🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Politico: Carson lied about admission to West Point.

West Point used the term scholarship back in the day. And I can speak for many many conservatives that we are glad all the left had to throw in the ring after 8 years is a failed candidate with tons of baggage.

1. They never offered him a scholarship.

2. He said they did

3. That's lying.

He said he was offered a scholarship. He didn't say the school of West Point extended a formal offer. If I'm a manager in my company and I promise you a job, does that mean my company made you a formal offer?

Your accusation hinges on semantics, which is proof that it's bullshit.

What part of "he didn't meet with Westmoreland on Memorial Day" do you not understand? His claim was that he was offered a scholarship when he met with the general on Memorial Day. That never happened.

Ben's own campaign said he fabricated the story, then Ben denied it.

That wasn't the accusation Politico made, dumbass. Whether he ever met Westmoreland is up for debate, not whether he claimed to have been admitted to West Point and attended.

It is not up for debate, idiot. Jezus, do I have to spell everything out for you?

Politico said Ben was not offered a scholarship. Ben's own campaign said he fabricated the story. Then Ben denies those claims and says he met with Westmoreland on Memorial Day. Politico contacted the U.S. Army and they fax them over an itinerary that shows the general was not there on Memorial Day.

Politico Lied, even CNN called them out on it.

Difference in terminology. That's the best euphemism for a lie I've heard in a long time.

Oh I think I can safely speak for many many many many liberals when I say that we are quite pleased at the possibility of Carson being the nominee.
West Point used the term scholarship back in the day. And I can speak for many many conservatives that we are glad all the left had to throw in the ring after 8 years is a failed candidate with tons of baggage.
I have never heard West Point use the term scholarship

That is not what they offer. You become a member of the armed forces. That is nothing like a scholarship

When have you ever heard anything from West Point? Do you actually expect us to believe you've ever read any literature or articles published by any military academy?

Are all left-wingers lying hosebags like you and Politico?

No need to answer. The question is purely rhetorical.

I love it when bribaby is up against irrefutable facts he is incapable of conceding.

2. He said they did

3. That's lying.

He said he was offered a scholarship. He didn't say the school of West Point extended a formal offer. If I'm a manager in my company and I promise you a job, does that mean my company made you a formal offer?

What part of "he didn't meet with Westmoreland on Memorial Day" do you not understand? His claim was that he was offered a scholarship when he met with the general on Memorial Day. That never happened.

That wasn't the accusation Politico made, dumbass. Whether he ever met Westmoreland is up for debate, not whether he claimed to have been admitted to West Point and attended.

It is not up for debate, idiot. Jezus, do I have to spell everything out for you?

Politico said Ben was not offered a scholarship. Ben's own campaign said he fabricated the story. Then Ben denies those claims and says he met with Westmoreland on Memorial Day. Politico contacted the U.S. Army and they fax them over an itinerary that shows the general was not there on Memorial Day.

You repeat one media lie after the other and you call me an idiot? All of your claims have already been shot out of the saddle.

That isn't what his campaign said. He met Westmoreland at a banquet...

Ben Carson Pushes Back On Questions About His West Point Story
The campaign said Carson was the top ROTC student in Detroit in 1969 and was invited to a banquet, where, he wrote in his book, he met with Gen. William Westmoreland, who had commanded U.S. forces in Vietnam and other military officials.

"[A]ccording to records of Westmoreland's schedule that were provided by the U.S. Army, the general did not visit Detroit around Memorial Day in 1969 or have dinner with Carson. In fact, the general's records suggest he was in Washington that day and played tennis at 6:45 p.m. There are, however, several reports of an event in February of that year, similar to the one Carson described."

Difference in terminology. That's the best euphemism for a lie I've heard in a long time.

Oh I think I can safely speak for many many many many liberals when I say that we are quite pleased at the possibility of Carson being the nominee.

That is not what they offer. You become a member of the armed forces. That is nothing like a scholarship

When have you ever heard anything from West Point? Do you actually expect us to believe you've ever read any literature or articles published by any military academy?

I love it when bribaby is up against irrefutable facts he is incapable of conceding.

You wouldn't know a fact if it landed on your head.

2. He said they did

3. That's lying.

You repeat one media lie after the other and you call me an idiot? All of your claims have already been shot out of the saddle.

