🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Politico: Carson lied about admission to West Point.

Nowhere does it say an Army General can make nominations on the spot.

Admissions - Apply_Nominations

Nowhere does it say an Army General can't make a personal commitment on the spot. So this thing is all a word parsing game for you, is it, comrade big guy?
It is quite clear who has authority to nominate

A general is not one of them

Didn't read your own link, did you, comrade big guy?

Show me where in the link a general has authority to appoint someone to West Point

I understand your point technically speaking. But, if 4 star General Westmoreland wanted someone in at West Point, and that person had the qualifications, I highly doubt anyone would have blocked his recommendation, especially back in the old days. In fact, even if he didn't have any qualifications, he probably would have been admitted. The real world works that way sometimes, especially where 4 stat generals are concerned.

I agree

If a four star general wrote a personal recommendation, your chances are excellent you would get an appointment

If Carson had said that, it would have been acceptable. But Westmoreland never would have offered a "scholarship" on the spot. He did not have the authority

Nowhere does it say an Army General can't make a personal commitment on the spot. So this thing is all a word parsing game for you, is it, comrade big guy?

True, a general isn't, but it turns out a ROTC instructor is:

• Army Junior and Senior ROTC Programs and Honor ROTC Units of Other Services
    Applicants currently enrolled in an Army Junior or Senior Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) program or an ROTC program from another branch of service that has been designated as an Honor Unit with Distinction are eligible for a nomination in this category. A request for a ROTC Nomination should be made through your Professor of Military Science or Senior Instructor who must fill out and submit a Request for ROTC Nomination (Form 5-497) to the Director of Admissions, U.S. Military Academy.

Carson would have met the above qualification.

An ROTC instructor can nominate but does not have the authority to make an appointment to a service academy

Neither does a member of Congress, numskull.

Actually, members of Congress do have that authority Fingerboy

Last edited:

Applicants currently enrolled in an Army Junior or Senior Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) program or an ROTC program from another branch of service that has been designated as an Honor Unit with Distinction are eligible for a nomination in this category. A request for a ROTC Nomination should be made through your Professor of Military Science or Senior Instructor who must fill out and submit a Request for ROTC Nomination (Form 5-497) to the Director of Admissions, U.S. Military Academy.

An ROTC instructor can nominate but does not have the authority to make an appointment to a service academy

Finger boy......hilarious.

No they don't, moron.

Congressional Nominations - Who Can Nominate?
  • The Vice President
  • U.S. Senators
  • U.S. Representatives
  • Delegates to the House of Representatives from Washington, D.C., the Mariana Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and the Virgin Islands
  • The Governor of Puerto Rico
  • The Resident Commissioner of Puerto Rico
  • The Secretary of the Army

What to Do:

• Apply for every nomination for which you are eligible. At minimum, send a request to the two U.S. senators from your state, your congressional representative in the House of Representatives and the Vice President.
  • Begin seeking nominations in the spring of your junior year, or as soon as you apply to West Point. Do not delay! The nomination deadlines vary, but they are deadlines, not suggested or preferred dates. If you miss a deadline, there are no exceptions. Applicants must complete the online VP nomination application during the application period of March 1 to January 31 preceding the year of entrance to the academy. Don’t take a chance on missing a deadline. Start early!
  • Find out whether you are eligible for nominations related to military service. For example, sons and daughters of career military personnel may be eligible for presidential nominations. Please check the online Prospectus for more information.
They can nominate. That's all they can do.

Show me where in the link a general has authority to appoint someone to West Point

I understand your point technically speaking. But, if 4 star General Westmoreland wanted someone in at West Point, and that person had the qualifications, I highly doubt anyone would have blocked his recommendation, especially back in the old days. In fact, even if he didn't have any qualifications, he probably would have been admitted. The real world works that way sometimes, especially where 4 stat generals are concerned.

I agree

If a four star general wrote a personal recommendation, your chances are excellent you would get an appointment

If Carson had said that, it would have been acceptable. But Westmoreland never would have offered a "scholarship" on the spot. He did not have the authority

And so we have something more useless than Fantasy Football to let people make morons out of themselves over.

Finger boy......hilarious.

If sad and pathetic is "hilarious," that is.

NaziCons need to stop lying about Politico - because Politico stands by its story.

Editor’s note: POLITICO stands by its reporting on this story, which has been updated to reflect Ben Carson’s on the record response. The original story and headline said that Carson’s campaign had admitted he"fabricated" a "full scholarship" from West Point, but now Carson denies that his campaign’s statement constituted such an admission, and the story and headline were changed to reflect that. POLITICO’s reporting established that Carson said he received a "full scholarship" from West Point, in writing and in public appearances over the years — but in fact he did not and there is actually no such thing as a "full scholarship" to the taxpayer-funded academy. And today in response to POLITICO he acknowledged for the first time that was not the case. Carson never explicitly wrote that he had applied for admission to West Point, although that was the clear implication of his claim to have received an offer of a "full scholarship," a point that POLITICO’s initial report should have made clear.

