Police Kill 16-Year-Old Girl

But cops have a strike against them due to the rampant corruption that defines the police in this nation. Sorry, a cop or other gangbanger is going to be viewed with greater suspicion by the average person.
What rampant corruption? And why am I not having problems with them? It happens but they get weeded out. TV showing a few videos of the same shit over and over with no context doesn't make for widespread corruption. With 800,00 LEOs there would be a plethora of videos.

Ive tried to show these morons that. With 800, 000 - 1, 000, 000 cops in America....even 10, 000 incidents like this would be a tiny 1-2%.

That'd be 200 a day. We get about 1-2 of these stories...per week. So they're about 198 per week short...of even showing 1% "corruption".

And these arent even corruption. Its cops defending themselves.

The "corruption" in police work is so tiny and so uncommon....but the media blasts the occasional incidents so much that people think its the norm.

People believing in wide spread corruption in LE...are quite uneducated.

Ive tried to show these morons that. With 800, 000 - 1, 000, 000 cops in America....even 10, 000 incidents like this would be a tiny 1-2%.

That'd be 200 a day. We get about 1-2 of these stories...per week. So they're about 198 per week short...of even showing 1% "corruption".

The "corruption" in police work is so tiny and so uncommon....but the media blasts the occasional incidents so much that people think its the norm.

This assumes that people are privy to every bad act.

Corruption is like cockroaches - every instance you see represents a thousand you don't see.

Like it or not...you wont have problems with cops unless you are committing crimes or loitering in a high crime area..or acting stupid. And if they do stop you and you arent doing anything. ..99.999% chance if you act calm and rational you'll be left to walk away.

Sorry folk. MOST of us like our cops and are glad they're out trying to maintain order in society. Those of you who dont like it...well you're the people the majority of us want protection from.

This assumes that people are privy to every bad act.

Corruption is like cockroaches - every instance you see represents a thousand you don't see.

Really? Prove it. Your statement is useless without proof. Thats the standard you all hold cops to. So you must PROVE all supposed unseen corruption.

But cops have a strike against them due to the rampant corruption that defines the police in this nation. Sorry, a cop or other gangbanger is going to be viewed with greater suspicion by the average person.
What rampant corruption? And why am I not having problems with them? It happens but they get weeded out. TV showing a few videos of the same shit over and over with no context doesn't make for widespread corruption. With 800,00 LEOs there would be a plethora of videos.

You pulled those stats out of your ass. It's way more than 1%. I'd put it at like 20% - 40%. If you have cops quitting the force due to corruption then there is a problem.

You pulled those stats out of your ass. It's way more than 1%. I'd put it at like 20% - 40%. If you have cops quitting the force due to corruption then there is a problem.

20-40%? Out of 1, 000, 000 cops?

Show me the 200-400,000 stories the past few years of police corruption. Not use of force that you didnt like. I mean criminal corruption that resulted in charges or firings.

I need 400,000. You got them? Because I bet you couldnt find 4,000 ( 0.4% ).

Show me the 200-400,000 stories the past few years of police corruption. Not use of force that you didnt like. I mean criminal corruption that resulted in charges or firings.

How would I show you that when the people in charge of providing those stats are cops themselves? There are more than 400K stories. Just because they arent laid out nicely for you to read doesnt mean anything. If you really wanted to know you would listen anyway. All we can do is take it from the word of cops that actually speak out on it like Norm Stamper. This is just his views on cops policing of Black people.

“Simply put, white cops are afraid of black men. We don’t talk about it, we pretend it doesn’t exist, we claim “color blindness,” we say white officers treat black men the same way they treat white men. But that’s a lie. In fact, the bigger, the darker the black man the greater the fear. The African-American community knows this. Hell, most whites know it. Yet, even though it’s a central, if not the defining ingredient in the makeup of police racism, white cops won’t admit it to themselves, or to others.”

Norm Stamper, Breaking Rank: A Top Cop's Exposé of the Dark Side of American Policing

How would I show you that when the people in charge of providing those stats are cops themselves? There are more than 400K stories. Just because they arent laid out nicely for you to read doesnt mean anything. If you really wanted to know you would listen anyway. All we can do is take it from the word of cops that actually speak out on it like Norm Stamper. This is just his views on cops policing of Black people.

“Simply put, white cops are afraid of black men. We don’t talk about it, we pretend it doesn’t exist, we claim “color blindness,” we say white officers treat black men the same way they treat white men. But that’s a lie. In fact, the bigger, the darker the black man the greater the fear. The African-American community knows this. Hell, most whites know it. Yet, even though it’s a central, if not the defining ingredient in the makeup of police racism, white cops won’t admit it to themselves, or to others.”

Norm Stamper, Breaking Rank: A Top Cop's Exposé of the Dark Side of American Policing

Ah. You mean the ex cop...trying to make a buck by "blowing the whistle"???? Hardly a reliable source. He has a profite motive to drum up controversy.

I'll wait for 400, 000 links of criminal corruption. Otherwise...you have no proof. Sorry kid.

