Police knew that the El Paso shooter had an ak47 and that he intended to use it, but did nothing

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/08/07/us/el-paso-crusius-gun-warning/index.html

As usual there were tips in place to law enforcement who were felt it more important not to miss their meeting at the donut shop.

CIAO
The mother called the local police concerned that Patrick was buying an AK, but ....
The public safety officer asked the mother twice whether her son was suicidal or had threatened any other persons, which she indicated was not the case, according to Felty.
She thought he was too immature and noted he had no safety training. However that is not illegal, as the police explained.

El Paso suspect's mother called police concerned about gun - CNN

The police are not trained to deal with people with mental health issues. We see quite often where they are treated just like anyone else. Bash the autistic man upside the head because he didn't immediately respond to your command.

This needs to change.
It's true that police have to deal with the mentally ill every day. Having trained mh professionals on the police force to assist not only with training but to be available to assist when someone is bonkers would be helpful.

But if we did that, you wouldn't be out on the street very long!

This is why we will never adequately address this issue.

Police are trained in how to both deal and spot mentally I'll persons, they deal with this every day

What cave do you live in

How much supporting evidence for my position do you need? I'd just like to know up front so I do not waste my time?

If you say none will matter, I won't.
All police get training in how to spot and deal with special needs people, who routinely break the law.
If your police dept does not they should not be on the road

You didn't answer my question. Having "a class" on dealing with the mentally ill is not being trained on how to deal with the mentally ill and there are examples all the time where it's obvious many do not know how to.

How much corroborating evidence do you require?
If you need more evidence than 32 bodies you are a piece of shit from the whacko nra

As usual there were tips in place to law enforcement who were felt it more important not to miss their meeting at the donut shop.

CIAO

I heard alittle about that. I just don't think there is allot the cops could have done.
Saying that is just not responsible, the FBI also had the both the name of Nikolas Cruse and that he intended to do what he did. Law enforcement failed, but hey they always get the donut

I get it, but in all those cases say they took the guns, what would the news been then? Corrupt FBI confiscating guns! 1776,1776! No frame had been committed. This ain't the minority report. We can't arrest or detain folks just because we think they will commit a crime.
No, but on a judge's order, we should be able to take their guns. Temporarily.

Who decides? A judge with no mental health training whatsoever?

How would you feel if I convinced a judge that your elevator no longer reached the top floor (and it doesn't) and you no longer needed access to the internet to spread lies?
It doesn't seem to be a problem in the states that already have ERPO laws. You would have to ask a judge how they make decisions in MANY cases without a mental health degree. I think expert testimony is usually relied on.

Police are trained in how to both deal and spot mentally I'll persons, they deal with this every day

What cave do you live in

How much supporting evidence for my position do you need? I'd just like to know up front so I do not waste my time?

All police get training in how to spot and deal with special needs people, who routinely break the law.

You didn't answer my question. Having "a class" on dealing with the mentally ill is not being trained on how to deal with the mentally ill and there are examples all the time where it's obvious many do not know how to.

If you need more evidence than 32 bodies you are a piece of shit from the whacko nra

So I will take that as you saying no amount of evidence would convince you. Another example of why we will never actually address this issue.

P.S. I do not own a single gun.

CIAO
The mother called the local police concerned that Patrick was buying an AK, but ....
The public safety officer asked the mother twice whether her son was suicidal or had threatened any other persons, which she indicated was not the case, according to Felty.
She thought he was too immature and noted he had no safety training. However that is not illegal, as the police explained.

El Paso suspect's mother called police concerned about gun - CNN

The police are not trained to deal with people with mental health issues. We see quite often where they are treated just like anyone else. Bash the autistic man upside the head because he didn't immediately respond to your command.

This needs to change.
It's true that police have to deal with the mentally ill every day. Having trained mh professionals on the police force to assist not only with training but to be available to assist when someone is bonkers would be helpful.

But if we did that, you wouldn't be out on the street very long!

This is why we will never adequately address this issue.
Fortunately, trolls are not all that common irl.

I heard alittle about that. I just don't think there is allot the cops could have done.
Saying that is just not responsible, the FBI also had the both the name of Nikolas Cruse and that he intended to do what he did. Law enforcement failed, but hey they always get the donut

I get it, but in all those cases say they took the guns, what would the news been then? Corrupt FBI confiscating guns! 1776,1776! No frame had been committed. This ain't the minority report. We can't arrest or detain folks just because we think they will commit a crime.

