🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Politico: Carson lied about admission to West Point.

Alg-crying-baby-jpg.jpg

Never mind, I was going to put up some quotes from Hillary dodging bullets in Afghanistan and other items said be liberals that are never vetted like the liberal lickspittle lapdog media does to the Republicans.

I love it when bribaby is up against irrefutable facts he is incapable of conceding.

You wouldn't know a fact if it landed on your head.

I know two.

Carson said he was offered a full scholarship to West Point.

Carson was not offered a full scholarship to West Point.
Not specifically defending Carson but it is well know that our memories of events can change influenced by unconscious desires and even with other memories (created or real) imposed upon specific recalls. Just some food for thought.

Memory Recall/Retrieval - Memory Processes - The Human Memory

It is also possible that false memories (or at least wrongly interpreted memories) may be created during recall, and carried forward thereafter. Research into false memory creation is particularly associated with Elizabeth Loftus' work in the 1970s. Among many other experiments in this area (see the side panel on the Psychogenic Amnesia page, for example), she showed how the precise wording of a question about memories (e.g. "the car hit" or "the car smashed into") can dramatically influence the recall and re-creation of memories, and can even permanently change those memories for future recalls - a phenomenon which is not lost on the legal profession. It is thought that it may even be possible, up to a point, to choose to forget, by blocking out unwanted memories during recall, a process achieved by frontal lobe activity, which inhibits the laying down or re-consolidation of a memory.

Sounds like he remembers the details of that day very well. Even the little details.

CTJXKsdWIAQRnpU.png
Sounds like and is are two specifically different things. Notice I didn't say it was a false memory, I said it's a possibility. Different people will believe whichever based on their personal bias, I don't know which is true so knowing the nature of how memory works I tend to take a neutral stance in situations like this.

I suppose it is possible that Ben has many false memories, like the class he said he took at Yale that never existed, or the friend he tried to stab that suddenly turned into a family member. lol

Look, you want to vote for Carson, go right ahead. But don't think he's not a liar like the rest of them.

I'll think whatever I want to think, and this little episode dissuaded no one from voting for Carson. In fact, it may have brought more support to his campaign. Americans don't like scumbags who smear innocent people.
Now you're calling Trump a scumbag?

Who did Trump smear?

Jesus pay attention. Trump calls Carson a liar in this. I posted the tweet dumbass.

Trump responded to what had been reported before all the facts were out.

Is there some sort of irresistible bliss that accompanies the ability to be fully immune to embarassing oneself with stupid comments?

Look, you want to vote for Carson, go right ahead. But don't think he's not a liar like the rest of them.

I'll think whatever I want to think, and this little episode dissuaded no one from voting for Carson. In fact, it may have brought more support to his campaign. Americans don't like scumbags who smear innocent people.
Now you're calling Trump a scumbag?

Who did Trump smear?

Jesus pay attention. Trump calls Carson a liar in this. I posted the tweet dumbass.

Trump responded to what had been reported before all the facts were out.

What facts weren't out? Carson wrote the lie decades ago.

You wouldn't know a fact if it landed on your head.

I know two.

Carson said he was offered a full scholarship to West Point.

Carson was not offered a full scholarship to West Point.
Not specifically defending Carson but it is well know that our memories of events can change influenced by unconscious desires and even with other memories (created or real) imposed upon specific recalls. Just some food for thought.

Memory Recall/Retrieval - Memory Processes - The Human Memory

It is also possible that false memories (or at least wrongly interpreted memories) may be created during recall, and carried forward thereafter. Research into false memory creation is particularly associated with Elizabeth Loftus' work in the 1970s. Among many other experiments in this area (see the side panel on the Psychogenic Amnesia page, for example), she showed how the precise wording of a question about memories (e.g. "the car hit" or "the car smashed into") can dramatically influence the recall and re-creation of memories, and can even permanently change those memories for future recalls - a phenomenon which is not lost on the legal profession. It is thought that it may even be possible, up to a point, to choose to forget, by blocking out unwanted memories during recall, a process achieved by frontal lobe activity, which inhibits the laying down or re-consolidation of a memory.

Sounds like he remembers the details of that day very well. Even the little details.

CTJXKsdWIAQRnpU.png
Sounds like and is are two specifically different things. Notice I didn't say it was a false memory, I said it's a possibility. Different people will believe whichever based on their personal bias, I don't know which is true so knowing the nature of how memory works I tend to take a neutral stance in situations like this.

