🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Police State: Man Detained For Walking With Hands In Pockets...

I think the cop was wrong but certainly not criminal or an example of a "police state", both of which have been claimed in this thread.
Wrong? About what?
I explained that in detail on this thread.
39pages.. I'm not gonna look it up. I suppose you forgot what you think he was wrong about. Must have been a long explanation for you to take the time to explain that it's elsewhere without bothering to just say it. Or are you just one of "those" people with a stick up your butt?

The Big Brother-Worshippers would cheer this man being shot dead by this officer. That is the very sad reality. They would find a way to defend and justify it. Because that's what Big Brother-Worshippers do. They rationalize Cops committing crimes.

It's why no Citizen should ever count on them to look out for them. Citizens have to look out for themselves. And i think recording interactions with Police does achieve some balance. All Citizens should record all interactions.
This might be true, but your OP is a lousy example of it. It's absurd to suggest that anyone that doesn't see a foul here is a "state worshipper". The cops killing a man over loose cigarettes makes your case much better.

Fair enough. Just pointing out that the Big Brother-Worshippers do always try desperately to rationalize and justify crimes committed by the Police. That's their first instinct. It's a knee-jerk defense.

I truly believe they wouldn't give a shit if this cop had murdered this man. They would have come up with all sorts of reasons to rationalize and defend it. Just what i observe with them.
You believe lots of strange things. That's between you and your shrink.

Ha, your defense 'He obviously looked at the Cop wrong. He got what he deserved.'

You guys will come up with anything to rationalize and defend crimes committed by the Police. It is what it is.
Now you're just making shit up.
Actually you've made shit up this whole thread. The whole "he's lucky ot be alive." The whole "all black men fear cops". Evrything. You just invent shit and then assume it's true.
Are the voices telling you these things?

The Big Brother-Worshippers would cheer this man being shot dead by this officer. That is the very sad reality. They would find a way to defend and justify it. Because that's what Big Brother-Worshippers do. They rationalize Cops committing crimes.

It's why no Citizen should ever count on them to look out for them. Citizens have to look out for themselves. And i think recording interactions with Police does achieve some balance. All Citizens should record all interactions.
This might be true, but your OP is a lousy example of it. It's absurd to suggest that anyone that doesn't see a foul here is a "state worshipper". The cops killing a man over loose cigarettes makes your case much better.

Fair enough. Just pointing out that the Big Brother-Worshippers do always try desperately to rationalize and justify crimes committed by the Police. That's their first instinct. It's a knee-jerk defense.

I truly believe they wouldn't give a shit if this cop had murdered this man. They would have come up with all sorts of reasons to rationalize and defend it. Just what i observe with them.

Ha, your defense 'He obviously looked at the Cop wrong. He got what he deserved.'

You guys will come up with anything to rationalize and defend crimes committed by the Police. It is what it is.
Actually you've made shit up this whole thread. The whole "he's lucky ot be alive." The whole "all black men fear cops". Evrything. You just invent shit and then assume it's true.

You're living in denial. Your beloved Gestapo is running amok. It's time to reign it in.

You're living in denial. Your beloved Gestapo is running amok. It's time to reign it in.

Nice cop walks up to "talk" to paulitician. In response, paulitician runs around in circles screaming "GESTAPO!!!!!" Nice cop looks at the crazy dude, shrugs and goes to next call to stop bank robbery leaving paulitician still running around in circles with his hands in the air screaming...

Yes, it's the Gestapo. We live under a police regime. Ron Paul is our only hope.

Yes, it's the Gestapo. We live under a police regime. Ron Paul is our only hope.
Please don't associate Ron Paul with this windbag.

This guy is paid to come here and make libertarians look like idiots.

Please don't associate Ron Paul with this windbag.

This guy is paid to come here and make libertarians look like idiots.
Meh. Every political spectrum has those that are outright crazy. God knows I can point to many democrats and republicans that are nuts right here. Its not surprising that there are a few libertarians as well that are completely out of their minds.

If we were all really being honest, we would have to say this man's very fortunate to still be alive. No cameras, and this dude is dead meat. At the very least, he would have likely spent his Thanksgiving Holiday in a jail cell.
Conjecture unsupported by anything even resembling a fact.

Or, he's innocent till proven guilty. We could consider going that route? Just a thought anyway.
Yet you have deemed the cop guilty until proven innocent. Then you are presented the SOLID proof (from all parties perspectives) that he actually is innocent yet you still DEMAND he is guilty.

IOW, guilty without the possibility of presenting anything. Who ever knew you were such a totalitarian paul...

