🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Politico: Carson lied about admission to West Point.

What part of "he didn't meet with Westmoreland on Memorial Day" do you not understand? His claim was that he was offered a scholarship when he met with the general on Memorial Day. That never happened.

Ben's own campaign said he fabricated the story, then Ben denied it.

That wasn't the accusation Politico made, dumbass. Whether he ever met Westmoreland is up for debate, not whether he claimed to have been admitted to West Point and attended.

It is not up for debate, idiot. Jezus, do I have to spell everything out for you?

Politico said Ben was not offered a scholarship. Ben's own campaign said he fabricated the story. Then Ben denies those claims and says he met with Westmoreland on Memorial Day. Politico contacted the U.S. Army and they fax them over an itinerary that shows the general was not there on Memorial Day.

You repeat one media lie after the other and you call me an idiot? All of your claims have already been shot out of the saddle.

Selfie Girl is usually too busy on her camera phone to actually read conversations. She can read them or write them, not both
Yes...attack the messenger. That's not surprising.

He's attacking a lying scumbag, not a messenger.

West Point used the term scholarship back in the day. And I can speak for many many conservatives that we are glad all the left had to throw in the ring after 8 years is a failed candidate with tons of baggage.
I have never heard West Point use the term scholarship

That is not what they offer. You become a member of the armed forces. That is nothing like a scholarship

When have you ever heard anything from West Point? Do you actually expect us to believe you've ever read any literature or articles published by any military academy?

Are all left-wingers lying hosebags like you and Politico?

No need to answer. The question is purely rhetorical.

I love it when bribaby is up against irrefutable facts he is incapable of conceding.

You wouldn't know a fact if it landed on your head.

I know two.

Carson said he was offered a full scholarship to West Point.

Carson was not offered a full scholarship to West Point.
Not specifically defending Carson but it is well know that our memories of events can change influenced by unconscious desires and even with other memories (created or real) imposed upon specific recalls. Just some food for thought.

Memory Recall/Retrieval - Memory Processes - The Human Memory

It is also possible that false memories (or at least wrongly interpreted memories) may be created during recall, and carried forward thereafter. Research into false memory creation is particularly associated with Elizabeth Loftus' work in the 1970s. Among many other experiments in this area (see the side panel on the Psychogenic Amnesia page, for example), she showed how the precise wording of a question about memories (e.g. "the car hit" or "the car smashed into") can dramatically influence the recall and re-creation of memories, and can even permanently change those memories for future recalls - a phenomenon which is not lost on the legal profession. It is thought that it may even be possible, up to a point, to choose to forget, by blocking out unwanted memories during recall, a process achieved by frontal lobe activity, which inhibits the laying down or re-consolidation of a memory.

West Point used the term scholarship back in the day. And I can speak for many many conservatives that we are glad all the left had to throw in the ring after 8 years is a failed candidate with tons of baggage.

That is not what they offer. You become a member of the armed forces. That is nothing like a scholarship

When have you ever heard anything from West Point? Do you actually expect us to believe you've ever read any literature or articles published by any military academy?

Look, you want to vote for Carson, go right ahead. But don't think he's not a liar like the rest of them.

I'll think whatever I want to think, and this little episode dissuaded no one from voting for Carson. In fact, it may have brought more support to his campaign. Americans don't like scumbags who smear innocent people.
Now you're calling Trump a scumbag?

Who did Trump smear?

Carson turned down the West Point gig because he found their dormitory facilities, inside the Pyramids,

a bit too cramped.

Plus they smelled like an old silo.

Look, you want to vote for Carson, go right ahead. But don't think he's not a liar like the rest of them.

I'll think whatever I want to think, and this little episode dissuaded no one from voting for Carson. In fact, it may have brought more support to his campaign. Americans don't like scumbags who smear innocent people.

Who did Trump smear?

Jesus pay attention. Trump calls Carson a liar in this. I posted the tweet dumbass.

I love it when bribaby is up against irrefutable facts he is incapable of conceding.

I know two.

Not specifically defending Carson but it is well know that our memories of events can change influenced by unconscious desires and even with other memories (created or real) imposed upon specific recalls. Just some food for thought.

It is also possible that false memories (or at least wrongly interpreted memories) may be created during recall, and carried forward thereafter. Research into false memory creation is particularly associated with Elizabeth Loftus' work in the 1970s. Among many other experiments in this area (see the side panel on the Psychogenic Amnesia page, for example), she showed how the precise wording of a question about memories (e.g. "the car hit" or "the car smashed into") can dramatically influence the recall and re-creation of memories, and can even permanently change those memories for future recalls - a phenomenon which is not lost on the legal profession. It is thought that it may even be possible, up to a point, to choose to forget, by blocking out unwanted memories during recall, a process achieved by frontal lobe activity, which inhibits the laying down or re-consolidation of a memory.

Sounds like he remembers the details of that day very well. Even the little details.

CTJXKsdWIAQRnpU.png

Who did Trump smear?

Jesus pay attention. Trump calls Carson a liar in this. I posted the tweet dumbass.

Trump responded to what had been reported before all the facts were out.

Really Fingerboy?

What did I say that is in error?

Where did Carson say he received an appointment to West Point?
gvakwHI.png

An excerpt from "Giving Hands". One doesn't receive a scholarship (tho some may call it that)...one receives an appointment. He didn't even apply...there's no record of it.
Even without checking the facts, it sounds bogus

Nobody is offered a "scholarship" or appointment on the spot.
Westmorland would have strongly suggested that he apply and would have offered a recommendation. But he has no authority to offer "scholarships" on the spot

I wonder if Carson even read his autobiography?