How would you feel if I convinced a judge that your elevator no longer reached the top floor (and it doesn't) and you no longer needed access to the internet to spread lies?
It doesn't seem to be a problem in the states that already have ERPO laws. You would have to ask a judge how they make decisions in MANY cases without a mental health degree. I think expert testimony is usually relied on.
Judges can order mental exams, they do not need decide without a degree

So, in other words, you are just as clueless about this as everything else you post about!

What cave do you live in

---------------------------------- I think that you actually need a crime Pnopf .

Judges can order mental exams, they do not need decide without a degree
Anyone who thinks he needs an AR-15 needs a mental exam.

What cave do you live in

---------------------------------- I think that you actually need a crime Pnopf .

Is threatening to kill someone a crime? Can making a list of people you want to kill be considered a crime?

Wow!

So mom warns the cops and the cops do nothing....don’t even talk to the guy for 5 minutes to gauge him?

That’s interesting.

Mom knew the guy WAS FUCKING INSANE.
------------------------------- I guess that the murderer hadn't broken any laws Col Angus ,

What cave do you live in

Is threatening to kill someone a crime? Can making a list of people you want to kill be considered a crime?

Yes, in CA:

(a) Any person who willfully threatens to commit a crime which will result in death or great bodily injury to another person, with the specific intent that the statement, made verbally, in writing, or by means of an electronic communication device, is to be taken as a threat, even if there is no intent of actually carrying it out, which, on its face and under the circumstances in which it is made, is so unequivocal, unconditional, immediate, and specific as to convey to the person threatened, a gravity of purpose and an immediate prospect of execution of the threat, and thereby causes that person reasonably to be in sustained fear for his or her own safety or for his or her immediate family's safety, shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail not to exceed one year, or by imprisonment in the state prison.

LINK: CA Penal Code Flashcards

Scroll down to PC 422

Yes, in CA:

(a) Any person who willfully threatens to commit a crime which will result in death or great bodily injury to another person, with the specific intent that the statement, made verbally, in writing, or by means of an electronic communication device, is to be taken as a threat, even if there is no intent of actually carrying it out, which, on its face and under the circumstances in which it is made, is so unequivocal, unconditional, immediate, and specific as to convey to the person threatened, a gravity of purpose and an immediate prospect of execution of the threat, and thereby causes that person reasonably to be in sustained fear for his or her own safety or for his or her immediate family's safety, shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail not to exceed one year, or by imprisonment in the state prison.

LINK: CA Penal Code Flashcards

Scroll down to PC 422

OK and while Colorado is not California, James Holmes threatened to kill his therapist. She said she could not get anyone to do anything.

Has that been addressed? Not that I'm aware.

What cave do you live in

A mother calling anonymously and saying her son was "immature" and untrained in heavy fire power guns does not constitute "mental illness." You cannot factually tie this phone call to the cops goofing up due to a lack of mental health training. They asked her twice if he was suicidal or had threatened others, and to her knowledge, the answer was no..

What cave do you live in

A mother calling anonymously and saying her son was "immature" and untrained in heavy fire power guns does not constitute "mental illness." You cannot factually tie this phone call to the cops goofing up due to a lack of mental health training. They asked her twice if he was suicidal or had threatened others, and to her knowledge, the answer was no..

We will never stop every single person that wants to do harm from doing harm but James Holmes threatened to kill his therapist. She could not get anyone to do anything about that.

And unless the mother called from some outside source there is no such thing as an anonymous call to the police.

What cave do you live in

---------------------------------------- don't know the details . Course it was the Police that had to make the call . As far as the supposed NAMES on a privately owned piece of paper I don't know if the Police had LEGAL access to that piece of paper or device that held the message . MOMS fear probably means nothing today but who knows when the Red Flag Laws goes into affect . --------- By the way , I just heard on FOX that 19 'Mexicans have been found dead and strung up in heavily gun controlled 'mexico' Pknopf .

CIAO
Why in the heck would you say such a thing?

Your linked article explains the call, and your evil stoking comment is the problem with the world today...
If the police cant stop mass killings when they have the name of the killer before, the police are useless.

Police really do not prevent crime -
Police respond to crime to document and investigate.
So if the police see a shooter in progress they can not stop the crime

Gotcha

You see that occurring a lot?

---------------------------------------- don't know the details . Course it was the Police that had to make the call . As far as the supposed NAMES on a privately owned piece of paper I don't know if the Police had LEGAL access to that piece of paper or device that held the message . MOMS fear probably means nothing today but who knows when the Red Flag Laws goes into affect . --------- By the way , I just heard on FOX that 19 'Mexicans have been found dead and strung up in heavily gun controlled 'mexico' Pknopf .

I'll have to assume you do not understand my position. I have never argued for gun control. What made you go there?

Forum List

Back