Ah. You mean the ex cop...trying to make a buck by "blowing the whistle"???? Hardly a reliable source. He has a profite motive to drum up controversy.

I'll wait for 400, 000 links of criminal corruption. Otherwise...you have no proof. Sorry kid.
I dont need to supply you with proof. You need to supply me with proof otherwise you are whistling out your ass. I have an ex police chief and veteran of 20 plus years verifying what I already know. You have to top that. Can you do it?

And I need proof.
You need proof of what? I'm not trying to change your mind. I'm just obliterating your argument with facts. What you need to do is prove that there is only 1%. Do you have that proof? Exactly.

You are? Because im asking for facts. You said 20-40% of America's 1, 000, 000 cops are corrupt. Thats average of 300, 000. I want your facts.

I see corrupt cop stories. 2-3 per week. Thats about 150 a year. Out of a million. So my 1% number (10, 000 out of a million) is WAY over what I can prove so I use common sense to assume many corrupt cops havent been caught yet...so I multiply what I see by 100 to be fair...and its still about 1%.

You have no proof. I have even been even fair enough to assume 100/1 corrupt/caught odds.

Basically...you're owned.

I dont need to supply you with proof. You need to supply me with proof otherwise you are whistling out your ass. I have an ex police chief and veteran of 20 plus years verifying what I already know. You have to top that. Can you do it?

So he says white cops in the violent ghetto fear blacks???!! WOW BREAKING NEWS!!!! So would you. Whats the point? Doesnt make them corrupt. Makes them human.

And I need proof.
You need proof of what? I'm not trying to change your mind. I'm just obliterating your argument with facts. What you need to do is prove that there is only 1%. Do you have that proof? Exactly.

You are? Because im asking for facts. You said 20-40% of America's 1, 000, 000 cops are corrupt. Thats average of 300, 000. I want your facts.

I see corrupt cop stories. 2-3 per week. Thats about 150 a year. Out of a million. So my 1% number (10, 000 out of a million) is WAY over what I can prove so I use common sense to assume many corrupt cops havent been caught yet...so I multiply what I see by 100 to be fair...and its still about 1%.

You have no proof. I have even been even fair enough to assume 100/1 corrupt/caught odds.

Basically...you're owned.
I dont see your proof that its only 1%. You are whistling out your ass. There are literally millions of complaints against the police every year. Your whole argument is a fail. Go find your proof. I wont address you until you provide it.

These are just the people that defied all the odds and won.

NYPD Paid Nearly 1 Billion To Settle Lawsuits CBS New York

So he says white cops in the violent ghetto fear blacks???!! WOW BREAKING NEWS!!!! So would you. Whats the point? Doesnt make them corrupt. Makes them human.
Where do you see the adjectives "violent" and "ghetto"? Try again. I grew up in the ghetto. Get that proof son. :laugh:

Hmmm. Looks like there are more than just a few cops. Note this is from a conservative site and from the year 2K. Its probably much worse now..

Seven Reasons Police Brutality Is Systemic Not Anecdotal The American Conservative

"Here’s the real clincher. A Department of Justice study revealed that a whopping 84 percent of police officers report that they’ve seen colleagues use excessive force on civilians, and 61 percent admit they don’t always report “even serious criminal violations that involve abuse of authority by fellow officers.”"

Last edited:
Did you read the DOJ survey??? 900 random cops....out of 1, 000, 000. And only 1% "strongly agreed" that the "Wall of Silence" was important or relevant in exposing corruption. Hmmm. There goes the Blue Wall myth.

So they anonymously surveyed 0.1% of cops. And thats your proof?

I do believe 84% have seen a colleague abuse power. I saw a couple at APD. They were fired. One was prosecuted. Id bet the ones the 85% see...are all seeing the same bad apples before they get fired.

Still...I need hard proof. Not an anonymous survey of 0.1% of northern cops from 15 years ago.

I do believe 84% have seen a colleague abuse power. I saw a couple at APD. They were fired. One was prosecuted. Id bet the ones the 85% see...are all seeing the same bad apples before they get fired.

Still...I need hard proof. Not an anonymous survey of 0.1% of northern cops from 15 years ago.
Read up on it. Not my job to educate you.

I agree with you. As i've said, in over 20 years as an MP, I never drew my weapon on a suspect, and I faced some pretty dangerous situations at times.

I'm merely saying that everytime something like this happens we see posters screaming stupid shit like " the punishment for robbery isn't the death penalty" when in fact the death was not a punishment of any kind.
Yeah, but really that's just a phrase meaning, how about we catch the criminals and have a court trial, versus killing them and skipping the whole trial phase.

again. STUPID. these people were not punished sans trial, they were killed in the course of an attempt to apprehend them.
Apprehend people in a car by foot? What if they don't want to be apprehended? Then we just kill them right? When's the "trial" gonna take place? Oh that's right she's already dead. Apprehending, is that the new code word for killing now?

Not wanting to be apprehended, is that the new code word for suicide?

Good god, are you actually trying to look like an idiot?
So basically you want cops to kill everyone that refuses an order.

Do you?

Forum List

Back