Poll. Please Vote. Did You Have a Mother & Father in Your Life?

Did you have regular contact with both a mother and father in life & think it was important?

• (I'm a democrat) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (I'm a democrat) Yes. But no it was not important to me

• (I'm a democrat) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (I'm a democrat) No. And no, it didn't bother me

• (I'm a moderate/independent) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (I'm a moderate/independent) Yes. But no it was not important to me

• (I'm a moderate/independent) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (I'm a moderate/independent) No. And no, it didn't bother me

• (I'm a republican) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (I'm a republican) Yes. But no it was not important to me

• (I'm a republican) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (I'm a republican) No. And no, it didn't bother me

• (Other) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (Other) Yes. But not it was not important to me

• (Other) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (Other) No. And no, it didn't bother me

Results are only viewable after voting.
What if your choices are this couple...

family1.jpg

Which one of those two gay men are going to sit the little baby girl (was she born out of one of their anuses?) down when she's a preteen and discuss with her all the nuances of menstruation? The only way a mother could/would advise her daughter?..childbirth? How to wade through hetero men for "the right one"?

Which one will be the actual mother to the child? Neither? So if those two are "married", they have stripped that little girl of a mother for life as a matter of newly binding contract. Well done, Obergefell.. Except that New York vs Ferber says that no adults can harm a child physically or psychologically in the course of their enjoying a civil right, real or invented last Summer and tacked onto the Constitution by 5 Justices legislating from the Bench..
Probably the one that has the most knowledge on the subject. Youre acting like male gynecologists dont exist.

Which male or female for that matter gynecologist has distinct knowledge of a family's matriarchal peculiar menstrual cycles (that vary quite widely) for a girl adopted by two men playing house? Only the girl's mother would have that unique advice. Just like there is some advice a boy cannot get from his mother, about his hormones and how to control urges and play nice when his gonads are trying to call the shots... That's where dad steps in.. Oh, but wait, a boy with two lesbians can't have a father...for life..

Wow, you are one crazy lady, with this obsession of yours. You need help.

If the child is adopted by a gay couple, that child has already been stripped from having her biological mother. And as far as advising a teenage girl on her menstrual cycle, there's always aunt June, or nurse Betty...weirdo.

The reason is simple: denying marriage to same sex parents doesn't help their children. As denying marriage to same sex parents doesn't magically transform them into opposite sex parents. It merely guarantees that their children never have married parents.

Which hurts those children and helps none.

There is no such thing as marriage between two people of the same sex. Marriage, by definition, always has been, and will always be, between a man and a woman.

You do not help children by offering them a fraudulent mockery, and insisting that it is the same as the genuine thing that is being mocked.
Definitions change. Matter of fact gay used to mean happy.
No, definitions do not change.k

Definitions change all the time.

To deny that definitions of words change is frankly to deny reality, which is one of signatures of mental illness.

Example: faggot. gay.

Anyone who knows the history of the English language is aware of words whose definitions have changed over time.

Not if you believe that a child needs both genders to have a balanced upbringing.

Mark

You're free to believe that all you wish but you still can't stop gay people from raising their biological and adoptive children.

A gay couple cannot have a biological child. I don't have to "stop them". Nature does that.

Mark

Gay couples will just use the same avenue as infertile couples. You still can't do a thing about it.

Lol. Gay couples? No such thing. One(or the other) might get pregnant, but NOT as a couple. Like I said, I don't have to "do a thing" about it. Its already done.

Mark
Says you. Again, your entire argument has degenerated into ignoring the law, the dictionary, the Supreme Court or anything you don't agree with....and pretending it doesn't exist.

With same sex marriage legal in 50 of 50 States, how's that working out for you?

I don't have to pretend anything. Reality doesn't have to be explained. George Orwell was right, of course. The denial of reality like in the book 1984, is happening now. And the left will be the reason for our demise.

So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.
George Orwell

And sadly, it is going to lead to this:

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

Mark

It takes a man and a woman, a father and a mother, to create a child.

That is also what it takes to comprise a functional set of parents to that child.

Um, Bob....the capacity to conceive a child isn't what makes good parents. Loving, caring for, providing for and nurturing your child is what makes good parents. All of which a same sex couple can do and an opposite sex couple can do.
Not if you believe that a child needs both genders to have a balanced upbringing.

Mark

You're free to believe that all you wish but you still can't stop gay people from raising their biological and adoptive children.

A gay couple cannot have a biological child. I don't have to "stop them". Nature does that.

Mark

All children are biological children- well maybe you have some robot that you call your child........

Why? You think its unnatural for a child to want his birth parents together?

Mark

I cannot recall a single time I cared one way or the other that my parents had split up. I just wanted them to be happy and they both were so it was all good.

The line was crossed when Christians were told that they didn't get to ignore the law because they suddenly discovered they were Christians when they were asked to bake a cake for a gay couple.

Christians have to follow the law like everyone else.
Then there is no freedom of religion, and America is dead.

Mark

The highest law says that there is, but those who are saying that “Christians have to follow the law like everyone else.” are not willing to allow this highest law to be obeyed. Hypocrites!

Of course we all have Freedom of Religion.

That doesn't mean you get to kill your child for disobeying you and not be sent to prison for murder because you claim it is okay because you are just following what the Bible told you.

Christians have to follow the law just like everyone else

Wow.

Mark

Exactly- Wow- Christians don't get to kill their children just because the Bible says that is what should happen to disobedient children.

Again...wow.

Mark

family1.jpg

Which one of those two gay men are going to sit the little baby girl (was she born out of one of their anuses?) down when she's a preteen and discuss with her all the nuances of menstruation? .

