šŸŒŸ Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! šŸŒŸ

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

Politico: Carson lied about admission to West Point.

No one has claimed that he applied. Go take your Thorazine.
Liar.

No, Ben Carson Didnā€™t Actually Get A West Point Scholarship [UPDATED]
Former neurosurgeon and presidential candidate didnā€™t actually get a full scholarship to West Point as he said in his autobiography Gifted Hands, the campaign admitted to Politico on Friday.

Lets try this again. This is from Ben Carson's book.

CTJXKsdWIAQRnpU.png

He says he met with Westmoreland on Memorial Day. That is a lie. The general was out playing tennis.

general.jpg

Editorā€™s note: POLITICO stands by its reporting on this story, which has been updated to reflect Ben Carsonā€™s on the record response. The original story and headline said that Carsonā€™s campaign had admitted he"fabricated" a "full scholarship" from West Point, but now Carson denies that his campaignā€™s statement constituted such an admission, and the story and headline were changed to reflect that. POLITICOā€™s reporting established that Carson said he received a "full scholarship" from West Point, in writing and in public appearances over the years ā€” but in fact he did not and there is actually no such thing as a "full scholarship" to the taxpayer-funded academy. And today in response to POLITICO he acknowledged for the first time that was not the case. Carson never explicitly wrote that he had applied for admission to West Point, although that was the clear implication of his claim to have received an offer of a "full scholarship," a point that POLITICOā€™s initial report should have made clear.

Read more: Exclusive: Carson claimed West Point 'scholarship' but never applied

Correct.

And Carson has admitted as much.

Thereā€™s a world of difference between being offered a ā€˜full scholarshipā€™ and an ā€˜informal offer.ā€™

West Point does not make the offers ahead of receiving applications. Carson never applied.

In truth,

the real story here is Carson thinking he's above having to endure the scrutiny that any frontrunner for the nomination, or candidate for the presidency is going to undergo.

He's petulant, whiny, sanctimonious, and pouty. Be a man, Ben.
You have nothing until you have received an appointment to West Point. At that point you can accept the appointment or reject it

Carson never even applied

You bring a special meaning to the word "dumbass."
Really Fingerboy?

What did I say that is in error?

Where did Carson say he received an appointment to West Point?
gvakwHI.png

An excerpt from "Giving Hands". One doesn't receive a scholarship (tho some may call it that)...one receives an appointment. He didn't even apply...there's no record of it.

Why can't you understand that simple fact?
If you were offered entry to West Point it was a scholarship.

Politico Tried To Destroy Ben Carson, But Itā€™s Backfiring In A HUGE Way
Again though his Senior Commander was in touch with West Point and told Dr. Carson he could get in, Dr Carson did not seek admission.

The Politico story is an outright Lie. Dr. Carson as the leading ROTC student in Detroit was told by his Commanders that he could get an Appointment to the Academy. He never said he was admitted or even applied.

The campaign never ā€œadmitted to anything.ā€

He was never offered an 'entry'.

Difference in terminology. That's the best euphemism for a lie I've heard in a long time.

Oh I think I can safely speak for many many many many liberals when I say that we are quite pleased at the possibility of Carson being the nominee.
West Point used the term scholarship back in the day. And I can speak for many many conservatives that we are glad all the left had to throw in the ring after 8 years is a failed candidate with tons of baggage.

1. They never offered him a scholarship.

2. He said they did

3. That's lying.

He said he was offered a scholarship. He didn't say the school of West Point extended a formal offer. If I'm a manager in my company and I promise you a job, does that mean my company made you a formal offer?

Your accusation hinges on semantics, which is proof that it's bullshit.

Why can't you understand that simple fact?
If you were offered entry to West Point it was a scholarship.

Politico Tried To Destroy Ben Carson, But Itā€™s Backfiring In A HUGE Way
Again though his Senior Commander was in touch with West Point and told Dr. Carson he could get in, Dr Carson did not seek admission.

The Politico story is an outright Lie. Dr. Carson as the leading ROTC student in Detroit was told by his Commanders that he could get an Appointment to the Academy. He never said he was admitted or even applied.

The campaign never ā€œadmitted to anything.ā€

He was never offered an 'entry'.

He didn't even meet with Westmoreland on Memorial Day.

Difference in terminology. That's the best euphemism for a lie I've heard in a long time.

Oh I think I can safely speak for many many many many liberals when I say that we are quite pleased at the possibility of Carson being the nominee.
West Point used the term scholarship back in the day. And I can speak for many many conservatives that we are glad all the left had to throw in the ring after 8 years is a failed candidate with tons of baggage.

2. He said they did

3. That's lying.

He said he was offered a scholarship. He didn't say the school of West Point extended a formal offer. If I'm a manager in my company and I promise you a job, does that mean my company made you a formal offer?

