Poll. Please Vote. Did You Have a Mother & Father in Your Life?

Did you have regular contact with both a mother and father in life & think it was important?

• (I'm a democrat) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (I'm a democrat) Yes. But no it was not important to me

• (I'm a democrat) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (I'm a democrat) No. And no, it didn't bother me

• (I'm a moderate/independent) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (I'm a moderate/independent) Yes. But no it was not important to me

• (I'm a moderate/independent) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (I'm a moderate/independent) No. And no, it didn't bother me

• (I'm a republican) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (I'm a republican) Yes. But no it was not important to me

• (I'm a republican) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (I'm a republican) No. And no, it didn't bother me

• (Other) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (Other) Yes. But not it was not important to me

• (Other) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (Other) No. And no, it didn't bother me

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'll ask you, for the third time......how does denying marriage to same sex parents help their children?

Not denying marriage. Denying an insane fraud. There is no such thing as “same sex marriage”, and efforts to create it will never be equal to genuine marriage.

The physical structure of "gay marriage" is inappropriate for the previous reason marriage existed for thousands of years: to provide children with BOTH a mother and father...which the poll tells us (and yes, child psychologists too) are VITAL to a child's psychological well being statistically. We make rules based on statistical preponderances, not outside rare exceptions.

Says the soul that is using a straw poll on a message board as indicative of the national opinion on a matter.

Your 'solution' of denying marriage to gays doesn't remedy any of the 'problems' you've cited. As unmarried same sex parents are still same sex parents. Denying them marriage doesn't magically transform them into opposite sex parents. It merely guarantees that their children never have married parents.

Which hurts children by the 10s of thousands and helps no child.

Worse for you, the Supreme Court has already ruled that the right to marry isn't connected with children. If you can't have children or refuse to.....you can still have kids. Killing your argument again.

The Supreme Court has ruled on this matter specifically: denying same sex marriage hurts children. Recognizing same sex marriage helps children.

Your 'legal argument' is to ignore the Supreme Court's explicit findings and make up your own. And you keep wondering why your imagination isn't accepted as the law.

Get used to being confused.

Do you know how the Muslims practice Sharia law? They don't allow other religions to practice theirs.
Not true, Marky. Learn Islam...

Marky has. That is why Marky made the statement.

Marky
No, Marky obviously has not. The Rights of Non-Muslims in Islam (All parts) - The Religion of Islam

Of course you're right. I mean, its why
He can always move to another country then. The 1rst amendment doesnt stop you from being a christian.
If you can't live your faith, then you aren't free to practice your religion. The 1st becomes nothing more than words.

Mark

Really?

So if your faith tells you to stone an adulterer to death- and you are not allowed by law to do so- then you aren't free to practice your religion and that First Amendment mean nothing?

Why is it that when the question of religion comes up that people insist on using stupid examples. Should religion be regulated?

YES.

If it causes harm to others.

Now, can we move on?

Mark

You don't get it- it is not religion that is regulated- it is the behavior of human beings.

The Bible can say that adulterers should be stoned to death- and the First Amendment says that you still have the right to read the Bible- and even believe what it says.

But your behavior is regulated by law- you can't stone someone to death and claim that is your right under the First Amendment.

No more than if you are a business in Oregon and you want to deny service to a mixed race or a gay couple.

Christians have to follow the law like everyone else.

If the law is in direct conflict of religion, then it is illegal as per the Constitution.

So if your religion says that you must stone adulterers to death, if you are convicted of murder- you believe that violates the Constitution?

Did it occur to you that /your/ upbringing may be coloring the reality for others who did not share it?
It could have. But my reading verifies my beliefs. I read about a child psychologist that, after 30 years in practice, NEVER ONCE met a child from a broken home who didn't want his or her parents back together.

Mark

I think your child psychologist is lying.... Still in the interest of science I will ask my youngest if he wished Dad and I were together when he gets home from school.
Ask him instead if he wants NO father in his life. We'll wait for your answer when he gets home..

I'll ask you, for the third time......how does denying marriage to same sex parents help their children?

Not denying marriage. Denying an insane fraud. There is no such thing as “same sex marriage”, and efforts to create it will never be equal to genuine marriage.

The physical structure of "gay marriage" is inappropriate for the previous reason marriage existed for thousands of years: to provide children with BOTH a mother and father...which the poll tells us (and yes, child psychologists too) are VITAL to a child's psychological well being statistically. We make rules based on statistical preponderances, not outside rare exceptions.

And, we make rules to protect children also: Is Gay Marriage Void? New York v Ferber (1982) Etc.
Marriage has never been about children...

Isn't it amazing that, since its not about children, that this has never come up before?

