Police State: Man Detained For Walking With Hands In Pockets...

Again, I dont know what happened. But the cop didnt just stop him. The cop got a report of someone exhibiting suspicious behavior and that's why he stopped him.
So what was that behavior? We dont know.
There is more here than we are being told. That's for damnsure.

It's very possible this guy was being stopped just for having his hands in his pockets; even the cop was saying so. Cops are human and make mistakes, but that hardly makes us a "police state" like the Branch Paulinian wing nuts claim.

Another dingleberrry. Now you know why the police gets away with murder.

If this retard was grand juror he would vote no bill.

Again, I dont know what happened. But the cop didnt just stop him. The cop got a report of someone exhibiting suspicious behavior and that's why he stopped him.
So what was that behavior? We dont know.
There is more here than we are being told. That's for damnsure.

It's very possible this guy was being stopped just for having his hands in his pockets; even the cop was saying so. Cops are human and make mistakes, but that hardly makes us a "police state" like the Branch Paulinian wing nuts claim.

Another dingleberrry. Now you know why the police gets away with murder.

If this retard was grand juror he would vote no bill.

I didnt see anyone murdered in the video. I didnt even see an arrest.
Again, there was considerably more to the incident than just what was shown. Stuff that would change the entire meaning.
Recall that jurors viewing the entire Rodney King video exonerated the police officers involved.

Too many cops are instigating too many unnecessary confrontations these days. This one could have very well ended with another awful tragedy.
These people that bad mouth you support the police state and the aggressive nature of the almighty goon squads...

The elephant in the room nobody wants to talk about would be how it was a black man who was stopped for having his hands in his pockets.

It is correct that there's nothing unusual about that, as black men are constantly stopped for such trivial reasons.

Yeah, you make a valid point. Black Males do have good reason to be angry much of the time. It's understandable, when you take the time to look at it from their perspective. 'Walking while Black' does seem to be this man's offense.

Too many cops are instigating too many unnecessary confrontations these days. This one could have very well ended with another awful tragedy.
These people that bad mouth you support the police state and the aggressive nature of the almighty goon squads...

Yeah, being a Libertarian/Conservative sets you up for vicious attacks from both sides. Libertarian/Conservatives are generally despised by both Communists/Progressives and Neocons. It's why i always say Communists/Progressives and Neocons have so much more in common than they'll ever admit. They're both Big Government Totalitarian Globalists in the end.

I truly believe if there were no cameras recording the incident, this cop would have escalated the situation. Probably would have called for 'backup' to begin the real harassment. The cameras seem to have cooled things down. The cop decided it was better to just let it go. He knew he had nothing.

But i do believe if there were no cameras, this man would have been in some real danger. So maybe requiring officers to wear cameras is the right way to go. I'm starting to lean that way.

Sounds like the local politicians put the cops up to this because they felt they were being crowded out!

The nerve of this guy, keeping their hands out of his pocket that way!

I truly believe if there were no cameras recording the incident, this cop would have escalated the situation. Probably would have called for 'backup' to begin the real harassment. The cameras seem to have cooled things down. The cop decided it was better to just let it go. He knew he had nothing.

But i do believe if there were no cameras, this man would have been in some real danger. So maybe requiring officers to wear cameras is the right way to go. I'm starting to lean that way.
I've always leaned that way. I am installing a go-pro in both My cars and will turn them on in the case of any traffic stop.

I've always leaned that way. I am installing a go-pro in both My cars and will turn them on in the case of any traffic stop.

Yeah, the cameras seem to level the playing field. This man would have been in deep shit if he wasn't recording. Without cameras, the Police have absolute free reign. It's a 'your word against their word' scenario. And guess who wins that one?

This cop would have likely called for 'backup' and escalated the situation to a possible violent outcome. But with the cameras rolling, he decided it would be wise to just let it go. So the cameras did defuse the tense standoff.

The elephant in the room nobody wants to talk about would be how it was a black man who was stopped for having his hands in his pockets.

It is correct that there's nothing unusual about that, as black men are constantly stopped for such trivial reasons.

Yeah, you make a valid point. Black Males do have good reason to be angry much of the time. It's understandable, when you take the time to look at it from their perspective. 'Walking while Black' does seem to be this man's offense.

Being black doesn't give one the right to mouth off to cops though. Mouthing off only gets you a ticket or worse.

Being black doesn't give one the right to mouth off to cops though. Mouthing off only gets you a ticket or worse.

Nah, mouthing off is perfectly justifiable in some cases. And that's why recording these types of incidents will become the norm. I have no doubt this cop would have escalated this incident to dangerous levels.

But the cameras seem to have calmed the situation. He decided it was wise to just let it go. If there were no cameras rolling, i truly believe he would have called for 'backup' and really ramped up the harassment.

I believe without cameras the guy would have shanked the cop and stolen his gun.
Which one of us is right?

What gives cops the right to talk trash and get away with it?

I believe without cameras the guy would have shanked the cop and stolen his gun.

Well then good thing the cameras were rolling. Seems to have defused a possibly tragic standoff. Maybe the Police should be required to record. I am beginning to lean that way.

In the old days, this cop could have just called for 'backup' and really messed this man's life up. He could have invented numerous trumped-up charges against him. And how would anyone know different? I mean the Police never lie, right?

Your word against the Police word isn't gonna fly. Their fellow Gestapo mates will lie, cheat, and steal to protect their own. They'll do what they have to do to save each other. So don't rely on your word against an army of Cops' word. You will lose. Have a camera and record the incident. It levels the playing field somewhat.

Oh Brother!

The same thing happened to me, my ex and ex brother in law in the 1970's in Tucson when it was Thanksgiving and for the same reason, there was lots of robberies in the area at the time. We were out walking off our turkey dinner and we were stopped and asked what we were doing by a cop. That was the end of it.
Cops were just doing their job.
Some people in this nation needs to start using their brains and opened their closed eyes, rather than believing the lefts political spins for their agendas.

Nah, mouthing off is perfectly justifiable in some cases. And that's why recording these types of incidents will become the norm. I have no doubt this cop would have escalated this incident to dangerous levels.

But the cameras seem to have calmed the situation. He decided it was wise to just let it go. If there were no cameras rolling, i truly believe he would have called for 'backup' and really ramped up the harassment.
Notice the cop had a cell so the guy mouthing off couldn't claim he was innocent if his mouthing off led to an altercation.

Cops have to cover their asses too now.

Oh Brother!

The same thing happened to me, my ex and ex brother in law in the 1970's in Tucson when it was Thanksgiving and for the same reason, there was lots of robberies in the area at the time. We were out walking off our turkey dinner and we were stopped and asked what we were doing by a cop. That was the end of it.
Cops were just doing their job.
Some people in this nation needs to start using their brains and opened their closed eyes, rather than believing the lefts political spins for their agendas.

How did they do their job? Expand on that.

Well then good thing the cameras were rolling. Seems to have defused a possibly tragic standoff. Maybe the Police should be required to record. I am beginning to lean that way.
I suspect we narrowly averted WW3.

Forum List

Back