Polar ice caps same size as 1979

Sonuvagun, Weren't we told the ice caps would be totally gone by now? From what I can tell, reality has once again not cooperated with the alarmist predictions. The ice advances and recedes, just like always. I wouldn't say that AGW doesn't exist, but it doesn't appear to be the imminent catastrophe that it's painted as being.

Updated data from NASA satellite instruments reveal the Earth's polar ice caps have not receded at all since the satellite instruments began measuring the ice caps in 1979. Since the end of 2012, moreover, total polar ice extent has largely remained above the post-1979 average. The updated data contradict one of the most frequently asserted global warming claims – that global warming is causing the polar ice caps to recede. ...

Updated NASA satellite data show the polar ice caps remained at approximately their 1979 extent until the middle of the last decade. Beginning in 2005, however, polar ice modestly receded for several years. By 2012, polar sea ice had receded by approximately 10 percent from 1979 measurements. (Total polar ice area – factoring in both sea and land ice – had receded by much less than 10 percent, but alarmists focused on the sea ice loss as "proof" of a global warming crisis.) ...

In late 2012, however, polar ice dramatically rebounded and quickly surpassed the post-1979 average. Ever since, the polar ice caps have been at a greater average extent than the post-1979 mean.

Now, in May 2015, the updated NASA data show polar sea ice is approximately 5 percent above the post-1979 average.

Updated NASA Data: Global Warming Not Causing Any Polar Ice Retreat
Yeah, almost the same. :rolleyes:

maxresdefault.jpg

That's a cute NASA picture, but I am sure you realize it is fictional yes? You do KNOW that that is taken from a video that is computer generated. Show the actual PHOTOGRAPHS. How about that.
The images come from NASA. You should reach out to them and let them know you disapprove.

SVS: Arctic Sea Ice from March to September 2016

Notice the words "animations"

The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) provides many water-related products derived from data acquired by the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer 2 (AMSR2) instrument aboard the Global Change Observation Mission 1st-Water "SHIZUKU" (GCOM-W1) satellite. Two JAXA datasets used in this animation are the 10-km daily sea ice concentration and the 10 km daily 89 GHz Brightness Temperature
Cool, you too should contact NASA. Be sure to let them know you have a political agenda and their images simply won't do.

thumbsup.gif

Sonuvagun, Weren't we told the ice caps would be totally gone by now? From what I can tell, reality has once again not cooperated with the alarmist predictions. The ice advances and recedes, just like always. I wouldn't say that AGW doesn't exist, but it doesn't appear to be the imminent catastrophe that it's painted as being.

Updated data from NASA satellite instruments reveal the Earth's polar ice caps have not receded at all since the satellite instruments began measuring the ice caps in 1979. Since the end of 2012, moreover, total polar ice extent has largely remained above the post-1979 average. The updated data contradict one of the most frequently asserted global warming claims – that global warming is causing the polar ice caps to recede. ...

Updated NASA satellite data show the polar ice caps remained at approximately their 1979 extent until the middle of the last decade. Beginning in 2005, however, polar ice modestly receded for several years. By 2012, polar sea ice had receded by approximately 10 percent from 1979 measurements. (Total polar ice area – factoring in both sea and land ice – had receded by much less than 10 percent, but alarmists focused on the sea ice loss as "proof" of a global warming crisis.) ...

In late 2012, however, polar ice dramatically rebounded and quickly surpassed the post-1979 average. Ever since, the polar ice caps have been at a greater average extent than the post-1979 mean.

Now, in May 2015, the updated NASA data show polar sea ice is approximately 5 percent above the post-1979 average.

maxresdefault.jpg

That's a cute NASA picture, but I am sure you realize it is fictional yes? You do KNOW that that is taken from a video that is computer generated. Show the actual PHOTOGRAPHS. How about that.
The images come from NASA. You should reach out to them and let them know you disapprove.

Yes, they are ANIMATED. You know....like your favorite TV shows....What they are not however, is reality. There ARE actual pictures of the Arctic. Why don't they use them? Could it possibly be that they refute NASA's POLITICAL AGENDA?

Nahhh, it couldn't be that easy now could it?

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes, they are ANIMATED. You know....like your favorite TV shows....What they are not however, is reality. There ARE actual pictures of the Arctic. Why don't they use them? Could it possibly be that they refute NASA's POLITICAL AGENDA?

Animated based on the data. Again, contact NASA. Let them know they suck at what they do.

maxresdefault.jpg

Animated based on the data. Again, contact NASA. Let them know they suck at what they do.

Based on what "data"? How about providing the actual photographs. They exist. The fact that NASA is resorting to using manufactured images would give a thinking person pause. I of course am not referring to you, but a thinking person wonders about these things. Anyone can manipulate "data", but photographs are a lot harder to screw with. The technology to do it is well known and the professionals can spot the faking without too much difficulty.

The same can not be said for "data". That gets screwed with all of the time, and the global warming supporters won't release any of it even though it belongs to us, we the people who pay them for it. I wonder why they never are willing to release hard "data"?

That too would give a thinking person pause, which, once again, leaves you out.

maxresdefault.jpg

Based on what "data"? How about providing the actual photographs. They exist. The fact that NASA is resorting to using manufactured images would give a thinking person pause. I of course am not referring to you, but a thinking person wonders about these things. Anyone can manipulate "data", but photographs are a lot harder to screw with. The technology to do it is well known and the professionals can spot the faking without too much difficulty.

The same can not be said for "data". That gets screwed with all of the time, and the global warming supporters won't release any of it even though it belongs to us, we the people who pay them for it. I wonder why they never are willing to release hard "data"?