Mark
Your grasp of history is zero, Marky: History of same-sex unions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We are talking modern times here, Cosmo. The world also has an extensive history(even more so than homosexuality) of pederasty and pedophilia.

You're not suggesting...

Mark

Last time I checked the Marriage License didn't read Bride - Groom, Child A through Z?
You should study "implicit parties to a contract" in contract law paint. Implicit parties are equally potent parties to expressed parties in a contract. Go ahead for the readers here...argue that children aren't the reason for and part of marriage...

And, we make rules to protect children also: Is Gay Marriage Void? New York v Ferber (1982) Etc.

Isn't it amazing that, since its not about children, that this has never come up before?

Mark
Your grasp of history is zero, Marky: History of same-sex unions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We are talking modern times here, Cosmo. The world also has an extensive history(even more so than homosexuality) of pederasty and pedophilia.

You're not suggesting...

Mark
Ah, so if it didn't happen since Marky was born, it's of no impotence. Got it, the thinking of an infant.

Do you know how the Muslims practice Sharia law? They don't allow other religions to practice theirs.

Marky
No, Marky obviously has not. The Rights of Non-Muslims in Islam (All parts) - The Religion of Islam

He can always move to another country then. The 1rst amendment doesnt stop you from being a christian.
If you can't live your faith, then you aren't free to practice your religion. The 1st becomes nothing more than words.

Mark

Really?

So if your faith tells you to stone an adulterer to death- and you are not allowed by law to do so- then you aren't free to practice your religion and that First Amendment mean nothing?

Why is it that when the question of religion comes up that people insist on using stupid examples. Should religion be regulated?

YES.

Now, can we move on?

Mark

You don't get it- it is not religion that is regulated- it is the behavior of human beings.

The Bible can say that adulterers should be stoned to death- and the First Amendment says that you still have the right to read the Bible- and even believe what it says.

But your behavior is regulated by law- you can't stone someone to death and claim that is your right under the First Amendment.

No more than if you are a business in Oregon and you want to deny service to a mixed race or a gay couple.

If the law is in direct conflict of religion, then it is illegal as per the Constitution. Its like saying you have the right to own firearms, and yet by law, no one can own them.

Mark

Fascinating.......there's our christian sharia believer, right there.

Mark

Oh people have made the same kind of stupid claims you have made before.

Virginia actually argued that its law against mixed race marriages was to protect children- and they cited an 'authority' who had written a book about how the children of mixed race couples suffered- the courts rejected that argument.

As it has all of these 'arguments'- noting among other things that States not only allow infertile couples to marry- they actually require some couples to prove that they are unable to bear children before the States will allow them to marry.

Last time I checked the Marriage License didn't read Bride - Groom, Child A through Z?
You should study "implicit parties to a contract" in contract law paint. Implicit parties are equally potent parties to expressed parties in a contract. Go ahead for the readers here...argue that children aren't the reason for and part of marriage...
Do tell, how many children have been allowed to stop their parents from getting a divorce?

As a counterpoint, how many have been allowed to stop their parents from getting married?

Mark

You're not suggesting...

Mark
Ah, so if it didn't happen since Marky was born, it's of no impotence. Got it, the thinking of an infant.

Ah, distraction. I told you of other things allowed during our history, why are you not defending them?

Looks like this "infant" got the best of you.

Mark

Mark

You're not suggesting...

Mark
Well, you can't tell the difference?

Marky

Mark

Really?

YES.

Now, can we move on?

Mark

If the law is in direct conflict of religion, then it is illegal as per the Constitution. Its like saying you have the right to own firearms, and yet by law, no one can own them.

Mark

If by practicing your religion you hurt no one, then yes, you can bet your ass it is unconstitutional.

Mark

Mark

You're not suggesting...

Mark
Tell what difference?

Mark

You should study "implicit parties to a contract" in contract law paint.

And yet in all of your 'study', you've never found a single legal source that recognizes that a marriage of parents creates a minor contract for their children. Or that a child is married to their parents.

In both cases, that's just you offering us your pseudo-legal gibberish as the law. Which is legally meaningless. As no court nor law recognizes any of your nonsense as valid.

This is why your legal predictions are *always* wrong: you keep citing your imagination while ignoring the actual law.

Marky

Really?

YES.

Now, can we move on?

Mark

Mark

If by practicing your religion you hurt no one, then yes, you can bet your ass it is unconstitutional.

Mark
Ah...moving the goal posts. Of course if you are hurting no one, you are free to practice your religion....who has said otherwise?

Mark

You're not suggesting...

Mark
Tell what difference?

Mark
See? You cannot tell the difference between homosexuality and pederasty and pedophilia.

Forum List

Back