Wow- you are describing the exact situation of every single dad out there. I guess every daughter being raised by a single dad is being abused by your 'logic'

And exactly what biology book is teaching you that babies come out of anuses?

Or anyone who has ever adopted a girl. Remember, Sil's made up the 'nuances of her unique genetic line' argument.

By sil's own standards......adoptive parents can never marry.

What truly makes a good parent is knowing the nuanced menstruation cycle history of the women in the adopted child's previous family.

I talk to my mother on the phone every day, and I do not know the history of her menstruation cycle. I guess I better call her. lol

Christians have to follow the law like everyone else.

The Constitution is the highest law, in this nation, and the First Amendment is part of it. You cannot advocate such blatant disregard for it, and still credibly speak of any rule of law.

The 1st amendment doesn't mean that Christians or any religion can ignore every law. It never has. You're describing Christian Sharia, where any Christian can ignore any law they wish.

That's not our system or law.
Says who? If a conscientious Christian cant live his life according to his religion, then the 1st Amendment is less than worthless because he basically has to "drop out" of society, forcing him to become a second class citizen.

Mark
He can always move to another country then. The 1rst amendment doesnt stop you from being a christian.
If you can't live your faith, then you aren't free to practice your religion. The 1st becomes nothing more than words.

Mark

Really?

So if your faith tells you to stone an adulterer to death- and you are not allowed by law to do so- then you aren't free to practice your religion and that First Amendment mean nothing?

Why? You think its unnatural for a child to want his birth parents together?

Mark

I cannot recall a single time I cared one way or the other that my parents had split up. I just wanted them to be happy and they both were so it was all good.
Do you think that the respondents to the poll are lying? BTW, what age were you when your parents split?

Mark

I think the respondents to the polls might be a little more selfish than I was as a child perhaps.

I was 5 when my folks split up as I said.

Then there is no freedom of religion, and America is dead.

Mark

The highest law says that there is, but those who are saying that “Christians have to follow the law like everyone else.” are not willing to allow this highest law to be obeyed. Hypocrites!

Of course we all have Freedom of Religion.

That doesn't mean you get to kill your child for disobeying you and not be sent to prison for murder because you claim it is okay because you are just following what the Bible told you.

Christians have to follow the law just like everyone else

Wow.

Mark

Exactly- Wow- Christians don't get to kill their children just because the Bible says that is what should happen to disobedient children.

Again...wow.

Mark

Wow- Mark is still unable to post an intelligent response.

Despite his fervent belief that if a Christian believes the Bible tells them that they should kill their children if they are disobedient that the First Amendment allows them to legally do so- he just can't respond.

family1.jpg

Which one of those two gay men are going to sit the little baby girl (was she born out of one of their anuses?) down when she's a preteen and discuss with her all the nuances of menstruation? .

Wow- you are describing the exact situation of every single dad out there. I guess every daughter being raised by a single dad is being abused by your 'logic'

And exactly what biology book is teaching you that babies come out of anuses?

Or anyone who has ever adopted a girl. Remember, Sil's made up the 'nuances of her unique genetic line' argument.

By sil's own standards......adoptive parents can never marry.

What truly makes a good parent is knowing the nuanced menstruation cycle history of the women in the adopted child's previous family.

I talk to my mother on the phone every day, and I do not know the history of her menstruation cycle. I guess I better call her. lol

Your mother at least provided you with the hope of knowing these cycles. lol.

We need more poll options:

I was raised by a mother and father but they never discussed the period cycles of Nanny Mary.

Mark

Gay couples will just use the same avenue as infertile couples. You still can't do a thing about it.

Lol. Gay couples? No such thing. One(or the other) might get pregnant, but NOT as a couple. Like I said, I don't have to "do a thing" about it. Its already done.

Mark
Says you. Again, your entire argument has degenerated into ignoring the law, the dictionary, the Supreme Court or anything you don't agree with....and pretending it doesn't exist.

With same sex marriage legal in 50 of 50 States, how's that working out for you?

I don't have to pretend anything. Reality doesn't have to be explained.

Clearly reality has to be explained to you- not that I have any hope that you will be able to accept reality.

The Constitution is the highest law, in this nation, and the First Amendment is part of it. You cannot advocate such blatant disregard for it, and still credibly speak of any rule of law.

The 1st amendment doesn't mean that Christians or any religion can ignore every law. It never has. You're describing Christian Sharia, where any Christian can ignore any law they wish.

That's not our system or law.
Says who? If a conscientious Christian cant live his life according to his religion, then the 1st Amendment is less than worthless because he basically has to "drop out" of society, forcing him to become a second class citizen.

Mark
He can always move to another country then. The 1rst amendment doesnt stop you from being a christian.
If you can't live your faith, then you aren't free to practice your religion. The 1st becomes nothing more than words.

Mark

Really?

So if your faith tells you to stone an adulterer to death- and you are not allowed by law to do so- then you aren't free to practice your religion and that First Amendment mean nothing?

Why is it that when the question of religion comes up that people insist on using stupid examples. Should religion be regulated?

YES.

If it causes harm to others.

Now, can we move on?

Mark

Mark

Mark

I don't have to pretend anything. Reality doesn't have to be explained. George Orwell was right, of course. The denial of reality like in the book 1984, is happening now. And the left will be the reason for our demise.

So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.
George Orwell

And sadly, it is going to lead to this:

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

Mark

Except that its not. You've literally insisted that definitions *never* change. That's just nonsense. They change all the time.

Archaic words - Oxford Dictionaries (US)

Why would any rational person ignore the dictionary and instead believe you on the meaning of words?

Forum List

Back