That too would give a thinking person pause, which, once again, leaves you out.
Oh look, you're a conspiracy nut. I suppose you think NASA faked the moon landings too? :rolleyes:

But you leave out the fact that the lowest recorded Arctic ice level was waaaaaay back in the 1950's.

The actual science says you're making up crazy stories again.

TC - Abstract - A simple approach to providing a more consistent Arctic sea ice extent time series from the 1950s to present

The graph also shows that the denier claim "1979 was an abnormally high year" is a big ol' lie. And we can go back further if you'd like, to show that there is no point anywhere in the historical record with Arctic ice levels as low as we see today.

arctic%2B1953-2011.png

Here you go, open water at the North Pole.

That's a lead. Those who aren't hilariously ignorant of the basic science know that leads are very common. Hence, almost no denier knows it. Deniers are actual dimwitted enough to think that a photo of a lead proves ice levels were at record lows across the Arctic.

Mr. Westwall knows damned well that is a lead. And he knows that the Arctic Ice is rapidly melting. He, however, is quite willing to lie to support his far right ideology.

Folks..........there is reality and then there is fantasy. Look.......just the fact that these goofballs wake up every morning to tune in the latest nutball report on Russian collusion just serves to highlight that some just prefer to live in a makey-uppey world. In such a world, photo's taken from space are fake.:spinner::spinner: Hey......what can we do?:dunno: This is shit we just need to live with ( personally, I find it a hoot though be make fun of these goofballs.....brings a spice to life!!:rock: )

But you leave out the fact that the lowest recorded Arctic ice level was waaaaaay back in the 1950's.

TC - Abstract - A simple approach to providing a more consistent Arctic sea ice extent time series from the 1950s to present

The graph also shows that the denier claim "1979 was an abnormally high year" is a big ol' lie. And we can go back further if you'd like, to show that there is no point anywhere in the historical record with Arctic ice levels as low as we see today.

arctic%2B1953-2011.png

That's a lead. Those who aren't hilariously ignorant of the basic science know that leads are very common. Hence, almost no denier knows it. Deniers are actual dimwitted enough to think that a photo of a lead proves ice levels were at record lows across the Arctic.

No, that's called manipulated and falsified "data" mammy. Someday you man learn the dif.

Mr. Westwall knows damned well that is a lead. And he knows that the Arctic Ice is rapidly melting. He, however, is quite willing to lie to support his far right ideology.

Of course I do. I also know that there have been no leads such as those in the 1987 picture since then.The whole North Pole region was accessible. Not now.

arctic%2B1953-2011.png

His picture dont look like a lead to me, it looks open water with a few ice packs floating around

3-subs-north-pole-1987.jpg

Again, contact NASA. Let them know they suck at what they do.

Yep. There is the NASA we all used to know and love, then there is the NASA transformed by Obama into the new political outreach party.

Cover 1.2.jpg

Just democrats doing what they do best. Fuck everything up then lie about it.

arctic%2B1953-2011.png

His picture dont look like a lead to me, it looks open water with a few ice packs floating around

View attachment 129847

No, it was a huge number of leads. A number that hasn't been seen since.

Yeah, almost the same.

Sorry faun, but as an expert image analyst and image processor, I don't believe everything I see. Want me to tell you all about digital? Do you want to know how easily I can make that polar ice totally disappear, put it back as it was or even move the countries around to put Russia where Canada ought to be? Takes more than an internet posted exif-jpeg picture to convince me. Besides, so what if the ice did melt over a few years? As I pointed out earlier, what matters is LONG-TERM variation. 5 years from now, all that ice could be right back. Keep drinking the Koolaid.

Yeah, almost the same.

Sorry faun, but as an expert image analyst and image processor, I don't believe everything I see. Want me to tell you all about digital? Do you want to know how easily I can make that polar ice totally disappear, put it back as it was or even move the countries around to put Russia where Canada ought to be? Takes more than an internet posted exif-jpeg picture to convince me. Besides, so what if the ice did melt over a few years? As I pointed out earlier, what matters is LONG-TERM variation. 5 years from now, all that ice could be right back. Keep drinking the Koolaid.
You? An "image expert???"

:lmao:

Let's put this to a test .... Obama's two documents of birth he had posted online .... real or fake?

global.daily.ice.area.withtrend.jpg

This is more up to date, the blue line looks pretty steady to me.
Well now, it is a very simple graph, but obviously, not as simple as your mind. On the left, starts out at about 17 in 1979. By the time you get to 2016, about 14 at the low points. High points 22 to 23 on the left, 22 on the right. Now the above the zero line on the left, well below the zero line on the right.

And last year, this ship transited the Northwest Passage.
Crystal-Serenity.jpg

Yeah, almost the same.

LOL What a fool you are. You come here and state that you are an image expert and that the data from NASA is fake. Yet you give nothing to back that up with. Next you will be like Silly Billy and claiming that you are an atmospheric physicist, while posting drivel that indicates that you don't understand the simplest of physics.

If NASA is faking the data, how come the satellites from the EU, Japan, China, and Russia are seeing the same thing? And why would every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University all say that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger? Are you positing an international conspiracy involving millions of scientists? Is your little tin hat on a bit too tight?

Again, contact NASA. Let them know they suck at what they do.

Yep. There is the NASA we all used to know and love, then there is the NASA transformed by Obama into the new political outreach party.

View attachment 129848

Just democrats doing what they do best. Fuck everything up then lie about it.

Great cartoon..........and Mr Trump is whacking them upside the head one by one!!:boobies::boobies::rock:

Forum List

Back