🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Police Shoot And Kill Wrong Way Driver From A Helicopter (video)

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for stopping the guy but what if the people in the other car had all been killed? I know, he was going the wrong way and could have hit them anyway, but I would think several shots into the radiator would have stopped the car or slowed it down enough to take the guy out at a lower speed.
I'm curious what that guy was shooting. Certainly not .50 cal.

No need for a fifty to take out a vehicle.

Maybe a fifty. Would be more likely to go through the engine block? Or less likely to ricochet off target and hit someone else because it's a heavier round?

Your a better expert on that than I am though

Radiators are very delicate. Hell,i'd imagine you could putt a bunch of 5.56 through the top of the hood and do enough damage to stop a vehicle.
Not really. People have seen a vehicle stopped with a single round to the engine in "Blackhawk Down" and they think that's how it works in real life. It takes time for fluids to drain through tiny holes and the cops needed to stop this vehicle immediately. Hoping the engine will seize 10 miles later by lack of oil is not practical. If Mythbusters hasn't done an episode on this widely believed myth, they should.
Not lack of oil, lack of coolant. If you shoot holes in the radiator, the engine will overheat within a minute or two and blow a head gasket, resulting in loss of compression. The car will stop running.

I'm curious what that guy was shooting. Certainly not .50 cal.

Maybe a fifty. Would be more likely to go through the engine block? Or less likely to ricochet off target and hit someone else because it's a heavier round?

Radiators are very delicate. Hell,i'd imagine you could putt a bunch of 5.56 through the top of the hood and do enough damage to stop a vehicle.
Not really. People have seen a vehicle stopped with a single round to the engine in "Blackhawk Down" and they think that's how it works in real life. It takes time for fluids to drain through tiny holes and the cops needed to stop this vehicle immediately. Hoping the engine will seize 10 miles later by lack of oil is not practical. If Mythbusters hasn't done an episode on this widely believed myth, they should.
Not lack of oil, lack of coolant. If you shoot holes in the radiator, the engine will overheat within a minute or two and blow a head gasket, resulting in loss of compression. The car will stop running.
It won't happen that quickly. Unless you take the lower hose completely off, the coolant won't drain through a tiny .223 hole that quickly. You might have to digress that the cops knew what they were doing.

It won't happen that quickly. Unless you take the lower hose completely off, the coolant won't drain through a tiny .223 hole that quickly. You might have to digress that the cops knew what they were doing.
If I was shooting at the car I would plug the front end with as many shots as I could and I wouldn't be using a .22.

If I was shooting at the car I would plug the front end with as many shots as I could and I wouldn't be using a .22.
.223, not a .22. It's the same calibre as the 5.56 mm the military and SWAT uses, virtually interchangeable.

58232-556natoadiaustraliandefenseindustries62grfmjammo50rdplasticfilmpacks-s1.JPG

If you need to stop the vehicle immediately you use a pit maneuver or spike strips.
A 5.56 will stop a vehicle way faster than a coolant leak.
It will punch holes in a valve head or block causing engine failure almost immediately.

.223, not a .22. It's the same calibre as the 5.56 mm the military and SWAT uses, virtually interchangeable.

58232-556natoadiaustraliandefenseindustries62grfmjammo50rdplasticfilmpacks-s1.JPG

But the 5.56 NATO is way stronger than the .223.

If you need to stop the vehicle immediately you use a pit maneuver or spike strips.
It will punch holes in a valve head or block causing engine failure almost immediately.
A precision shot from a moving helicopter? Why can't you guys admit the cops knew what they were doing?

A precision shot from a moving helicopter? Why can't you guys admit the cops knew what they were doing?

Dont have a problem with how they took the shit head out.
Rounds through the windshield are fine with me.

Not really. .223 is slightly longer with a higher grain weight. This makes it an ideal hunting round. The 5.56 mm is shortened for a more consistent feed. Though I fire both from my AR-15, the .223 sometimes causes feed failure because the tip gets caught in the lip of the magazine. For single shots, the .223 is going to be the round of choice.

They were damn lucky nobody was killed in the other vehicle. If that had happened, they would be defending themselves for their recklessness (and paying out a lot of money in law suits).

If you look into the shots fired in the Kursk incident you wont be so surprised on the accuracy.

Not really. .223 is slightly longer with a higher grain weight. This makes it an ideal hunting round. The 5.56 mm is shortened for a more consistent feed. Though I fire both from my AR-15, the .223 sometimes causes feed failure because the tip gets caught in the lip of the magazine. For single shots, the .223 is going to be the round of choice.

Sorry to say you're full of shit.
The NATO round is on average 1.000 fps faster than the .223.

They were damn lucky nobody was killed in the other vehicle. If that had happened, they would be defending themselves for their recklessness (and paying out a lot of money in law suits).
As I said earlier to Nazi boy, there is no risk free way to stop a fleeing suspect in a high speed chase.

As I said earlier to Nazi boy, there is no risk free way to stop a fleeing suspect in a high speed chase.
No, but if your kids are in the other car that gets creamed after the guy is taken out, you don't see it that way.

The grain weight of the bullet has been determined to be the biggest factor in penetration, not velocity. The 55 grain 5.56 mm cannot outperform the .223 upon impact. A dilettante like yourself shouldn't be so insulting to those who know guns.

You gave yourself away with your "way stronger" statement.

No, but if your kids are in the other car that gets creamed after the guy is taken out, you don't see it that way.
I wouldn't blame the cops. Anyone who engages in a high speed flight from cops should spend at least 10 years in prison on top of their other charges.

It sucks that people got hurt, but this asshole could have killed someone else further down the road if he wasn't stopped.

I wouldn't blame the cops. Anyone who engages in a high speed flight from cops should spend at least 10 years in prison on top of their other charges.

It sucks that people got hurt, but this asshole could have killed someone else further down the road if he wasn't stopped.
"Could have". Luckily for the cop, the people in the other car were not killed.

"Could have". Luckily for the cop, the people in the other car were not killed.
Lucky for the cop? He didn't do anything he wasn't authorized to do and nothing would have happened to him if they died.

The grain weight of the bullet has been determined to be the biggest factor in penetration, not velocity. The 55 grain 5.56 mm cannot outperform the .223 upon impact. A dilettante like yourself shouldn't be so insulting to those who know guns.

You gave yourself away with your "way stronger" statement.

Explain this....
upload_2015-9-22_0-20-12.png

Forum List

Back