You mean you think it was ghost written like that $8 million pile of manure Hillary published?
Yes, deflect to Hillary now. That too isn't surprising.

Difference in terminology. That's the best euphemism for a lie I've heard in a long time.

Oh I think I can safely speak for many many many many liberals when I say that we are quite pleased at the possibility of Carson being the nominee.

I grew up seven miles from the West Point gate

Five of my high school friends were admitted and I would often visit them on weekends. I know what they went through when they applied and what it was like as a cadet

I know two.

Sounds like he remembers the details of that day very well. Even the little details.

CTJXKsdWIAQRnpU.png
Her remembers them well based on what, the fact that they're written down? Hillary sure remembered that time she her helicopter was shot at while it was landing in Bosnia. She repeated that story over and over again.

Difference in terminology. That's the best euphemism for a lie I've heard in a long time.

Oh I think I can safely speak for many many many many liberals when I say that we are quite pleased at the possibility of Carson being the nominee.

Five of my high school friends were admitted and I would often visit them on weekends. I know what they went through when they applied and what it was like as a cadet

That's an interesting anecdote, but the fact remains Carson never claimed he applied to West Point or was admitted. I have plenty of friends who went to the Airforce Academy. I know exactly how the procedure works.

I know two.

CTJXKsdWIAQRnpU.png
Sounds like and is are two specifically different things. Notice I didn't say it was a false memory, I said it's a possibility. Different people will believe whichever based on their personal bias, I don't know which is true so knowing the nature of how memory works I tend to take a neutral stance in situations like this.

You bring a special meaning to the word "dumbass."
Really Fingerboy?

What did I say that is in error?

gvakwHI.png

An excerpt from "Giving Hands". One doesn't receive a scholarship (tho some may call it that)...one receives an appointment. He didn't even apply...there's no record of it.

Westmorland would have strongly suggested that he apply and would have offered a recommendation. But he has no authority to offer "scholarships" on the spot

how is the top ROTC in the area "on the spot?"

And you don't know how the process works, Holmes. You have to be nominated to apply. Clearly Westmoreland could nominate him and he could commit to doing that "on the spot"

A general cannot nominate someone to West Point

Nominations and Admissions

What part of "he didn't meet with Westmoreland on Memorial Day" do you not understand? His claim was that he was offered a scholarship when he met with the general on Memorial Day. That never happened.

Ben's own campaign said he fabricated the story, then Ben denied it.

That wasn't the accusation Politico made, dumbass. Whether he ever met Westmoreland is up for debate, not whether he claimed to have been admitted to West Point and attended.

It is not up for debate, idiot. Jezus, do I have to spell everything out for you?

Politico said Ben was not offered a scholarship. Ben's own campaign said he fabricated the story. Then Ben denies those claims and says he met with Westmoreland on Memorial Day. Politico contacted the U.S. Army and they fax them over an itinerary that shows the general was not there on Memorial Day.

You repeat one media lie after the other and you call me an idiot? All of your claims have already been shot out of the saddle.

Selfie Girl is usually too busy on her camera phone to actually read conversations. She can read them or write them, not both
Yes...attack the messenger. That's not surprising.

Whatever that means

That's an interesting anecdote, but the fact remains Carson never claimed he applied to West Point or was admitted. I have plenty of friends who went to the Airforce Academy. I know exactly how the procedure works.
Worse...Carson claimed he was offered a scholarship
which was a lie

gvakwHI.png

You mean you think it was ghost written like that $8 million pile of manure Hillary published?
It wasn't a deflection, it was in response to my posting of how memories can potentially be false and yet be fully believed by the individual retrieving those memories.

gvakwHI.png

Hillary makes a good yardstick by which to judge hypocritical liberal attacks on someone's honesty.

Ben's own campaign said he fabricated the story...
Can you support that?

That's how the story was reported. His campaign admitted there was no scholarship offer. Politico only updated the story to reflect Ben's denials, however, it's kind of hard to get around the fact that the general never met with Ben on Memorial Day, as stated in his book.

And now in other news...

Apparently Ben is having a hard time keeping track of his lies, because he's a chronic liar.

Mr. Carson also pledged not to let claims about him go unchecked. “What you are not going to find with me is somebody who is just going to sit back and let you be completely unfair without letting the American people know what’s going on,” he said.

Yet just a couple of hours after the news conference, another report, in The Wall Street Journal, challenged events Mr. Carson has recounted.

One of them, recalled in “Gifted Hands,” involved a psychology class he said he had attended at Yale University, called Perceptions 301. Mr. Carson described the professor’s conducting an honesty experiment on the class and wrote that he was the only one who passed, prompting The Yale Daily News to take his picture.

But no photo identifying Mr. Carson as a student appeared in the newspaper’s archives, The Journal reported, and a Yale librarian told the newspaper that there was no psychology course by that name or class number during Mr. Carson’s years at Yale.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/11/06/ben-carson-west-point/

That isn't what his campaign said. He met Westmoreland at a banquet...

Ben Carson Pushes Back On Questions About His West Point Story
The campaign said Carson was the top ROTC student in Detroit in 1969 and was invited to a banquet, where, he wrote in his book, he met with Gen. William Westmoreland, who had commanded U.S. forces in Vietnam and other military officials.

"[A]ccording to records of Westmoreland's schedule that were provided by the U.S. Army, the general did not visit Detroit around Memorial Day in 1969 or have dinner with Carson. In fact, the general's records suggest he was in Washington that day and played tennis at 6:45 p.m. There are, however, several reports of an event in February of that year, similar to the one Carson described."

His book says he met with the general on Memorial Day. That NEVER happened.

Forum List

Back