Politifact: Claim that Biden's Keystone pipeline order drove gas prices up is rated "FALSE""

during the obama years, we suffered gas prices that were repressive, as were his policies

I paid up to $5 a gallon, for seven years.

That is a fact

US gasoline is still a bargain.. Gas prices have not kept up with healthcare, housing, education costs or the price of automobiles. You want to blame a president? Fine, but NO president controls oil prices.

If the Motor City Madman said it - It was false. Take that to the bank!

1630699109223.png

US gasoline is still a bargain.. Gas prices have not kept up with healthcare, housing, education costs or the price of automobiles. You want to blame a president? Fine, but NO president controls oil prices.
Todays price, adds an extra $400 of expense to my household throughout the rest of this year. How is that a bargain? Paying more than last year is a bargain?

I blame all the Democrats, and especially the leader of the Democrat party, which is the President.

Todays price, adds an extra $400 of expense to my household throughout the rest of this year. How is that a bargain? Paying more than last year is a bargain?

I blame all the Democrats, and especially the leader of the Democrat party, which is the President.

Well, Elektra, you don't know jack shit about the oil business

A bargain? Rising gas prices are a bargain? Compared to healthcare that is not a bargain because of democrat policies. Rising gas prices are bargain compared to the policies enacted by democrats that are driving housing costs higher. Rising gas prices are a bargain compared to the Democrat controlled education costs that makes it impossible to afford the best schools for average americans. Rising gas prices are a bargain compared to the continually rising cost of automobiles as a direct result of Democrats rules and regulations.

No president controls the party they lead? Taxes, rules, and regulations have no effect on price? A presidents policy controls nothing.

Pure ignorance, if not outright stupidity, is your OPINION surada.

Production took off under Obama.. our rig count was higher than the previous 44 years. The reason for that is the ppb was high so companies invested in rigs, exploration and drilling.

US Oil Production under Bush, Obama, and Trump - Insights ...
Oct 27, 2017 · Ironically, he presided over rising oil production in his first 7 years in office (from 2009 to 2016), an increase from 4.9 million bpd, when he took office, to 9.4 million bpd. President Obama

Production took off under Obama.. our rig count was higher than the previous 44 years.

Obama wanted to reduce US oil production.

The lies and ignorance of the left costs americans billions of dollars if not trillions. Always claiming that politicians do not effect the price of oil. Trump kept gas prices low for 4 years. That is a fact that is indisputable. Gas prices under obama were extreme for 7 years. Technology and advances were able to sidestep Obama's oppressive rules and regulations the last year he was in office resulting in lower gas prices.

For years the Democrats have stopped domestic drilling, the democrats oppose new refineries, the democrats oppose anything that will put more money into ordinary americans lives. Why? Because if we were well off we would not politicians to fix things.

The politicians keep a boot on our necks while the media cheerleads that the politicians will help. That help never comes.

I see there is at least one coward out there, thanks for the attention, moron.

Do you understand that gasoline hasn't kept up with healthcare, education, housing, automobiles and groceries? Presidents don't control the oil business or the price of gasoline.

The lies and ignorance of the left costs americans billions of dollars if not trillions. Always claiming that politicians do not effect the price of oil. Trump kept gas prices low for 4 years. That is a fact that is indisputable. Gas prices under obama were extreme for 7 years. Technology and advances were able to sidestep Obama's oppressive rules and regulations the last year he was in office resulting in lower gas prices.

For years the Democrats have stopped domestic drilling, the democrats oppose new refineries, the democrats oppose anything that will put more money into ordinary americans lives. Why? Because if we were well off we would not politicians to fix things.

The politicians keep a boot on our necks while the media cheerleads that the politicians will help. That help never comes.

I see there is at least one coward out there, thanks for the attention, moron.

Damn you're ignorant.

Exactly!

We can't drill our way to lower gas prices, right?

Sure we COULD temporarily decrease US gas prices by more drilling, but all that does is make the US run out of oil faster, when the price is low.
Then later after we run out, then we will have to buy even more imports, when the price of oil is even higher.
It is not very smart to use up all your domestic resources when the price is low.
We should not be touching any domestic oil, and only be importing oil, now that the price is so low.
The US has lots of coal, but very little oil compared to the rest of the world.
We will run out quickly.
We should be saving it for when the price will be through the roof, in about 15 years.
{...
RegionFossil fuel reserve (giga tonnes of oil ...Fossil fuel reserve (giga tonnes of oil ...Fossil fuel reserve (giga tonnes of oil ...Fossil fuel reserve (%)
OilCoalGasGas
North America817070.75
South America151360.64
Europe24050.54
..}

And yes, the government does control the price of oil in the US, through its control of things like oil leases, pipelines, export restrictions, tax exemptions for prospecting, etc.

Sure we COULD temporarily decrease US gas prices by more drilling, but all that does is make the US run out of oil faster, when the price is low.
Then later after we run out, then we will have to buy even more imports, when the price of oil is even higher.
It is not very smart to use up all your domestic resources when the price is low.
We should not be touching any domestic oil, and only be importing oil, now that the price is so low.
The US has lots of coal, but very little oil compared to the rest of the world.
We will run out quickly.
We should be saving it for when the price will be through the roof, in about 15 years.
{...
RegionFossil fuel reserve (giga tonnes of oil ...Fossil fuel reserve (giga tonnes of oil ...Fossil fuel reserve (giga tonnes of oil ...Fossil fuel reserve (%)
OilCoalGasGas
North America817070.75
South America151360.64
Europe24050.54
..}

And yes, the government does control the price of oil in the US, through its control of things like oil leases, pipelines, export restrictions, tax exemptions for prospecting, etc.

Sure we COULD temporarily decrease US gas prices by more drilling,

Don't tell Obama......or Granholm.

$81 a barrel is low?

Sure we COULD temporarily decrease US gas prices by more drilling,

Don't tell Obama......or Granholm.

$81 a barrel is low?
crude-oil-price-history-chart-2021-11-07-macrotrends (1).png

Compared to $180/barrel in 2008 and the $300/barrel it will be in 10 years, then $81/barrel is VERY LOW.

Do you understand that gasoline hasn't kept up with healthcare, education, housing, automobiles and groceries? Presidents don't control the oil business or the price of gasoline.
Yet gas prices were lower during Trump, groceries were cheaper, there was no supply problem.

Well, obviously you're in the dark.
I know it cost a whole lot more today to buy gas, milk, food, etc. I had more extra money to save etc. when Trump was in office. We didn't leave Americans behind in a foreign country. Trump didn't have a crack smoking son. Trump was never seen fondling young girls. Trump actually knew where he was and what he was saying. Trump never fell asleep at important meetings/summits. Trump didn't have to read from a card and he never picked and chose from a list when having a news conference. Seems to me, YOU are the one in the dark here.

View attachment 561468

Compared to $180/barrel in 2008 and the $300/barrel it will be in 10 years, then $81/barrel is VERY LOW.
Gas prices were $2.30 to $2.80 per gallon during Trump. Today it's well over $4.00 per gallon during Biden.

Forum List

Back