PolitiFact Rules 100% Real Photo Of Joe Biden With Former KKK Leader Robert Byrd As ‘Mostly False’

Was Byrd a KKK leader when the picture was taken? No he was not. If the caption said he was a then former and apologetic local leader of a Klan chapter then it would have been accurate.
and you can say the same about David Duke he also left the Klan but he is still rightfully condemned

Please list all the efforts David Duke has made to show his current goals are any different than they were when he was a KKK member. Such a list for Byrd is long, yet I can find nothing that might be on Duke's list.
Do the same for Byrd.

NAACP Praises Byrd
In the end, the political legacy of Robert Byrd went from admitting his former membership in the Ku Klux Klan to winning the accolades of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP).

For the 2003–2004 session of Congress, Byrd was one of only 16 Senators rated by the NAACP as being 100% in line with the group’s position on critical legislation.

In June 2005, Byrd sponsored a successful bill dedicating an additional $10,000,000 in federal funding for the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial in Washington, D.C., remarking that “With the passage of time, we have come to learn that his Dream was the American Dream, and few ever expressed it more eloquently.”

When Byrd died at age 92 on June 28, 2010, the NAACP released a statement saying that over the course of his life he “became a champion for civil rights and liberties” and “came to consistently support the NAACP civil rights agenda.”
so he resolved all of his hate in one speech. goes to show who the NAACP really are!! maybe they belong to the kkk eh? I'm thinking it must be. I know of no black man who would forgive a kkk'r. just saying.

Bill Clinton: married once but cheated on Hillary 200 times! That vile scum!
Tramp was married 3 times and cheated on all three while bragging to the media as John Baron about his thousands of affairs, and then the same Values Voters of the Moral Majority have to ask what vile things Tramp has done!!!!!
You know, he's allowed to do that. That is how he found the love of his life Melania and it sure beats the vile things Clinton did having sex with girls in Arkansas, partying on Orgy Island, and raping and assaulting numerous women which drove some to suicide! Just when was the last time the Vile Clintons even slept in the same bed together? I've never even seen a picture of them in a passionate embrace. Do they ever kiss? Or does Hillary wonder where that mouth of his has been? You know, if Hillary wasn't such a bad lay, maybe she could keep a man.
and the irony is that slick willie is his hero. can't make it up.

Why is every right wing thread based on a misrepresentation, or a blatant lie? That picture was taken decades after Byrd had disavowed the KKK and was working diligently for civil rights. You know the NAACP issued a statement of regret on his passing, don't you?
so did Davis Duke he had left and disavowed the Klan decades ago but he continued to be condemned and rightfully so
again, the hypocrisy of the left continues.

That's why they're small.

Was Byrd a KKK leader when the picture was taken? No he was not. If the caption said he was a then former and apologetic local leader of a Klan chapter then it would have been accurate.
and you can say the same about David Duke he also left the Klan but he is still rightfully condemned

Please list all the efforts David Duke has made to show his current goals are any different than they were when he was a KKK member. Such a list for Byrd is long, yet I can find nothing that might be on Duke's list.
Do the same for Byrd.

NAACP Praises Byrd
In the end, the political legacy of Robert Byrd went from admitting his former membership in the Ku Klux Klan to winning the accolades of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP).

For the 2003–2004 session of Congress, Byrd was one of only 16 Senators rated by the NAACP as being 100% in line with the group’s position on critical legislation.

In June 2005, Byrd sponsored a successful bill dedicating an additional $10,000,000 in federal funding for the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial in Washington, D.C., remarking that “With the passage of time, we have come to learn that his Dream was the American Dream, and few ever expressed it more eloquently.”

When Byrd died at age 92 on June 28, 2010, the NAACP released a statement saying that over the course of his life he “became a champion for civil rights and liberties” and “came to consistently support the NAACP civil rights agenda.”
the NAACP and Rev Sharpton also praised Trump so good to know you don't think Trump is a racist

And if Trump would have done nothing more since that time, he would still have a good rating with them. Unfortunately, Trump has done lots to destroy that good rating. Trump and Robert Byrd are two examples of how a change in behavior can cause a change in acceptance.

