🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Politico: Carson lied about admission to West Point.

After a hundred NEW threads about Benghazi put up by the deranged in the last month, despite NOTHING new to offer,

the same deranged are howling bloody murder about a handful of threads critical, and legitimately critical, of Ben Carson.

babies.

Why don't you Liberals say something about your debate last night? Nothing to say? Nothing to write home about? LOL!! Did anybody except Chris Mathhews Mom watch the boring thing?

How low can the Liberals go to discredit a Republican candidate? Politico Admits Fabricating A Hit Piece On Ben Carson

Please provide "credible" proof that Politico "admits fabricating a hit piece on Ben Carson".

If you dispute the source, then find your own - not my problem nor my responsibility to satisfy a Liberal loon.

Why don't you just go read Politico's updated story if you want to see exactly where Politico stands at this moment.
...because it changes from moment to moment.

How many times has it changed?

How's your thread about the Democrat debate going? LOL!! Apparently even the Liberals didn't watch. After your debate, you have nothing to discuss except to return to your attacks on Republican candidates. No publicity for Hillary or Bernie.

How low can the Liberals go to discredit a Republican candidate? Politico Admits Fabricating A Hit Piece On Ben Carson

Politico is standing by their story. I never realized that Politco was left leaning.

No, they aren't standing by there story. They changed the story and changed the headline. That's like saying Social Security never defaulted even though the government changes the terms of the deal every four years.

kaz said:
"Westmoreland could nominate him and he could commit to doing that "on the spot"

A general cannot nominate someone to West Point

Nominations and Admissions

From your link:

2. Regular Army/Reserve Components - 340/340
3. ROTC - 80

Nowhere does it say an Army General can make nominations on the spot.

Admissions - Apply_Nominations

Nowhere does it say an Army General can't make a personal commitment on the spot. So this thing is all a word parsing game for you, is it, comrade big guy?
It is quite clear who has authority to nominate

A general is not one of them

Didn't read your own link, did you, comrade big guy?

NaziCons need to stop lying about Politico - because Politico stands by its story.

Editor’s note: POLITICO stands by its reporting on this story, which has been updated to reflect Ben Carson’s on the record response. The original story and headline said that Carson’s campaign had admitted he"fabricated" a "full scholarship" from West Point, but now Carson denies that his campaign’s statement constituted such an admission, and the story and headline were changed to reflect that. POLITICO’s reporting established that Carson said he received a "full scholarship" from West Point, in writing and in public appearances over the years — but in fact he did not and there is actually no such thing as a "full scholarship" to the taxpayer-funded academy. And today in response to POLITICO he acknowledged for the first time that was not the case. Carson never explicitly wrote that he had applied for admission to West Point, although that was the clear implication of his claim to have received an offer of a "full scholarship," a point that POLITICO’s initial report should have made clear.

Read more: Exclusive: Carson claimed West Point 'scholarship' but never applied

So you believe the proven liar Politico "stands by its story" because the editor says it stands by its story? Nixon said he wasn't a crook. According to your logic there was no reason to hound him out of office.

kaz said:
"Westmoreland could nominate him and he could commit to doing that "on the spot"

A general cannot nominate someone to West Point

Nominations and Admissions

From your link:

2. Regular Army/Reserve Components - 340/340
3. ROTC - 80

Nowhere does it say an Army General can make nominations on the spot.

Admissions - Apply_Nominations

Nowhere does it say an Army General can't make a personal commitment on the spot. So this thing is all a word parsing game for you, is it, comrade big guy?
It is quite clear who has authority to nominate

A general is not one of them

True, a general isn't, but it turns out a ROTC instructor is:

• Army Junior and Senior ROTC Programs and Honor ROTC Units of Other Services
    Applicants currently enrolled in an Army Junior or Senior Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) program or an ROTC program from another branch of service that has been designated as an Honor Unit with Distinction are eligible for a nomination in this category. A request for a ROTC Nomination should be made through your Professor of Military Science or Senior Instructor who must fill out and submit a Request for ROTC Nomination (Form 5-497) to the Director of Admissions, U.S. Military Academy.

Carson would have met the above qualification.

Last edited:
NaziCons need to stop lying about Politico - because Politico stands by its story.

