(POLL) Do YOU believe the cop murdered Brown?

Do you "believe" the cop is guilty of murder?

• Total voters
I can't say at this point, GMU, but what I can say if he did it would be a rare isolated event, not symbolic of some widespread injustice perpetrated against blacks in this country, like many would want you to believe.

Voted no because I'm a student of history.

For this instance I consulted with the Sharpton Barometer in order to make my decision. The barometer in the past has always shown Al's version of major events he inserts himself into to be nothing more than another sack of racist bullshit that the ignorant slobs swallow wholeheartedly.

From what has been released so far I dont think murder.

Sad, but not murder.

Murder is a legal term for an unlawful killing. According to Missouri law everything the officer claims to have done results in a justified shooting and killing, ergo, not murder.

Should have been killed? ...Yes, yes he should. You assault a cop you should be strapped to a table and skinned alive slowly with a dull carrot peeler.

To be honest even if they had video of a cop killing brown, he would not get convicted of murder.
All you have to do is see the oscar grant case that shows video of the cop killing grant

The Force runs strong in my family. My grandfather was a cop, some second cousins are cops, and an ancestor was Pat Garett (supposedly shot Billy the Kid, seems to be some question about that though.)

Murder is a legal term for an unlawful killing. According to Missouri law everything the officer claims to have done results in a justified shooting and killing, ergo, not murder.

Should have been killed? ...Yes, yes he should. You assault a cop you should be strapped to a table and skinned alive slowly with a dull carrot peeler.

Where are you getting your information from? No facts about that have come out.

Where are you getting your information from? No facts about that have come out.

Can read a lawbook.

From another thread, had presence of mind to save the post. :)

Missouri Revised Statutes
Chapter 563
Defense of Justification

August 28, 2013
CHAPTER 563

Law enforcement officer's use of force in making an arrest.

563.046. 1. A law enforcement officer need not retreat or desist from efforts to effect the arrest, or from efforts to prevent the escape from custody, of a person he reasonably believes to have committed an offense because of resistance or threatened resistance of the arrestee. In addition to the use of physical force authorized under other sections of this chapter, he is, subject to the provisions of subsections 2 and 3, justified in the use of such physical force as he reasonably believes is immediately necessary to effect the arrest or to prevent the escape from custody.

2. The use of any physical force in making an arrest is not justified under this section unless the arrest is lawful or the law enforcement officer reasonably believes the arrest is lawful.

3. A law enforcement officer in effecting an arrest or in preventing an escape from custody is justified in using deadly force only

(1) When such is authorized under other sections of this chapter; or

(2) When he reasonably believes that such use of deadly force is immediately necessary to effect the arrest and also reasonably believes that the person to be arrested

(a) Has committed or attempted to commit a felony; or

(b) Is attempting to escape by use of a deadly weapon; or

(c) May otherwise endanger life or inflict serious physical injury unless arrested without delay.

4. The defendant shall have the burden of injecting the issue of justification under this section.

Once Mr. Brown assaulted the police officer, the felony was commited, assault on a police officer. From that moment onwards, lethal force was authorized.

Doesn't matter he wasn't armed, or was in retreat.

The felony aspect Mr. Brown would be guilty of is probably this (rushing at the officer, and/or slamming the door on him as he tried getting out, or physically wrestling with the officer or going for his weapon.)

Section 565-082 Assault of a law enforcement officer

(6) Purposely or recklessly places a law enforcement officer, corrections officer, emergency personnel, highway worker in a construction zone or work zone, utility worker, cable worker, or probation and parole officer in apprehension of immediate serious physical injury; or

7. Assault of a law enforcement officer, corrections officer, emergency personnel, highway worker in a construction zone or work zone, utility worker, cable worker, or probation and parole officer in the second degree is a class B felony unless committed pursuant to subdivision (2), (5), (6), or (7) of subsection 1 of this section in which case it is a class C felony. For any violation of subdivision (1), (3), or (4) of subsection 1 of this section, the defendant must serve mandatory jail time as part of his or her sentence.

From what has been released so far I dont think murder.

Sad, but not murder.

A large area in between "Brown should have been skinned alive", and "Brown was murdered." Such as error, 3rd party actions, manslaughter, excessive force, involuntary manslaughter. etc. Also, state laws are termed Codes, or Statutes. Laws are interrpreted by COURTS that hand down case law.

Last edited:
I can't say at this point, GMU, but what I can say if he did it would be a rare isolated event, not symbolic of some widespread injustice perpetrated against blacks in this country, like many would want you to believe.

I'm just the opposite. The evidence indicates that the cop was justified in this shooting. BUT the police in general are violent and corrupt, with little restraint. Though violent crime is down 40% since the 60's - police shooting people has increased exponentially. I see the police as just one more violent street gang.

The only known facts so far are:

Brown is dead
The cop shot him
He was shot in the front, not the back

I answered "I don't know" because right now emotion is ruling over analytic thought.

Forum List

Back