ButHillaryButHillarButHillaryButHillaryButHillarButHillaryButHillaryButHillarButHillaryButHillaryButHillarButHillaryButHillaryButHillarButHillaryButHillaryButHillarButHillaryButHillaryButHillarButHillaryButHillaryButHillarButHillaryButHillaryButHillarButHillaryButHillaryButHillarButHillaryButHillaryButHillarButHillaryButHillaryButHillarButHillaryButHillaryButHillarButHillaryButHillaryButHillarButHillary
"BUT HILLARY" posts go here.

Still waiting for you to name one "vile" thing Trump has ever done much less needs to atone for! Go ahead. Entertain us.

Too many to list, but one recent one is kicking sick kids out of the country to die.
According to turds like you, this is a horrible country, so they should be happy to go back to where things are better.

Another view from your skewed version of reality? It's kinda odd that you make up so many things, but hilarious that you actually start believing them.
explain that response?

It is absolutely absurd for you to say I believe this is a horrible country, yet you seem to have convinced yourself that that is the case.

Do the same for Byrd.

NAACP Praises Byrd

so he resolved all of his hate in one speech. goes to show who the NAACP really are!! maybe they belong to the kkk eh? I'm thinking it must be. I know of no black man who would forgive a kkk'r. just saying.

And you don't even realize how goofy that statement is. I doubt that you know many black men.

What "vile actions" are those? It's pathetic watching you idiots suck up to a former grand dragon of the KKK.

I'm sure somebody somewhere cares what you might think, but I have no idea who that might be.
cause we now know you and your leftist friends in here are all still members of the kkk. It's as obvious as the lines on my face. yep, EXPOSED!!! And I don't care what you think!! I now know!!
The ignorance displayed by you and Tweedledum_dum is astounding. Neither party is KKK. White nationalists on the other hand...you are not one of those are you?
I’m a white guy who loves his country! You like naming people cause you yourself are kkk

These people claim to love their country too.
375x250.jpg
They aren’t me, which one in the photo is you?

Do the same for Byrd.

NAACP Praises Byrd

And you don't even realize how goofy that statement is. I doubt that you know many black men.
Can’t make up your kind of hate dude, you small man

Do the same for Byrd.

NAACP Praises Byrd

the NAACP and Rev Sharpton also praised Trump so good to know you don't think Trump is a racist

And if Trump would have done nothing more since that time, he would still have a good rating with them. Unfortunately, Trump has done lots to destroy that good rating. Trump and Robert Byrd are two examples of how a change in behavior can cause a change in acceptance.
Sad indeed your hate and TDS

I'm sure somebody somewhere cares what you might think, but I have no idea who that might be.
cause we now know you and your leftist friends in here are all still members of the kkk. It's as obvious as the lines on my face. yep, EXPOSED!!! And I don't care what you think!! I now know!!
The ignorance displayed by you and Tweedledum_dum is astounding. Neither party is KKK. White nationalists on the other hand...you are not one of those are you?
I’m a white guy who loves his country! You like naming people cause you yourself are kkk

These people claim to love their country too.
375x250.jpg
They aren’t me, which one in the photo is you?

Yet they are proud to embrace the president's goals just as you are.

Do the same for Byrd.

NAACP Praises Byrd

Another example of crazy stuff you convinced yourself of.

Do the same for Byrd.

NAACP Praises Byrd

You keep telling yourself that Bozo.

Remember when Trumpers were all giddy about Joe Manchin and wanted him to switch parties because of how awesome they thought he was?? Maybe him posing with a former KKK leader is what made them so moist about him

View attachment 277651

Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin endorses GOP Sen. Susan Collins for 2020
He’s demofk no matter how you try
Deflection noted.
Facts dude . You should try it

Do the same for Byrd.

NAACP Praises Byrd

The only thing he did is become a Republican.

Do the same for Byrd.

NAACP Praises Byrd

You keep telling yourself that Bozo.
I will you sad fk

Do the same for Byrd.

NAACP Praises Byrd

Another example of crazy stuff you convinced yourself of.
Says TDS man

Do the same for Byrd.

NAACP Praises Byrd

The only thing he did is become a Republican.

Thank you for making my point.

Forum List

Back