Poll. Please Vote. Did You Have a Mother & Father in Your Life?

Did you have regular contact with both a mother and father in life & think it was important?

• (I'm a democrat) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (I'm a democrat) Yes. But no it was not important to me

• (I'm a democrat) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (I'm a democrat) No. And no, it didn't bother me

• (I'm a moderate/independent) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (I'm a moderate/independent) Yes. But no it was not important to me

• (I'm a moderate/independent) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (I'm a moderate/independent) No. And no, it didn't bother me

• (I'm a republican) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (I'm a republican) Yes. But no it was not important to me

• (I'm a republican) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (I'm a republican) No. And no, it didn't bother me

• (Other) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (Other) Yes. But not it was not important to me

• (Other) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (Other) No. And no, it didn't bother me

Results are only viewable after voting.
The 1st amendment doesn't mean that Christians or any religion can ignore every law. It never has. You're describing Christian Sharia, where any Christian can ignore any law they wish.

That's not our system or law.
Says who? If a conscientious Christian cant live his life according to his religion, then the 1st Amendment is less than worthless because he basically has to "drop out" of society, forcing him to become a second class citizen.

Mark
He can always move to another country then. The 1rst amendment doesnt stop you from being a christian.
If you can't live your faith, then you aren't free to practice your religion. The 1st becomes nothing more than words.

Mark
Sounds like you need a new country if you feel that way.
No, what I need is for the country I am in to start following its own constitution.

Mark

And so says everyone who has ever disagreed with a law- ever.

You still can't kill your children and say the Bible says it is okay- the First Amendment doesn't exempt Christians from the law.

I think the respondents to the polls might be a little more selfish than I was as a child perhaps.

I was 5 when my folks split up as I said.

You are among the rarest of the rare. I was lucky, I didn't know many kids from divorced households when I was growing up. The ones I did know suffered mightily from it.

Mark

I'll ask you, for the third time......how does denying marriage to same sex parents help their children?

Not denying marriage. Denying an insane fraud. There is no such thing as “same sex marriage”, and efforts to create it will never be equal to genuine marriage.

The physical structure of "gay marriage" is inappropriate for the previous reason marriage existed for thousands of years: to provide children with BOTH a mother and father...which the poll tells us (and yes, child psychologists too) are VITAL to a child's psychological well being statistically. We make rules based on statistical preponderances, not outside rare exceptions.

And, we make rules to protect children also: Is Gay Marriage Void? New York v Ferber (1982) Etc.

The 1st amendment doesn't mean that Christians or any religion can ignore every law. It never has. You're describing Christian Sharia, where any Christian can ignore any law they wish.

That's not our system or law.
Says who? If a conscientious Christian cant live his life according to his religion, then the 1st Amendment is less than worthless because he basically has to "drop out" of society, forcing him to become a second class citizen.

Mark
He can always move to another country then. The 1rst amendment doesnt stop you from being a christian.
If you can't live your faith, then you aren't free to practice your religion. The 1st becomes nothing more than words.

Mark

Really?

So if your faith tells you to stone an adulterer to death- and you are not allowed by law to do so- then you aren't free to practice your religion and that First Amendment mean nothing?

Why is it that when the question of religion comes up that people insist on using stupid examples. Should religion be regulated?

YES.

If it causes harm to others.

Now, can we move on?

Mark

You don't get it- it is not religion that is regulated- it is the behavior of human beings.

The Bible can say that adulterers should be stoned to death- and the First Amendment says that you still have the right to read the Bible- and even believe what it says.

But your behavior is regulated by law- you can't stone someone to death and claim that is your right under the First Amendment.

No more than if you are a business in Oregon and you want to deny service to a mixed race or a gay couple.

Christians have to follow the law like everyone else.

I think the respondents to the polls might be a little more selfish than I was as a child perhaps.

I was 5 when my folks split up as I said.

You are among the rarest of the rare. I was lucky, I didn't know many kids from divorced households when I was growing up. The ones I did know suffered mightily from it.

Mark
Maybe there was lot of misguided people like you around to make their lives miserable.

I'll ask you, for the third time......how does denying marriage to same sex parents help their children?

Not denying marriage. Denying an insane fraud. There is no such thing as “same sex marriage”, and efforts to create it will never be equal to genuine marriage.

The physical structure of "gay marriage" is inappropriate for the previous reason marriage existed for thousands of years: to provide children with BOTH a mother and father..

And millions and millions of children are being raised without a mother or a father- they are called single parent households.

Why you believe that a child is worse off with two mothers- rather than one- is based purely upon your bigotry.

Do you know how the Muslims practice Sharia law? They don't allow other religions to practice theirs.
Not true, Marky. Learn Islam...

Marky has. That is why Marky made the statement.

Marky
No, Marky obviously has not. The Rights of Non-Muslims in Islam (All parts) - The Religion of Islam

Of course you're right. I mean, its why

Mark

Mark

Really?

So if your faith tells you to stone an adulterer to death- and you are not allowed by law to do so- then you aren't free to practice your religion and that First Amendment mean nothing?

Why is it that when the question of religion comes up that people insist on using stupid examples. Should religion be regulated?

