🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Politicians Should Be Graded Like Private Workers

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
You’ve experienced it at work. The annual review. Your ability to meet the job description are documented and your strengths and weaknesses evaluated. Your job and any raise is based upon what you did for the company. From the CEO to the night janitor everyone is graded and evaluated.

Politicians on the other hand are not treated like you and I. I keep hearing praises for McCain. He’s my example out of the hundreds, so don’t get pissy. 36 years in DC and his contributions are two bills that have zero to minimal impact upon America. So unless you consider showing up and casting a vote every few days some sort of Godsend Herculesian effort, the guy should have been fired years ago.

But no, we re-elect him because of why I don’t know.

Deep State somehow gets them back.

You’ve experienced it at work. The annual review. Your ability to meet the job description are documented and your strengths and weaknesses evaluated. Your job and any raise is based upon what you did for the company. From the CEO to the night janitor everyone is graded and evaluated.

Politicians on the other hand are not treated like you and I. I keep hearing praises for McCain. He’s my example out of the hundreds, so don’t get pissy. 36 years in DC and his contributions are two bills that have zero to minimal impact upon America. So unless you consider showing up and casting a vote every few days some sort of Godsend Herculesian effort, the guy should have been fired years ago.

If the forum wanted to be useful in some way, to be functional in some way, there should be a section for prospective politician grading. The grading scale should be structured to 5 specific areas. And it should be heavily moderated as well by competent people.

There is zero grassroots function here. None. Only divide and conquer. I suppose it's profitable from an ad revenue perspective to support the physical platform, and even that is likely minimal, but the place is completely useless in terms of practical function.

Last edited:
Our paper regularly posts our elected legislators' voting records. Anything beyond that is going to be subjective, isn't it? Maybe attendance. I don't think it is necessary to introduce legislation yourself in order to be a good legislator, as someone is implying about McCain.

Elections are periodic grading of politicians. :dunno:
This.

The problem is an apathetic electorate. The electorate has become lazy and just rubber stamps politicians now.

I wonder just how involved the electorate has ever been, generally speaking. I think there is always a large percentage of people who just want to live their lives without being particularly concerned with politics, not just in the US but just about anywhere. That can translate into not voting, but it can also lead to people voting based entirely on the party a given candidate belongs to; going through the motions when voting, so to speak.

In the US in particular, it doesn't help that we have two parties that are so firmly entrenched in power in politics.

Elections are periodic grading of politicians. :dunno:
This.

The problem is an apathetic electorate. The electorate has become lazy and just rubber stamps politicians now.

I wonder just how involved the electorate has ever been, generally speaking. I think there is always a large percentage of people who just want to live their lives without being particularly concerned with politics, not just in the US but just about anywhere. That can translate into not voting, but it can also lead to people voting based entirely on the party a given candidate belongs to; going through the motions when voting, so to speak.

In the US in particular, it doesn't help that we have two parties that are so firmly entrenched in power in politics.
The 2 party system is a huge portion of the problem.

Apathy is, IMHO, a symptom of success. When life starts to truly get difficult people start actually paying attention and then stop when things get easy again.

Yes, elections are a form of grading politicians, but the problem is that we are asked to grade them based on a poor fund of information. 90% of populous out there vote without knowing anything more about a candidate for lack of time and resource than they see in political ads right before the election, the worst possible source, instead of an independent watchdog group that fairly records and grades actions based on research and facts.

WHY IS THAT?

Why is the greatest country in the world run by propaganda and deception rather than by truth and honesty?

If the forum wanted to be useful in some way, to be functional in some way, there should be a section for prospective politician grading. The grading scale should be structured to 5 specific areas. And it should be heavily moderated as well by competent people.

There is zero grassroots function here. None. Only divide and conquer. I suppose it's profitable from an ad revenue perspective to support the physical platform, and even that is likely minimal, but the place is completely useless in terms of practical function.

Rather than TALK about it, it's your idea, why don't you just DO IT? Talk to the mods and make it happen.

Rather than TALK about it, it's your idea, why don't you just DO IT? Talk to the mods and make it happen.

I'm an INTJ, toobs. It won't work with me in the mix.

You guys have to do it yourselves. Assume responsibility.

You can have the idea, toobs. It's all yours. Do with it what you want. And let it not be said that you did nothing productive around here, irrelevant of whether they do something lke that or not.

For me, it's not about getting elected. Not really. It's about changing the course of history. Changing the tenor of how we approach the issues of the day. And recognize them, for that matter. That kind of thing. I want synergy with the assumption that there will be civil disagreement, but there must be synergy in function. Getting elected is just a passing bonus.

If you guys do something like that, though, people should be able to freely submit their own candidate for forum review and all candidates should be welcomed, particularly local races in states and counties.

Last edited:
Our paper regularly posts our elected legislators' voting records. Anything beyond that is going to be subjective, isn't it? Maybe attendance. I don't think it is necessary to introduce legislation yourself in order to be a good legislator, as someone is implying about McCain.
A leader does not sit back and just cast votes.

Forum List

Back