POLL: Politics, Suicide & Depression in America

Are our political behaviors making us more & more miserable?

• Yes. We're doing this to ourselves by choice

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • No. There is no connection here.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • This is a problem of the other side, not mine.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Mango. I have no idea.

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
People need axioms to feel safe and steady in their view of the universe around them. Take that away and you are left with neurotic people.

Our culture was built on three sets of literature: the collection of books in the Bible, Shakespeares plays, and Blacks Common Law.

That is all abandoned now and there is no cultural consensus on anything any more.

We have managed to undefine ourselves and some just cant handle the stress.

I am a hermit, so it doesnt really matter to me.

“Natalie said she began “thinking of suicide as an option” after her mother died suddenly and the stress of caring for her father, who had Alzheimer’s, while raising two teenagers on her own and working full-time became “oppressive. Each day it just seemed more impossible to keep doing what I was doing....”

Yeah...”you’ve come a long way baby”
Yupp. Not because partisans are meanies to each other and all the sanctimoneous Macs of the world have to cry about it on messageboards every..

fucking....

day
My goodness. This is a reasonable topic that reasonable adults can discuss.

You don't have to read it or post in it.

I think your behavior here says a lot about you, not those who are discussing this.

Yupp. Not because partisans are meanies to each other and all the sanctimoneous Macs of the world have to cry about it on messageboards every..
fucking....
day

You could really use some counseling.

People need axioms to feel safe and steady in their view of the universe around them. Take that away and you are left with neurotic people.

We have managed to undefine ourselves and some just cant handle the stress.
:clap2:

I think it's fair to wonder if this is by design or just a natural result of time and a free society.

“Natalie said she began “thinking of suicide as an option” after her mother died suddenly and the stress of caring for her father, who had Alzheimer’s, while raising two teenagers on her own and working full-time became “oppressive. Each day it just seemed more impossible to keep doing what I was doing....”

fucking....

day

I think your behavior here says a lot about you, not those who are discussing this.
You're not reasonable...you are a sanctimony troll. Every damn day you butthurt over how people disagree politically.

Suicide and over prescribing is a real issue, not one for a sanctimony troll to sprint to his internet over and consider a win for his confirmation bias, like a sick child.

fucking....

day

You're not reasonable...you are a sanctimony troll. Every damn day you butthurt over how people disagree politically.

Suicide and over prescribing is a real issue, not one for a sanctimony troll to sprint to his internet over and consider a win for his confirmation bias, like a sick child.
And more of the same.

He doesn't want to just discuss the issue.

That in itself is interesting.

fucking....

day

And more of the same.

He doesn't want to just discuss the issue.

That in itself is interesting.
My first post in this thread was succinct to the issue, you skipped its content and went straight for the sanctimony like ya always do ya weaselly little phony. Another day, another Mac whine thread on usmb. Rinse, repeat.

Interesting stuff here:

The Politics of Suicide and Depression | HuffPost

Shouldn’t researchers be examining American societal and cultural variables that are making so many of us depressed and suicidal? At the very least, don’t we as a society want to know what exactly is making physically healthier teenagers and young adults more depressed than senior citizens?

It is a myth that people are unwilling to hear and consider the opinions of those who oppose them politically.
You, being at the epicenter of the opioid epidemic imnFla., could really school weasel Mac on this issue but its a waste of your time. At the end of the day, every day actually...he needs to be sad. Let him has a sad.

Those types of problems are not gender specific. Most people in this country are dealing with the challenges of making ends meet.

Interesting stuff here:

The Politics of Suicide and Depression | HuffPost

Shouldn’t researchers be examining American societal and cultural variables that are making so many of us depressed and suicidal? At the very least, don’t we as a society want to know what exactly is making physically healthier teenagers and young adults more depressed than senior citizens?

The huffingtonnpost is one of the drivers of suicide.

It is a myth that people are unwilling to hear and consider the opinions of those who oppose them politically.
You, being at the epicenter of the opioid epidemic imnFla., could really school weasel Mac on this issue but its a waste of your time. At the end of the day, every day actually...he needs to be sad. Let him has a sad.

It's our culture in decay, dude. And I fear it may be intentional. Whatever will we do?

I know! Let's have tea with climate change deniers and white supremacists! That's the ticket!

Others who are asking the same question on causality:

Why are Americans so sad?

I believe it’s also worth considering whether higher levels of stress are driving more Americans to take psychoactive substances and, in extreme cases, take their own lives. Last year, eight in 10 U.S. adults reported feeling stressed during their day, and 44% reported that their stress levels had increased over the past five years. Most people state their stress is due to concerns about the future, money, work, the political climate, and violence and crime.

Those types of problems are not gender specific. Most people in this country are dealing with the challenges of making ends meet.
Probably the unhealthiest thing our society's got going on these days is that a standard middle class household requires 2 incomes, so 2 parents away from their kids full time...and thats not politics its simple consumerism.

You are a liar the suicide rate of women is rising exponentially as they enter middle age.
Suicide Rate in Women Jumps by 50%
And that will be my last post to a cretin who doesn’t care about bodies.

It's our culture in decay, dude. And I fear it may be intentional. Whatever will we do?

I know! Let's have tea with climate change deniers and white supremacists! That's the ticket!
If you could interview someone about what stresses them out 500 years ago...

theyd likely answer health, crime, politics, and making ends meet.

Shocker, there

Others who are asking the same question on causality:

Why are Americans so sad?

I believe it’s also worth considering whether higher levels of stress are driving more Americans to take psychoactive substances and, in extreme cases, take their own lives. Last year, eight in 10 U.S. adults reported feeling stressed during their day, and 44% reported that their stress levels had increased over the past five years. Most people state their stress is due to concerns about the future, money, work, the political climate, and violence and crime.

Quartz is another.

Forum List

Back