Editor’s note: POLITICO stands by its reporting on this story, which has been updated to reflect Ben Carson’s on the record response. The original story and headline said that Carson’s campaign had admitted he"fabricated" a "full scholarship" from West Point, but now Carson denies that his campaign’s statement constituted such an admission, and the story and headline were changed to reflect that. POLITICO’s reporting established that Carson said he received a "full scholarship" from West Point, in writing and in public appearances over the years — but in fact he did not and there is actually no such thing as a "full scholarship" to the taxpayer-funded academy. And today in response to POLITICO he acknowledged for the first time that was not the case. Carson never explicitly wrote that he had applied for admission to West Point, although that was the clear implication of his claim to have received an offer of a "full scholarship," a point that POLITICO’s initial report should have made clear.

Read more: Exclusive: Carson claimed West Point 'scholarship' but never applied
"Updated" meaning changed. Grow a brain.

Meaning they don't stand by the original story. And these sanctimonious turds are so indignant that Carson said "scholarship" rather than "appointment."

[

True, a general doesn't, but it turns out a ROTC instructor is:

Applicants currently enrolled in an Army Junior or Senior Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) program or an ROTC program from another branch of service that has been designated as an Honor Unit with Distinction are eligible for a nomination in this category. A request for a ROTC Nomination should be made through your Professor of Military Science or Senior Instructor who must fill out and submit a Request for ROTC Nomination (Form 5-497) to the Director of Admissions, U.S. Military Academy.

But that's not what Uncle Tom claimed. He claimed that Westmoreland offered him a scholarship. Which would have been a really good trick because Westy was in Washington DC at the time.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I am not supporting Carson for President, but what is the issue here?

The guy was the top student in Detroit. There is no doubt in my mind that the General told him West Point was on the table for him if he wanted it. In the world of business, it would be like a CEO telling me a position in his company was mine if i wanted it. I can safely assume I am in if that is what I want. I don't need a form letter from the company. He decided to go a different route, so while it makes for an interesting life experience for Carson, I don't expect documentation for this kind of thing. I bet half of the federal and state employees out there today knew the job was theirs before even formally applying. Informal offers and discussions happen in every business and definitely in government. There is a reason behind the statement, "its not what you know, its who you know".

The media would have us assume that a young Carson, knowing he may one day run for President, would formerly apply following his discussion with the General, so to have documentation of the offer. Even though he didn't plan on attending. Ridiculous.

[QUOTE="rig

True, a general doesn't, but it turns out a ROTC instructor is:

But that's not what Uncle Tom claimed. He claimed that Westmoreland offered him a scholarship. Which would have been a really good trick because Westy was in Washington DC at the time.

That's the most intelligent post I've seen from you so far.

After a hundred NEW threads about Benghazi put up by the deranged in the last month, despite NOTHING new to offer,

the same deranged are howling bloody murder about a handful of threads critical, and legitimately critical, of Ben Carson.

babies.

Why don't you Liberals say something about your debate last night? Nothing to say? Nothing to write home about? LOL!! Did anybody except Chris Mathhews Mom watch the boring thing?
Not watching debates yet (except for Trump because he's entertaining)...way too early.

But that's not what Uncle Tom claimed. He claimed that Westmoreland offered him a scholarship. Which would have been a really good trick because Westy was in Washington DC at the time.

That's the most intelligent post I've seen from you so far.

Joe may be pompous, arrogant, opinionated and hateful. He may be an idiot, petty, spiteful and angry He may be short, bald, bow legged and fat. He may be rude, condescending and chronically intoxicated. He may be broke, unappreciative and abusive. Wow, these pretzels are pretty good. I have to stop at the store and get more tomorrow

I am not supporting Carson for President, but what is the issue here?

The guy was the top student in Detroit. There is no doubt in my mind that the General told him West Point was on the table for him if he wanted it. In the world of business, it would be like a CEO telling me a position in his company was mine if i wanted it. I can safely assume I am in if that is what I want. I don't need a form letter from the company. He decided to go a different route, so while it makes for an interesting life experience for Carson, I don't expect documentation for this kind of thing. I bet half of the federal and state employees out there today knew the job was theirs before even formally applying. Informal offers and discussions happen in every business and definitely in government. There is a reason behind the statement, "its not what you know, its who you know".

