

rdean

1450577_1280x720.jpg

Pocket US Constitution becomes best-seller after speech

Why the U.S. Constitution Is Suddenly an Amazon Best Seller

Just watching a Trump speech. As people were being kicked out, every single one was holding up a pocket constitution. Some members of the audience were even trying to snatch them away but couldn't.

We should get everyone to mail a copy to Donald Trump.

I wonder if that numbnut was ever able to point out where in the constitution it says you can't prevent groups of people from immigrating to the U.S.?

Imagine all of those people who bought a pocket constitution reading it, then discovering some inconvenient truths.

I wonder if that numbnut was ever able to point out where in the constitution it says you can't prevent groups of people from immigrating to the U.S.?

I hope he wasn't trying to use Article VI, Clause 3 to claim what Trump was doing was unconstitutional. That clause said no religious test can be used as a qualification for holding pubic office or a position of public trust. I hope he wasn't trying to use Article I, Section 8, Clause 4 dealing with naturalization because Congress has the authority to regulate rules for naturalization and immigration as determined by the SCOTUS. Nothing limits them from using whatever they want to limit that and keeping someone out for religious reasons doesn't violate Article 6 since someone coming here isn't running for office.

Imagine all of those people who bought a pocket constitution reading it, then discovering some inconvenient truths.

Liberals claim they've read the Constitution and still can't show specific words in it they claim it has.

You know...........kicking out those protesters who weren't yelling, they were simply holding up a pocket Constitution, was bad optics.

If Trump really was as savvy as he thinks he is, he would have pointed to them, and said these people are getting it, because they read their Constitution and have decided to join me.

Not only would he have gotten a positive dig at the protesters, but he could have appeared tolerant and clever. If the protesters got loud after that, THEN he should kick them out.

But just silently holding up a Constitution? He could have used that in a number of ways. He could have said that those people get it because we're gonna make America great again by bringing back the original intent of the Constitution.

Proof yet again that Trump can't think quick on his feet. All he knows is conflict and bullying.

Liberals claim they've read the Constitution and still can't show specific words in it they claim it has.

Dontcha know?

Its a living breathing document

Whether you use 9/17/1787, the day the Constitutional Convention approved the document, 6/21/1788, the day New Hampshire became the 9th state to ratify making the document official, or 3/4/1789, the day the Constitution started being used as the rule of law, the Constitution has been in place for over 225 years. Despite having been in place that long, many of the words the Liberals say it contains have yet to be found.

I get exactly what you're saying.

I hope he wasn't trying to use Article VI, Clause 3 to claim what Trump was doing was unconstitutional. That clause said no religious test can be used as a qualification for holding pubic office or a position of public trust. I hope he wasn't trying to use Article I, Section 8, Clause 4 dealing with naturalization because Congress has the authority to regulate rules for naturalization and immigration as determined by the SCOTUS. Nothing limits them from using whatever they want to limit that and keeping someone out for religious reasons doesn't violate Article 6 since someone coming here isn't running for office.

Actually Khan's words were: "Have you even read the United States Constitution?" While that doesn't refer to any particular Article, clause or issue (it refers to the whole thing) ---- it is a very valid question begged by myriad Rump declarations, such as most blatantly, this one:

That's Amendment Number One, the building block of the whole Concept, being dissed into the same bag with "rapists" and "pigs" and "losers". So the answer to Khan's question would appear to be "No".

Btw the heritage foundation gives them away for free.

Actually Khan's words were: "Have you even read the United States Constitution?" While that doesn't refer to any particular Article, clause or issue (it refers to the whole thing) ---- it is a very valid question begged by myriad Rump declarations, such as most blatantly, this one:

That's Amendment Number One, the building block of the whole Concept, being dissed into the same bag with "rapists" and "pigs" and "losers". So the answer to Khan's question would appear to be "No".

Khan spoke for seven minutes. Are you claiming that's all he said? His reference to Trump reading the Constitution was based on Khan's criticism of Trump's suggestion of building a wall along the Mexican border and temporary ban of foreign Muslims into the U.S. Whether those policies are a good or bad political policy is left up to each individual. Whether they are unconstitutional is left up to fact and the facts say neither are unconstitutional.

Khan spoke for seven minutes. Are you claiming that's all he said? His reference to Trump reading the Constitution was based on Khan's criticism of Trump's suggestion of building a wall along the Mexican border and temporary ban of foreign Muslims into the U.S. Whether those policies are a good or bad political policy is left up to each individual. Whether they are unconstitutional is left up to fact and the facts say neither are unconstitutional.

I quoted him, verbatim. Did he or did he not say "have you even read the United States Constitution?"?

So if so called "liberals" are running out to buy a pocket Constitution does this mean they will suddenly start following it?

I quoted him, verbatim. Did he or did he not say "have you even read the United States Constitution?"?

What you left out was the rest of what he said and the issues to which he made that statement. I never said he didn't make that statement. I said that wasn't all he said and explained the mindset he had for saying it.

Forum List

Back