Poll: Is Anyone having second thoughts about global warming/climate change ?

Are you having second thoughts about the validity of climate change/global warming.

• i am

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • no, i am still convinced it's real and looming.

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
the sun is cooling.... heh..

Yes, that's what the direct measurements show.

TvsTSI.png

But we do understand. The actual data always keeps contradicting denier cult religious beliefs, so they have to constantly invent these new creative ways to deny the data. That's why they're called deniers.

I believe the climate has been changing from the day the earth was formed and will continue to long after we are all dead and buried.

TvsTSI.png

But we do understand. The actual data always keeps contradicting denier cult religious beliefs, so they have to constantly invent these new creative ways to deny the data. That's why they're called deniers.

Gasp! OMG!

That could be a real problem in three billion years or so.

TvsTSI.png

1/2 of one degree C----------can you measure that on your thermostat or your oven? N0? But it can be measured in billions of cubic miles of atmosphere????????????? Come on, Think. you are being scammed.

Its real, so is air, water and land pollution. That is why so much money is being invested in alternative energy, its not a racket. We are trying to build a star, and many countries are signing up to lower carbon emissions. The earth is sinking, look at Texas.
if we can separate weed from the hard drugs, then we can separate pollution form global warming.

maybe we can cool the oceans by making fresh water, but that will cool off the earth's core, and if that happens, we'll freeze to death. i am glad the ozone layer is ok.

how's this for a plan, move to higher ground. we have deserts, we don't live in them.

Goodbye, Oil: US Navy Cracks New Renewable Energy Technology To Turn Seawater Into Fuel, Allowing Ships To Stay At Sea Longer

Molten salt reactor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Goodbye, Oil: US Navy Cracks New Renewable Energy Technology To Turn Seawater Into Fuel, Allowing Ships To Stay At Sea Longer

After decades of experiments, U.S. Navy scientists believe they may have solved one of the world’s great challenges: how to turn seawater into fuel.

The development of a liquid hydrocarbon fuel could one day relieve the military’s dependence on oil-based fuels and is being heralded as a “game changer” because it could allow military ships to develop their own fuel and stay operational 100 percent of the time, rather than having to refuel at sea.

The new fuel is initially expected to cost around $3 to $6 per gallon, according to the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory, which has already flown a model aircraft on it.

The breakthrough came after scientists developed a way to extract carbon dioxide and hydrogen gas from seawater.

It's called algae.

The new fuel is initially expected to cost around $3 to $6 per gallon

Which means it'll be closer to $30-$60 per gallon.
what about cold fusion ?

Yes, imaginary energy sources would be very useful.
Especially when developed by Italian fraudsters.

I have always known it was a hoax.

We are conducting a science experiment with the entire world.

Never, ever has so much oil and coal been burnt and put back into the atmosphere.

When something has never been done before, that's an experiment.

So far the results of doing this do not appear to be favorable to the earth.

Thats not a hoax. It's a fact.

So far the results of doing this do not appear to be favorable to the earth.

How do you come to that conclusion?

TvsTSI.png

if we do everything the warmers want us to do, then will it be time to control the sun ? that would take even more research, and i'm guessing longer for "consensus".

People are going to look back at this period and say why didn't we listen to the actual experts...

There are guys here who are saying it is a conspiracy theory... How do you keep a secret this big... The US is the only country in the world that has a major party that doesn't accept Climate Change.

They have no consistent answer... Some are saying 'Wasn't cold outside last night...'

The ignorance from that side is breath taking..

People are going to look back at this period and say why didn't we listen to the actual experts...

What do the "experts" recommend to fix the "problem"?

TvsTSI.png

Gasp! OMG!

that's why we need to get busy on this, and give the government more money, apparently the sun is going to give us more trouble too.

what if we stop global warming completely, and the sun goes into an extreme cooling period, won't the global heat people look cold and foolish.

one the big problems with cap and trade, is that no one can tell the future. i'd rather spend my global warming dough on fixing that rotten bridge, better yet, fixing Chicago and other cities murders, and stop heroin from coming to Vermont, and other states.

