Political Cartoon

229bc9f324a6ac53.png

BREAKING: Donald Trump's shady lawyer Alina Habba gets verbally smacked down by the judge in the E. Jean Carroll defamation case — indicating a likely disastrous outcome for MAGA world.

This is exactly how you deal with Trump's minions...

Habba asked U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan once again to pause the trial so that Trump could attend a funeral for Melania's mother. Crucially, she made the request right before Carroll took the stand. It was clear that it was a delay tactic.

Politico's Erica Orden reported the ensuing exchange between the attorney and judge as "VERY testy."

"The application is denied," said Judge Kaplan. "I will hear no further argument on it."

Habba tried to speak to press her case, and Kaplan refused to let her.

"None," said Kaplan. "Do you understand that word? Sit down."

"I don't like to be spoken to that way, your honor," Habba whined, before pushing again for an adjournment.

"It’s denied. Sit down," said Kaplan.

Caroll then testified.

"Well, to have the president of the United States, one of the most powerful persons on earth, calling me a liar for three days and saying I’m a liar 26 times -- I counted them -- it ended the world that I had been living in. And I entered a new world," she said.

She testified that she receives hate messages "all the time" and that "scores and scores" arrive every day, "sometimes hundreds a day."

At one point during her testimony, Habba tried to raise an objection, prompting the judge to say: "First of all, when you speak in this courtroom, you'll stand up."

Clearly, this judge is tired of Donald Trump, his hack lawyers, and their cheap courtroom tactics.

May be an image of 2 people and the Oval Office
Desperation continues... 😂

Forum List

Back