Police admit Michael Brown shot while running away

Interesting part of this is that even if Wilson had shot Brown square in the back, while he was running away, that would be entirely LEGAL, and proper under US law. So rather than have a slew of posts in this thread, we could have just one saying "So What ?"

Why is that legal?

Tennessee v. Garner

Another idiot who can't read:

Tennessee v. Garner ruling in which the Court held that “The use of deadly force to prevent the escape of all felony suspects, whatever the circumstances, is constitutionally unreasonable.”

Irony.

You have to read beyond the first sentence NTPP.

The case was about the "Fleeing Felon Rule", that LEOs could use deadly force to prevent the escape of any fleeing felon (a person suspected of committing a felony offense).

The court ruled that an officer was not justified in using deadly force in ANY circumstance, and outlined the justification as follows...

"Law enforcement officers pursuing an unarmed suspect may use deadly force to prevent escape only if the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others."

Tennessee v. Garner - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

the-myth-of-black-on-white-violence-collage.jpg

Before anyone can be "judge, jury & executioner" there must proof a crime was committed. That applies to the Officer as well as te deceased.

If I heard from the janitor interview right the cop fired a warning shot, Brown stopped, turned around and began closing on the cop then got shot up.

What I am thinking is,

-the cop may have been happy to shoot Brown after getting his face beat in.

-brown gave him the excuse by closing on him. If I REMEMBER the janitor did not say charged but we will see.

-brown should not have been wrestling with the cops. They say stop and you stop.

-That kids poor mother.

"getting his face beat in"

LOL

Here we go again. Just as we saw with gz/Travon, by the time this subject is done, the nutters will have this poor hero cop will have been permanent maimed because the giant monster career criminal Brown ripped his face off.

Or worse.

OTOH, if Michael Brown had been white and the cop black, it would be the other way around.

SMH

There is such a case, have you read about it? Why not?

Interesting part of this is that even if Wilson had shot Brown square in the back, while he was running away, that would be entirely LEGAL, and proper under US law. So rather than have a slew of posts in this thread, we could have just one saying "So What ?"

Why is that legal?

Tennessee v. Garner

Tennessee v. Garner ruling in which the Court held that “The use of deadly force to prevent the escape of all felony suspects, whatever the circumstances, is constitutionally unreasonable.”

He assaulted a police officer, that is a felony.

You are incorrect by the way:

Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1 (1985)[1], was a case in which the Supreme Court of the United States held that under the Fourth Amendment, when a law enforcement officer is pursuing a fleeing suspect, he or she may use deadly force to prevent escape only if the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others.

8211 Police Admit Michael Brown Was Shot At While He Was Running Away
Ever since the autopsy of Michael Brown was made public, the racist right wing and Police State apologists have been crowing about how Brown was shot in the front and not in the back as he was fleeing the police. Eyewitnesses have stated, repeatedly, that Brown was shot in the back and then turned with his arms raised before being gunned down. Since the autopsy seems to contradict this, the racists and apologists have latched on to the report to declare that everything is fine, nothing to see here, move along. Brown was just another ****** “thug” that got what was coming to him.

But a little nugget of information seems to have slipped by the conversation: Officer Wilson did shoot at Brown as he was running away. Via The New York Times (by way of LGF):

As Officer Wilson got out of his car, the men were running away. The officer fired his weapon but did not hit anyone, according to law enforcement officials.

More at the link.

I'm sure it's like this in other places besides New Jersey, but here there's a thing called insulting an police officer. It doesn't take much, if anyone has ever been to New Jersey. But they get insulted over silly stuff. If the speed limit is 55 and you go 60, no problem. But if you go 65 then you're "insulting them".

Since the Ferguson P.D. is acting like a cat that just doesn't have enough sand in the litter box, I'm thinking that Michael Brown was immature enough to get into a physical altercation with Darren Wilson and Wilson got out of his car and tried to subdue him. That failing, he still had the gun in his hand and pointed it at Brown and Dorian Johnson.

Then I think that Brown and Johnson did what boys do when they get into trouble and they tried to run. Wilson was "insulted" by losing control and he snapped, and shot Brown.

Sounds like he winged him in the arm and then hit him 5 more times when the kid turned around. Shit like this happens in seconds, not minutes.

Anyone can snap, but a police officer is trained to handle irrational situations. At least they should be.
Not a single hit was from the back so there goes your entire claim.

You RW racists can twist and shout all you want, I just posted what the cops said.

The racist crackers are crapping their pants , knowing the demographic shift is upon them and wondering if they will be treated as they treat the blacks and other non white minorities., So sit back and enjoy the show of their fear and paranoia as their desperation takes over

You RW racists can twist and shout all you want, I just posted what the cops said.