Read more: Exclusive: Carson claimed West Point 'scholarship' but never applied
"Updated" meaning changed. Grow a brain.

Go update your underpants, crybaby.

Go read the latest Politico article.
They have zero credibility, go update yourself. You don't change a story to reflect rebuttals. Liberals have to lie and move goal posts.

Post 794
That's your post, genius. I didn't bring up Benghazi. Put the crack pipe down.

NaziCons need to stop lying about Politico - because Politico stands by its story.

Editor’s note: POLITICO stands by its reporting on this story, which has been updated to reflect Ben Carson’s on the record response. The original story and headline said that Carson’s campaign had admitted he"fabricated" a "full scholarship" from West Point, but now Carson denies that his campaign’s statement constituted such an admission, and the story and headline were changed to reflect that. POLITICO’s reporting established that Carson said he received a "full scholarship" from West Point, in writing and in public appearances over the years — but in fact he did not and there is actually no such thing as a "full scholarship" to the taxpayer-funded academy. And today in response to POLITICO he acknowledged for the first time that was not the case. Carson never explicitly wrote that he had applied for admission to West Point, although that was the clear implication of his claim to have received an offer of a "full scholarship," a point that POLITICO’s initial report should have made clear.

Read more: Exclusive: Carson claimed West Point 'scholarship' but never applied
"Updated" meaning changed. Grow a brain.
Yes, it means "updated" - not "fabricated"...
If it was accurate it wouldn't need "updating". They LIED when they said the campaign admitted Carson fabricated the story. Get someone to walk you through this.

So the truth is that the campaign is still denying the undeniable truth that Carson lied?

Somehow that makes it better? lol
They are denying what Politico claimed because they didn't say it. What the fuck is wrong with you?

No they don't, moron.

Congressional Nominations - Who Can Nominate?
  • The Vice President
  • U.S. Senators
  • U.S. Representatives
  • Delegates to the House of Representatives from Washington, D.C., the Mariana Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and the Virgin Islands
  • The Governor of Puerto Rico
  • The Resident Commissioner of Puerto Rico
  • The Secretary of the Army

What to Do:

• Apply for every nomination for which you are eligible. At minimum, send a request to the two U.S. senators from your state, your congressional representative in the House of Representatives and the Vice President.
  • Begin seeking nominations in the spring of your junior year, or as soon as you apply to West Point. Do not delay! The nomination deadlines vary, but they are deadlines, not suggested or preferred dates. If you miss a deadline, there are no exceptions. Applicants must complete the online VP nomination application during the application period of March 1 to January 31 preceding the year of entrance to the academy. Don’t take a chance on missing a deadline. Start early!
  • Find out whether you are eligible for nominations related to military service. For example, sons and daughters of career military personnel may be eligible for presidential nominations. Please check the online Prospectus for more information.
They can nominate. That's all they can do.

Yep, that's what my brother did for the Naval Academy. He applied to all the options. He got our Congressman's nomination and was accepted. He was in Gulf War I. Then he got sick of their shit and left when he could.

From your link:

2. Regular Army/Reserve Components - 340/340
3. ROTC - 80

OK, comrade big guy, you're not processing this. When you don't answer questions, you don't get to ask them. What part of that do you not grasp?

I like how all of what is being said About Carson, in condemning him, could even more so be applied to Obama and Hillary... lol

Uh, no, it really can't. You guys have been trying for 20 years to get the goods on Hillary and you are still coming up empty.

Carson's probably done by the end of the month.

thank you for putting my point better than I did

I agree

Obviously when Carson was 20 he was researching the exact terms and processes and not just thinking the leader of the US military for half a decade knew what he was talking about.

You are seriously, a fucking moron. You know, because you've claimed you work, but you also claimed you are retired. But you are a governemnt contractor who is an employee Republican who's a Democrat

Thanks guy

I can't help but wonder, as in the words of that deepest of philosophers, Mrs. Rodham-Clinton/Lewinsky: "What difference does it make?"

I agree

Obviously when Carson was 20 he was researching the exact terms and processes and not just thinking the leader of the US military for half a decade knew what he was talking about.

You are seriously, a fucking moron. You know, because you've claimed you work, but you also claimed you are retired. But you are a governemnt contractor who is an employee Republican who's a Democrat

Thanks guy
The same 20 year old Carson who thought he was getting a "scholarship"?

I agree

Thanks guy
The same 20 year old Carson who thought he was getting a "scholarship"?

The academy is a free ride, Holmes, not sure what you think you're accomplishing with you're clueless comment

If there was a (D) next to his name this would be a dead issue...

He didn't lie, there is no proof he lied, in fact his story stands up, he was the #1 ROTC student in Detroit...

The liberal bias of the MSM is the issue, not this...

Forum List

Back