1. Cap and trade is the most environmentally and economically sensible approach to controlling greenhouse gas emissions, the primary driver of global warming. The “cap” sets a limit on emissions, which is lowered over time to reduce the amount of pollutants released into the atmosphere.
    How cap and trade works | Environmental Defense Fund
    https://www.edf.org/.../how-cap-and-trade-wo...
    Environmental Defense Fund

More about Emissions trading
Feedback
About this result
How cap and trade works | Environmental Defense Fund
https://www.edf.org/.../how-cap-and-trade-...
Environmental Defense Fund
Cap and trade is the most environmentally and economically sensible approach to controlling greenhouse gas emissions, the primary driver of global warming. The “cap” sets a limit on emissions, which is lowered over time to reduce the amount of pollutants released into the atmosphere.
Cap and Trade | US EPA
US Environmental Protection Agencyca...
United States Environmental Protection Agency
Cap and trade is an environmental policy tool that delivers results with a mandatory cap on emissions while providing sources flexibility in how they comply.
[PDF]Cap and Trade: Essentials (PDF)

i want my carbon credits to matter.
they should let us buy merchandise, like s & h greenstamps, the first earth industrial complex.
20120305_110934_history3_4_12(1)_500.jpg

god i loved that catalog when i was a kid. but there were never enough stamps to get what I wanted...

Last edited:
I believe the climate has been changing from the day the earth was formed and will continue to long after we are all dead and buried.
what about cremations ? when they asked bob hope where he wanted to be burried he said surprise me. i'd like a viking burial.

Geological cycles have been documented. There is nothing magical about them. Its pure science.

And those documented geological cycles should be causing a slow _cooling_ now. They had been causing slow cooling for the past 5000+ years, until humans suddenly shifted that to fast warming.

Can you show us the documented evidence of what natural factor is supposedly causing the current fast warming?

No?

In that case, bringing up "natural cycles" is just invoking mystery magic, and that kind of voodoo isn't science.

And by fast warming you mean once you adjust the baseline, right

what about cremations ? when they asked bob hope where he wanted to be burried he said surprise me. i'd like a viking burial.

I suppose you never heard of ACID RAIN either. Call it whatever you want, air pollution , whatever, it was originally a GOP issue, Read the history of Acid Rain

Clean Air Act (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and the Clean Air Act of 1990, it has been going on for decades, the 70's come to mind.

One thing great Obama did was really put a damper on coal use.

TvsTSI.png

Gasp! OMG!

that's why we need to get busy on this, and give the government more money, apparently the sun is going to give us more trouble too.

what if we stop global warming completely, and the sun goes into an extreme cooling period, won't the global heat people look cold and foolish.

one the big problems with cap and trade, is that no one can tell the future. i'd rather spend my global warming dough on fixing that rotten bridge, better yet, fixing Chicago and other cities murders, and stop heroin from coming to Vermont, and other states.

maybe the libs in congress can pass a law requiring the sun to provide consistent radiation to stop this climate fluctuation business.

I suppose you never heard of ACID RAIN either. Call it whatever you want, air pollution , whatever, it was originally a GOP issue, Read the history of Acid Rain

Clean Air Act (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and the Clean Air Act of 1990, it has been going on for decades, the 70's come to mind.

yes, evil coal, evil oil, evil gas, evil evil evil fossil fuels. all hail Obama savior of earth and the entire universe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the Kenyan messiah lives, all hail obama

was acid rain purple? or was purple rain acid? I keep getting those confused.

Of course not. Baseline-shifting fraud is exclusively the specialty of you and several of your denier masters. It's always used in the fudged graphs that deniers post when they claim the models have been wrong, and you commonly attempt to use it, as you just did.

Oh, speaking of the models, let's check out the actual model predictions as compared to reality.

The Likelihood of Recent Record Warmth : Scientific Reports

CMIP5%2Band%2BGISTemp%2BFeb16.png

Pretty damn good. And all the scientists know it. That's why they know, with 100% certainty, that deniers are peddling yet another of their frauds when they claim the models were bad.

(And yes, deniers will respond by screaming all the data is faked. It's what conspiracy cultists do.)

What did he do, specifically? Why was that great?

Of course not. Baseline-shifting fraud is exclusively the specialty of you and several of your denier masters. It's always used in the fudged graphs that deniers post when they claim the models have been wrong, and you commonly attempt to use it, as you just did.

Oh, speaking of the models, let's check out the actual model predictions as compared to reality.

Pretty damn good. And all the scientists know it. That's why they know, with 100% certainty, that deniers are peddling yet another of their frauds when they claim the models were bad.

(And yes, deniers will respond by screaming all the data is faked. It's what conspiracy cultists do.)
Mamooth, I can't help but be reminded of the great Dust Storms that devastated us during great Depression. Farmers were told for several years about the dangers of ignoring the advice to contour plow and other conservation options, and their reasoning was similar to today's scorn of climate change. Same put downs, laughter and denials. This is a very human trait, I think. I suspect the writer of the story of Noah had this part of our human DNA in mind as he described scoffers too. BTW, I have also heard that the Oglala Aquifer that lies under the same area of prairie that was devastated by the dust storms has been overused again as it was then, and is down about 50%.

You know, there's something seriously wrong with you.

We have readings accurate to a tenth of a degree back in 1880???

Really???

Forum List

Back