Carson said West Point offered him a scholarship. That is a lie.

Shoot that down.

2. He said they did

3. That's lying.

Selfie Girl is usually too busy on her camera phone to actually read conversations. She can read them or write them, not both

West Point does not make the offers ahead of receiving applications. Carson never applied.

In truth,

the real story here is Carson thinking he's above having to endure the scrutiny that any frontrunner for the nomination, or candidate for the presidency is going to undergo.

He's petulant, whiny, sanctimonious, and pouty. Be a man, Ben.
You have nothing until you have received an appointment to West Point. At that point you can accept the appointment or reject it

Carson never even applied

You bring a special meaning to the word "dumbass."
Really Fingerboy?

What did I say that is in error?

Where did Carson say he received an appointment to West Point?
gvakwHI.png

An excerpt from "Giving Hands". One doesn't receive a scholarship (tho some may call it that)...one receives an appointment. He didn't even apply...there's no record of it.
Even without checking the facts, it sounds bogus

Nobody is offered a "scholarship" or appointment on the spot.
Westmorland would have strongly suggested that he apply and would have offered a recommendation. But he has no authority to offer "scholarships" on the spot

You wouldn't know a fact if it landed on your head.

I know two.

Carson said he was offered a full scholarship to West Point.

Carson was not offered a full scholarship to West Point.

Look, you want to vote for Carson, go right ahead. But don't think he's not a liar like the rest of them.

You have nothing until you have received an appointment to West Point. At that point you can accept the appointment or reject it

Really Fingerboy?

gvakwHI.png

An excerpt from "Giving Hands". One doesn't receive a scholarship (tho some may call it that)...one receives an appointment. He didn't even apply...there's no record of it.

Westmorland would have strongly suggested that he apply and would have offered a recommendation. But he has no authority to offer "scholarships" on the spot

how is the top ROTC in the area "on the spot?"

And you don't know how the process works, Holmes. You have to be nominated to apply. Clearly Westmoreland could nominate him and he could commit to doing that "on the spot"

Really Fingerboy?

gvakwHI.png

I wonder if Carson even read his autobiography?

Look, you want to vote for Carson, go right ahead. But don't think he's not a liar like the rest of them.

I'll think whatever I want to think, and this little episode dissuaded no one from voting for Carson. In fact, it may have brought more support to his campaign. Americans don't like scumbags who smear innocent people.

bribaby is supporting Trump, who has called Carson a liar on this.

So just to be clear, you can't say attacks on anyone are ridiculous unless you are going to "vote for" them. That's your standard. Facts are irrelevant to you, only whether you are going to vote for them or not.

Actually, your admission of that means you're one of the few honest Kommunist Klowns in the Kar

there's a little more than Semantics here, guy.

Carson said Westmoreland offered him a scholarship to West Point.

A lot of problems.

1) Westmoreland wasn't where Carson said he was on the dates in question.
2) You don't get scholarships to West Point, you get Appointments.
3) There's no record of West Point every looking at Carson as a potential candidate.

Now, yeah, maybe he met Westmoreland on another date and maybe they discussed him applying to the academy and he embellished the story or misremembered details.

But given Carson's other prevarications, I'm not inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt and neither should you.

I'll think whatever I want to think, and this little episode dissuaded no one from voting for Carson. In fact, it may have brought more support to his campaign. Americans don't like scumbags who smear innocent people.

Now you're calling Trump a scumbag?

Really Fingerboy?

gvakwHI.png

I wonder if Carson even read his autobiography?

You mean you think it was ghost written like that $8 million pile of manure Hillary published?

Selfie Girl is usually too busy on her camera phone to actually read conversations. She can read them or write them, not both
Yes...attack the messenger. That's not surprising.

there's a little more than Semantics here, guy.

Carson said Westmoreland offered him a scholarship to West Point.

A lot of problems.

1) Westmoreland wasn't where Carson said he was on the dates in question.
2) You don't get scholarships to West Point, you get Appointments.
3) There's no record of West Point every looking at Carson as a potential candidate.

Now, yeah, maybe he met Westmoreland on another date and maybe they discussed him applying to the academy and he embellished the story or misremembered details.

But given Carson's other prevarications, I'm not inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt and neither should you.

All your issues have been addressed, moron.

Forum List

Back