The media would have us assume that a young Carson, knowing he may one day run for President, would formerly apply following his discussion with the General, so to have documentation of the offer. Even though he didn't plan on attending. Ridiculous.

Except- again, Westmoreland wasn't in Detroit to make that offer. Now Carson's campaign, which has had a chance to check the records, is claiming that the meeting took place in February and Not May of 1969.

Joe may be pompous, arrogant, opinionated and hateful. He may be an idiot, petty, spiteful and angry He may be short, bald, bow legged and fat. He may be rude, condescending and chronically intoxicated. He may be broke, unappreciative and abusive. Wow, these pretzels are pretty good. I have to stop at the store and get more tomorrow

Double-Wide, I thought you were ignoring me for all those ass-kickings I've inflicted on you.

Meanwhile, I've taken a new job with a 25% pay increase, and my side business is making record money.

And my ex-boss? Now a vendor who is begging me to throw business his way.

Life is good.

Just because Carson was an accomplished neurosurgeon doesn't mean that he isn't (or couldn't be) a bald-faced liar about his biography or his past. Frankly, who hasn't exaggerated a life story whether it's about the fish that got away or about the hot girl they used to date. And what guy doesn't stretch the truth from time to time in order to impress a woman or to make a good impression. But that's far different from putting it down on paper for publication.

Secondly, IF Carson (or anyone, for that matter) actually told one lie about one part of his life (like being offered a scholarship to West Point), what are the chances of that being the ONLY lie he ever told? I think that's pretty remote, actually.

If I had to guess, Carson probably exaggerated past events in his life for a long period of time.Frankly, I've met a lot of people like that in life. As a general rule, you just listen even if and when you're skeptical about what you're being told. However, if he'd been telling these stories for years, it would look pretty darn strange if he wrote a biography and didn't include those events when he knew friends and colleagues would probably read his book at some point.

Now, here's Carson's REAL problem. If he's lied a lot over the years, the other shoe has yet to fall because he's going to get caught again, and again, and again, if he's told a series of lies. That's little different than how any pattern of behavior can come back to haunt a prospective officeholder whether it's something as serious as repeated corruption or something as minor as serial adultery.

So, here's the bottom line. If Carson had a habit of embellishing his life story and/or self-aggrandizement, the revelations are going to be the equivalent of death by a thousand cuts.

I like how all of what is being said About Carson, in condemning him, could even more so be applied to Obama and Hillary... lol

Just because Carson was an accomplished neurosurgeon doesn't mean that he isn't (or couldn't be) a bald-faced liar about his biography or his past. Frankly, who hasn't exaggerated a life story whether it's about the fish that got away or about the hot girl they used to date. And what guy doesn't stretch the truth from time to time in order to impress a woman or to make a good impression. But that's far different from putting it down on paper for publication.

Secondly, IF Carson (or anyone, for that matter) actually told one lie about one part of his life (like being offered a scholarship to West Point), what are the chances of that being the ONLY lie he ever told? I think that's pretty remote, actually.

If I had to guess, Carson probably exaggerated past events in his life for a long period of time.Frankly, I've met a lot of people like that in life. As a general rule, you just listen even if and when you're skeptical about what you're being told. However, if he'd been telling these stories for years, it would look pretty darn strange if he wrote a biography and didn't include those events when he knew friends and colleagues would probably read his book at some point.

Now, here's Carson's REAL problem. If he's lied a lot over the years, the other shoe has yet to fall because he's going to get caught again, and again, and again, if he's told a series of lies. That's little different than how any pattern of behavior can come back to haunt a prospective officeholder whether it's something as serious as repeated corruption or something as minor as serial adultery.

So, here's the bottom line. If Carson had a habit of embellishing his life story and/or self-aggrandizement, the revelations are going to be the equivalent of death by a thousand cuts.

If I had to guess, I would say you're just another bootlicking shill for the Democrat party willing to support any sleazy dishonest attack against the leading Republican candidate. What are the odds of that being true? They are about 100%, based on observing your posting history.

Forum List

Back