What part of "he didn't meet with Westmoreland on Memorial Day" do you not understand? His claim was that he was offered a scholarship when he met with the general on Memorial Day. That never happened.

Ben's own campaign said he fabricated the story, then Ben denied it.

Leftwing turds always think it's "bizarre" whenever someone points out their lies and hypocrisy.

She was quoting Carson word for word, dumbass.

So where did Carson claim he applied at West Point or went to school there?

Holy shit, you are delusional. No one has claimed that he applied. Go take your Thorazine.

Wrong. Politico says Carson claims he applied. How else could he have attended West Point for four years? That's another bullshit Politico accusation.

The contortions by the libs and media are amazing. Turns out he didn't even lie. Now, clinton can lie about emails and its all good.

How can claiming he was offered a scholarship when no scholarship was offered not be a lie?

If I say:

"I was offered a full scholarship to Cornell." (I never was, really)

Am I telling the truth? wtf?

In your exact scenario, no, you aren't telling the truth.

And Carson said

"I was offered a full scholarship to West Point."

But he wasn't.

Therefore you cannot say he was telling the truth.

Carson simply used inaccurate terminology. So what? That hardly justifies this Jihad against him. It's obviously a smear campaign designed to knock him out. The last think Frau Hillary wants is to go against the first true black candidate for President. That deflates her whole "I will be the first woman president" shtick.

He also said he met with the general on Memorial Day. The U.S. Army says he did not. Ben lied.

You mean the same army that said there were WMDs in Iraq? Suddenly now that they are saying what you want, their word is above question?

2. He said they did

3. That's lying.

What part of "he didn't meet with Westmoreland on Memorial Day" do you not understand? His claim was that he was offered a scholarship when he met with the general on Memorial Day. That never happened.

That wasn't the accusation Politico made, dumbass. Whether he ever met Westmoreland is up for debate, not whether he claimed to have been admitted to West Point and attended.

How can claiming he was offered a scholarship when no scholarship was offered not be a lie?

If I say:

"I was offered a full scholarship to Cornell." (I never was, really)

Am I telling the truth? wtf?

And Carson said

But he wasn't.

Carson simply used inaccurate terminology. So what? That hardly justifies this Jihad against him. It's obviously a smear campaign designed to knock him out. The last think Frau Hillary wants is to go against the first true black candidate for President. That deflates her whole "I will be the first woman president" shtick.

He also said he met with the general on Memorial Day. The U.S. Army says he did not. Ben lied.

You mean the same army that said there were WMDs in Iraq? Suddenly now that they are saying what you want, their word is above question?

WTF are you blabbering about? Surely you're not saying they cooked the books and the general's itinerary is a fake. Take it to the conspiracy section, crazy pants.

2. He said they did

3. That's lying.

Nice try but the Service Academies don't offer scholarships....you get appointments and a free ride with a 6 year obligation.

I have never heard West Point use the term scholarship

That is not what they offer. You become a member of the armed forces. That is nothing like a scholarship

2. He said they did

3. That's lying.

Nice try but the Service Academies don't offer scholarships....you get appointments and a free ride with a 6 year obligation.

More quibbling about semantics. Look up "dumbass" in the dictionary and you'll see your picture there.

2. He said they did

3. That's lying.

That wasn't the accusation Politico made, dumbass. Whether he ever met Westmoreland is up for debate, not whether he claimed to have been admitted to West Point and attended.

It is not up for debate, idiot. Jezus, do I have to spell everything out for you?

Politico said Ben was not offered a scholarship. Ben's own campaign said he fabricated the story. Then Ben denies those claims and says he met with Westmoreland on Memorial Day. Politico contacted the U.S. Army and they fax them over an itinerary that shows the general was not there on Memorial Day.

2. He said they did

3. That's lying.

More quibbling about semantics. Look up "dumbass" in the dictionary and you'll see your picture there.

You're hardly one to call anyone dumbass. You can't even follow the damn thread.

I have never heard West Point use the term scholarship

That is not what they offer. You become a member of the armed forces. That is nothing like a scholarship

When have you ever heard anything from West Point? Do you actually expect us to believe you've ever read any literature or articles published by any military academy?

Are all left-wingers lying hosebags like you and Politico?

No need to answer. The question is purely rhetorical.

2. He said they did

3. That's lying.

It said no such thing. That's another Praetorian media lie.

And Carson said

But he wasn't.

WTF are you blabbering about? Surely you're not saying they cooked the books and the general's itinerary is a fake. Take it to the conspiracy section, crazy pants.

That has nothing to do with what I said

2. He said they did

3. That's lying.

You're hardly one to call anyone dumbass. You can't even follow the damn thread.

Says the dumb bitch who jumps in at the last minute solely so she can demonstrate her ignorance.

Forum List

Back