(POLL) Do YOU believe the cop murdered Brown?

Do you "believe" the cop is guilty of murder?

• Total voters
Only a small minority of cops are genuinely corrupt. The other are forced by law to take occasional short cuts.

A small minority of 99%?

It is hard to respond not seeing the context of the 99% you refer to.

But I do think that cops from time to time have to take 'shortcuts' to make their case. IT doesn't change the result or make the case unjust, but it might be technically not by the book.

For an example, crime scene photos of bullet casing positions might get accidently knocked astray and the cop has to use his best udgement to replace the casing where it would have been for the photo that kind of thing.

TV shows like 'Criminal Minds' and 'CSI' are fantasy, really. The real world is not so neat and dry.

But I do think that cops from time to time have to take 'shortcuts' to make their case. IT doesn't change the result or make the case unjust, but it might be technically not by the book.

For an example, crime scene photos of bullet casing positions might get accidently knocked astray and the cop has to use his best udgement to replace the casing where it would have been for the photo that kind of thing.

TV shows like 'Criminal Minds' and 'CSI' are fantasy, really. The real world is not so neat and dry.

The nation was shocked when it was discovered that the Los Angles Police in the Rampart division were working directly for the Crips. That the police carried out murder for hire through the official dispatch channels startled many people.

It didn't startle me. My drug dealing ex-brother in law was a cop. His brother a Sheriff. Those two were the most vicious criminals I ever encountered. They went into police work because that's where criminals go to work.

The line between the police and the street criminals isn't blurred in my experience, it simply doesn't exist. If you have a fancy car, you're in more danger of being carjacked by a cop than a street thug. They might drop a pot seed on the carpet or put a roach in the ashtray, then stick a gun in your face and take what they want.

The only TV show I've seen that matched my experience was "The Shield."

The nation was shocked when it was discovered that the Los Angles Police in the Rampart division were working directly for the Crips. That the police carried out murder for hire through the official dispatch channels startled many people.

It didn't startle me. My drug dealing ex-brother in law was a cop. His brother a Sheriff. Those two were the most vicious criminals I ever encountered. They went into police work because that's where criminals go to work.

The line between the police and the street criminals isn't blurred in my experience, it simply doesn't exist. If you have a fancy car, you're in more danger of being carjacked by a cop than a street thug. They might drop a pot seed on the carpet or put a roach in the ashtray, then stick a gun in your face and take what they want.

The only TV show I've seen that matched my experience was "The Shield."

I know that crap like that happens, but I do not think it typical of police officers across the country who risk their lives enforcing the law and protecting the public.

I can't vote yet. I'm on my phone, and it's not cooperating.

I'd vote either "no" or "don't know".

I do believe six shots was overkill. The autopsy found that Brown could have survived the first five shots. The sixth was fatal. I find it hard to believe that Brown was still a threat after being shot five times.

No. The cop defended himself from a muderous thug

I can't vote yet. I'm on my phone, and it's not cooperating.

I'd vote either "no" or "don't know".

I do believe six shots was overkill. The autopsy found that Brown could have survived the first five shots. The sixth was fatal. I find it hard to believe that Brown was still a threat after being shot five times.

In Kung Fu. we were taught to continue an attack until the opponent was down and no longer resisting. The same holds true with cops - once they are in a position where they have to shoot - they are trained to empty their magazine.

In Kung Fu. we were taught to continue an attack until the opponent was down and no longer resisting. The same holds true with cops - once they are in a position where they have to shoot - they are trained to empty their magazine.

I could be wrong, but I doubt he was much of a threat after the fifth shot. I'm certainly not faulting the officer. The adrenaline most likely took over. It's still an unfortunate situation where both men could have walked away alive.

no,

seems it was self defense, since he had a broken orbital

Seems you you're spreading lies.

wilson didn't have a broken orbital or a fractured orbital.

It's a lie and it's been reported as a lie as far back as last Friday.

Darren Wilson did not suffer 'orbital blowout fracture' - Las Vegas Crime | Examiner.com

The person also claims that wilson was beaten nearly to death or unconscious. Which is a lie too.

If that was true then how did wilson jump out of his car, run after Brown and shoot him. If he was near death or near unconscious he wouldn't have been able to do those things. He also would have need immediate medical help but wilson hung around the crime scene walking back and forth with no obvious signs of any injuries.

Finally, the chief of police said wilson had swelling on his face. That's it.

Before you buy into any of the lies you're getting from the right wing, it might be a very good idea to do some fact checking for yourself.

I could be wrong, but I doubt he was much of a threat after the fifth shot. I'm certainly not faulting the officer. The adrenaline most likely took over. It's still an unfortunate situation where both men could have walked away alive.

What you thought is irrelevant; once deadly force was deemed needed, the cop was trained to keep firing.

Cops don't shoot to wound or wing, if a cop shoots, you will die.

What you thought is irrelevant; once deadly force was deemed needed, the cop was trained to keep firing.

Cops don't shoot to wound or wing, if a cop shoots, you will die.

Show me where standard police procedure is to unload into an unarmed man.

no,

seems it was self defense, since he had a broken orbital

Seems you you're spreading lies.

wilson didn't have a broken orbital or a fractured orbital.

It's a lie and it's been reported as a lie as far back as last Friday.

Darren Wilson did not suffer 'orbital blowout fracture' - Las Vegas Crime | Examiner.com

The person also claims that wilson was beaten nearly to death or unconscious. Which is a lie too.

If that was true then how did wilson jump out of his car, run after Brown and shoot him. If he was near death or near unconscious he wouldn't have been able to do those things. He also would have need immediate medical help but wilson hung around the crime scene walking back and forth with no obvious signs of any injuries.

Finally, the chief of police said wilson had swelling on his face. That's it.

Before you buy into any of the lies you're getting from the right wing, it might be a very good idea to do some fact checking for yourself.
mmkay

he still attacked the officer

at least this is how it seems.

so yea, self defense, like I said, and I got the broken eye from npr, so go fuck yourself

Forum List

Back