YES.

If it causes harm to others.

Now, can we move on?

Mark

You don't get it- it is not religion that is regulated- it is the behavior of human beings.

The Bible can say that adulterers should be stoned to death- and the First Amendment says that you still have the right to read the Bible- and even believe what it says.

But your behavior is regulated by law- you can't stone someone to death and claim that is your right under the First Amendment.

No more than if you are a business in Oregon and you want to deny service to a mixed race or a gay couple.

Christians have to follow the law like everyone else.

If the law is in direct conflict of religion, then it is illegal as per the Constitution. Its like saying you have the right to own firearms, and yet by law, no one can own them.

Mark

The physical structure of "gay marriage" is inappropriate for the previous reason marriage existed for thousands of years: to provide children with BOTH a mother and father...which the poll tells us (and yes, child psychologists too) are VITAL to a child's psychological well being statistically. We make rules based on statistical preponderances, not outside rare exceptions.

And, we make rules to protect children also: Is Gay Marriage Void? New York v Ferber (1982) Etc.
Marriage has never been about children.

Example: Two people want to get married. They both have children. The children say no. The State says, And just who in the fuck do you think you? End of debate on that one.

If the law is in direct conflict of religion, then it is illegal as per the Constitution. Its like saying you have the right to own firearms, and yet by law, no one can own them.

Mark
Sooo when the Muslims get here in force, I can be raped because I don't believe in their religion? Fuck that...

Did it occur to you that /your/ upbringing may be coloring the reality for others who did not share it?
It could have. But my reading verifies my beliefs. I read about a child psychologist that, after 30 years in practice, NEVER ONCE met a child from a broken home who didn't want his or her parents back together.

Mark

Marriage has never been about children...

Isn't it amazing that, since its not about children, that this has never come up before?

Mark

The reason is simple: denying marriage to same sex parents doesn't help their children. As denying marriage to same sex parents doesn't magically transform them into opposite sex parents. It merely guarantees that their children never have married parents.

Which hurts those children and helps none.

There is no such thing as marriage between two people of the same sex. Marriage, by definition, always has been, and will always be, between a man and a woman.

You do not help children by offering them a fraudulent mockery, and insisting that it is the same as the genuine thing that is being mocked.
Definitions change. Matter of fact gay used to mean happy.
No, definitions do not change.

They change all the time. 'Faggots' used to mean a bundle of sticks. 'Gay' used to mean happy. And legal definitions change regularly.

The idea that all definitions remain immutable and can never change is provably false.

Archaic words - Oxford Dictionaries

Why would I ignore the dictionary...and instead believe you? Why would any rational person?

Because rational people understand that you can call a turnip a rose, but its still not a rose.

Mark
That's nice.

Mark
Sooo when the Muslims get here in force, I can be raped because I don't believe in their religion? Fuck that...

Lol. Pay attention. Religion should NOT BE restricted if it harms no one, or harms one party over another.

Is that plain enough for you?

Mark

Marriage has never been about children...

Isn't it amazing that, since its not about children, that this has never come up before?

Mark
Your grasp of history is zero, Marky: History of same-sex unions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is no such thing as marriage between two people of the same sex. Marriage, by definition, always has been, and will always be, between a man and a woman.

You do not help children by offering them a fraudulent mockery, and insisting that it is the same as the genuine thing that is being mocked.
Definitions change. Matter of fact gay used to mean happy.
No, definitions do not change.

They change all the time. 'Faggots' used to mean a bundle of sticks. 'Gay' used to mean happy. And legal definitions change regularly.

The idea that all definitions remain immutable and can never change is provably false.

Archaic words - Oxford Dictionaries

Why would I ignore the dictionary...and instead believe you? Why would any rational person?

Because rational people understand that you can call a turnip a rose, but its still not a rose.

Mark
That's nice.

Actually, its also logical, rational, and realistic.

Mark

Did it occur to you that /your/ upbringing may be coloring the reality for others who did not share it?
It could have. But my reading verifies my beliefs. I read about a child psychologist that, after 30 years in practice, NEVER ONCE met a child from a broken home who didn't want his or her parents back together.

Mark

I think your child psychologist is lying.... Still in the interest of science I will ask my youngest if he wished Dad and I were together when he gets home from school.

Mark
Last time I checked the Marriage License didn't read Bride - Groom, Child A through Z?

Nope. Sharia law allows for other faiths. Jews have been much safer under Muslims than the Christians many times.

Nope, you're lying.

Sharia allows for "people of the book" to live, as long as they accept a role as a Dhimmi and pay Jizya to ensure they remain in poverty.

As for Jews, it is not 1500 anymore. Once the Ottomans fell, Islam lost all restraint. Even Turkey is falling to the evil that is Islam.

Given your hatred of humanity, Islam is a natural fit for you.

Mark

Lol. Pay attention. Religion should NOT BE restricted if it harms no one, or harms one party over another.

Is that plain enough for you?

Mark

But making SSM illegal /DOES/ harm a party, the kids of the homosexual couple... That was a big part of the foundation of the SOCUTS' findings.

Forum List

Back