Every single time you post, you blow away my low opinion of you, and make it even lower.

Are you so incredibly stupid... that you can't read?

From your posted text....
As Officer Wilson got out of his car, the men were running away. The officer fired his weapon but did not hit anyone, according to law enforcement officials.

From your title....
Police admit Michael Brown shot while running away

You are telling me, that you are so Forest Gump retarded... that you can't see the clear difference between what you claimed, and what you cited?

Really? In your world.... fired his weapon but did not hit anyone, and, shot while running away, are exactly the same? Really??!? How are you able to log onto this forum? Do you have like some 8-year-old girl help you get on here? I can't see how someone this intellectually vacant, is even able to turn a computer on without help, let alone figure out how to post on this forum.

Every single post you make I keep thinking "Oh here's that dumb-as-a-rock guy" and then after reading your post "Nope... he's making rocks look smart now".

Why is that legal?

Tennessee v. Garner

He assaulted a police officer, that is a felony.

You are incorrect by the way:

Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1 (1985)[1], was a case in which the Supreme Court of the United States held that under the Fourth Amendment, when a law enforcement officer is pursuing a fleeing suspect, he or she may use deadly force to prevent escape only if the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others.

Also a presumption, not a fact, as of today; and repeating Tennessee v, Garner is just that. There are many more cases on the issue, whether any applicable will depend on the Grand Jury findings.

"getting his face beat in"

LOL

Here we go again. Just as we saw with gz/Travon, by the time this subject is done, the nutters will have this poor hero cop will have been permanent maimed because the giant monster career criminal Brown ripped his face off.

Or worse.

OTOH, if Michael Brown had been white and the cop black, it would be the other way around.

SMH

For me it would be different? Are you assuming I am white?

What's your idea on the injuries the officer suffered btw?

Why is that legal?
Because the fucking Supreme Court ruled it was "legal".........twice.
Grow up pal.

Why is that legal?
Because the fucking Supreme Court ruled it was "legal".........twice.
Grow up pal.
Wilson may have been able to shoot the simian in the back. Maybe not given his eye socket was broken. Maybe the shot was a warning shot?
"Law enforcement officers pursuing an unarmed suspect may use deadly force to prevent escape only if the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others."
There is no debate that the simian was a significant threat to the officer or others.
When the simian stopped then turned and began to taunt the cop and began to move towards the cop the cop was 100% justified in putting down the simian. Which he did. Thankyou for your service officer Wilson.
Grandmother who had to raise all the kids her daughter had ' dropped': "Whatever you do tonight on your nightly rounds seeing what you can take that doesn't belong to you whatever the fuck happens DO NOT punch a cop then threaten him like that fucking moron 'Big Mike' did.

Chalk it up to desperation. No shot in the back. There went the "gentle giant" surrendering.

8211 Police Admit Michael Brown Was Shot At While He Was Running Away
Ever since the autopsy of Michael Brown was made public, the racist right wing and Police State apologists have been crowing about how Brown was shot in the front and not in the back as he was fleeing the police. Eyewitnesses have stated, repeatedly, that Brown was shot in the back and then turned with his arms raised before being gunned down. Since the autopsy seems to contradict this, the racists and apologists have latched on to the report to declare that everything is fine, nothing to see here, move along. Brown was just another ****** “thug” that got what was coming to him.

But a little nugget of information seems to have slipped by the conversation: Officer Wilson did shoot at Brown as he was running away. Via The New York Times (by way of LGF):

More at the link.

I'm sure it's like this in other places besides New Jersey, but here there's a thing called insulting an police officer. It doesn't take much, if anyone has ever been to New Jersey. But they get insulted over silly stuff. If the speed limit is 55 and you go 60, no problem. But if you go 65 then you're "insulting them".

Since the Ferguson P.D. is acting like a cat that just doesn't have enough sand in the litter box, I'm thinking that Michael Brown was immature enough to get into a physical altercation with Darren Wilson and Wilson got out of his car and tried to subdue him. That failing, he still had the gun in his hand and pointed it at Brown and Dorian Johnson.

Then I think that Brown and Johnson did what boys do when they get into trouble and they tried to run. Wilson was "insulted" by losing control and he snapped, and shot Brown.

Sounds like he winged him in the arm and then hit him 5 more times when the kid turned around. Shit like this happens in seconds, not minutes.

Anyone can snap, but a police officer is trained to handle irrational situations. At least they should be.
Not a single hit was from the back so there goes your entire claim.

They even determined that after the 3rd autopsy.

Forum List

Back