Or, he's innocent till proven guilty. We could consider going that route? Just a thought anyway.
Yet you have deemed the cop guilty until proven innocent. Then you are presented the SOLID proof (from all parties perspectives) that he actually is innocent yet you still DEMAND he is guilty.

IOW, guilty without the possibility of presenting anything. Who ever knew you were such a totalitarian paul...
But he's the common man's totalitarian. Somehow that makes it better

Hopefully, the days of 'your word against an army of Cops' word' is now passing. Recording the interactions between Citizens and Police seems to balance things properly. Because like i said, nothing can stop the Police from making anything up.

This man could have easily been shot and killed. And almost no one would have questioned it. In fact, the Big Brother-Worshippers would have screeched 'GOOD! He deserved it. He had to have done something wrong. Because the Police never lie and always do the right thing.' So good on him. He was prepared. It may have even saved his life.
And the crown on your thought process as this is unequivocally false. Had the cop shot him, a shit ton of people would have questioned it or have you missed the RIOTS occurring over another situation. The reality is that when an officer shoots someone there is nothing but questions. There should be. Many commenting on this thread (such as myself) have condemned police for there actions on several occasions yet here you are calling us "Big Brother Worshippers." Those that are not even close to what you claim are also calling you out on your bullshit yet that does not seem to wake you up to the fact you are grossly incorrect.

Here is a hint, when NO ONE ANYWHERE agrees with your asinine assertions you might want to take a close look at your assumptions. They are likely incorrect when you have people as diverse as Matt, RMK, me, Pogo and Konrad all agreeing with each other. I am not sure reality can get and more obvious.

Nice cop walks up to "talk" to paulitician. In response, paulitician runs around in circles screaming "GESTAPO!!!!!" Nice cop looks at the crazy dude, shrugs and goes to next call to stop bank robbery leaving paulitician still running around in circles with his hands in the air screaming...

I wish the board would enable animated avis. I'd like Paulie to have this one:

hair-fire.gif

I think the cop was wrong but certainly not criminal or an example of a "police state", both of which have been claimed in this thread.
Wrong? About what?
39pages.. I'm not gonna look it up. I suppose you forgot what you think he was wrong about. Must have been a long explanation for you to take the time to explain that it's elsewhere without bothering to just say it. Or are you just one of "those" people with a stick up your butt?
I'm sorry you're such an angry person.

Wrong? About what?
I'm sorry you're such an angry person.
Translation: The cops didn't do a single thing wrong in this case. So instead of answering the question you are deflecting to me.

Just a reminder to those of you who may have forgotten that we live in a police state.

A man from Pontiac, MI was stopped on the street and interrogated by an Oakland County Sheriff on Thanksgiving for walking with his hands in his pockets while it was snowing. The man, Brandon B Waxx McKean, pulled his hands out of his pockets to record this abuse of power.

Black man in a white neighborhood. He was up to no good and the police were onto him.

Nothing to see here folks!

If we were all really being honest, we would have to say this man's very fortunate to still be alive. No cameras, and this dude is dead meat. At the very least, he would have likely spent his Thanksgiving Holiday in a jail cell.

The reality is, with no camera, this man could have ended up dead or in jail, and you and I would be none the wiser as to what really happened. The Police can make up anything. That's just the way it is. They have almost complete free reign. It's your word against an army of Cops' word. And guess who wins on that?

But i think the recording of all interaction will balance things out a bit. However, it does't solve the problem entirely. The Militarization of our Police has to be addressed.

The Cop is guilty to some extent. He should have left this man alone. He wasn't doing anything wrong. He was harassed for no reason. It is what it is.

Just a reminder to those of you who may have forgotten that we live in a police state.

A man from Pontiac, MI was stopped on the street and interrogated by an Oakland County Sheriff on Thanksgiving for walking with his hands in his pockets while it was snowing. The man, Brandon B Waxx McKean, pulled his hands out of his pockets to record this abuse of power.

Black man in a white neighborhood. He was up to no good and the police were onto him.

Nothing to see here folks!

No black families live there?

The reality is, with no camera, this man could have ended up dead or in jail, and you and I would be none the wiser as to what really happened. The Police can make up anything. That's just the way it is. They have almost complete free reign. It's your word against an army of Cops' word. And guess who wins on that?

But i think the recording of all interaction will balance things out a bit. However, it does't solve the problem entirely. The Militarization of our Police has to be addressed.
The reality is... you are delusional.

The Militarization of our Police has to be addressed, yes. But the case of the cop who says hey what's up to the guy with the camera... yeah this video has nothing to do with the issue of militarization. This video is nothing more than hey look a cop talked to a black guy.

Forum List

Back