I suppose it is possible that Ben has many false memories, like the class he said he took at Yale that never existed, or the friend he tried to stab that suddenly turned into a family member. lol
Look at my sig line then ask yourself who want's desperately to believe he intentionally lied.........

Again, I don't know if he did or not, don't really care as lying is qualification number one for any politician. Of course we all want the politicians who can lie effectively and mostly "support" our views...........

kaz said:
"Westmoreland could nominate him and he could commit to doing that "on the spot"

A general cannot nominate someone to West Point

Nominations and Admissions

From your link:

2. Regular Army/Reserve Components - 340/340
3. ROTC - 80

Nowhere does it say an Army General can make nominations on the spot.

Admissions - Apply_Nominations

Nowhere does it say an Army General can't make a personal commitment on the spot. So this thing is all a word parsing game for you, is it, comrade big guy?

kaz said:
"Westmoreland could nominate him and he could commit to doing that "on the spot"

A general cannot nominate someone to West Point

Nominations and Admissions

From your link:

2. Regular Army/Reserve Components - 340/340
3. ROTC - 80

Nowhere does it say an Army General can make nominations on the spot.

Admissions - Apply_Nominations

Nowhere does it say an Army General can't make a personal commitment on the spot. So this thing is all a word parsing game for you, is it, comrade big guy?
It is quite clear who has authority to nominate

A general is not one of them

Has Carson said anything about his past that can be verified as true? I expect that Trump will really thump him hard during the next GOP debate.

Last edited:
Ben's own campaign said he fabricated the story...
Can you support that?

That's how the story was reported. His campaign admitted there was no scholarship offer. Politico only updated the story to reflect Ben's denials, however, it's kind of hard to get around the fact that the general never met with Ben on Memorial Day, as stated in his book.
I asked if you could support it. You couldn't so you went for another smear. He met with the General at a banquet at another time. Wow, that's serious. You libs care nothing about the steady stream of lies and want to turn that into a national crisis?

Politico Admits Fabricating A Hit Piece On Ben Carson
Politico's editorial staff on Friday conceded that entire basis of attack on Carson was invented out of whole cloth.
November 6, 2015 By Mollie Hemingway

Politico‘s Kyle Cheney admitted that he fabricated a negative story about Ben Carson. At least, according to his own standards, he admitted the grievous journalistic sin.

In a story published early on Friday, Politico’s Kyle Cheney authored a piece headlined “Ben Carson admits fabricating West Point scholarship” with a subhed “Carson’s campaign on Friday conceded that a central point in his inspirational personal story did not occur as he previously described.”

There were at least five major problems with the story:

• The headline was completely false
  • The subhed was also completely false
  • The opening paragraph was false false false
  • The substance of the piece was missing key exonerating information
  • The article demonstrated confusion about service academy admissions and benefits

Can you support that?

That's how the story was reported. His campaign admitted there was no scholarship offer. Politico only updated the story to reflect Ben's denials, however, it's kind of hard to get around the fact that the general never met with Ben on Memorial Day, as stated in his book.
I asked if you could support it. You couldn't so you went for another smear. Asshole.

Yes, it's just a liberal conspiracy from the left leaning Politico, moron.

Can you support that?

I asked if you could support it. You couldn't so you went for another smear. Asshole.

Yes, it's just a liberal conspiracy from the left leaning Politico, moron.
See the above, smegma breath.

NaziCons need to stop lying about Politico - because Politico stands by its story.

Editor’s note: POLITICO stands by its reporting on this story, which has been updated to reflect Ben Carson’s on the record response. The original story and headline said that Carson’s campaign had admitted he"fabricated" a "full scholarship" from West Point, but now Carson denies that his campaign’s statement constituted such an admission, and the story and headline were changed to reflect that. POLITICO’s reporting established that Carson said he received a "full scholarship" from West Point, in writing and in public appearances over the years — but in fact he did not and there is actually no such thing as a "full scholarship" to the taxpayer-funded academy. And today in response to POLITICO he acknowledged for the first time that was not the case. Carson never explicitly wrote that he had applied for admission to West Point, although that was the clear implication of his claim to have received an offer of a "full scholarship," a point that POLITICO’s initial report should have made clear.

Read more: Exclusive: Carson claimed West Point 'scholarship' but never applied

Forum List

Back