POLL: Politics, Suicide & Depression in America

Are our political behaviors making us more & more miserable?

• Yes. We're doing this to ourselves by choice

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • No. There is no connection here.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • This is a problem of the other side, not mine.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Mango. I have no idea.

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
Item One
Our suicide rates have increased to the point at which the CDC says they are actually affecting our life expectancy. Our usage of antidepressants continues to increase. Looking at the facts, it's not difficult to argue that we, as a society, are become more and more unhappy.

Item Two
More and more, Americans are walking around in a state of hypersensitivity, just waiting to be outraged or offended by something. When someone from the "other" tribe does or says something that we can attack, we jump right in with the group hysterics.

Theory
We're making ourselves more and more miserable by adhering ourselves to political ideologies, by refusing to even understand the opinions of those who dare to disagree with us, and by jumping on the tiniest opportunities as a reasonable excuse to attack the "other".

Please vote and comment. Thanks.

=============

U.S. Antidepressant Use Jumps 65 Percent in 15 Years
Suicides are at the highest rate in decades, CDC report shows

My co-workers kid just killed himself yesterday. We learned it wasn't the first time he tried. Amazing student, amazing tennis player, parents have money, went to a great private school.

The only thing I have heard about possibly why he did it was that his mother is a nut case. She fucked the kid up. The guy I work with is a great person I can't imagine it was his fault.

So the only negative I can see in this kids life was that he is a product of a divorce. Divorce can't be easy on kids.

Anyways, what a horrible thing to do to his father and brother. I don't know about the mother but this is a really selfish thing to do to the people you love.

No. Our political dysfunction and the increasing suicide rate are manifestations of a deeper problem.
I would agree with that.

I think this is an indication of an overall culture in decay.

Culture is all. It isn’t decaying. It is being destroyed intentionally.
The suicide rate is particularly spiking among “middle aged white women”. These are the first cohort to have been so completely destroyed by feminist propaganda and the liquidation of institutions created to protect them.
The last three suicides for me personally in the last let’s say less than ten years have been all white men or boys

The first guy was a huge trump supporter but he was struggling with homosexuality

The other guy was a drunk loser depressed because his girlfriend broke up with him

The most recent was a brilliant tennis player and student going to the most expensive private school in the state.

None of them had any real reasons why they should kill themselves. What’s wrong with people?

No. Our political dysfunction and the increasing suicide rate are manifestations of a deeper problem.
I would agree with that.

The suicide rate is particularly spiking among “middle aged white women”. These are the first cohort to have been so completely destroyed by feminist propaganda and the liquidation of institutions created to protect them.
The last three suicides for me personally in the last let’s say less than ten years have been all white men or boys

The first guy was a huge trump supporter but he was struggling with homosexuality

The other guy was a drunk loser depressed because his girlfriend broke up with him

The most recent was a brilliant tennis player and student going to the most expensive private school in the state.

None of them had any real reasons why they should kill themselves. What’s wrong with people?

I just told you what is wrong with people. Humans are social creatures. And their institutions have been destroyed....purposefully.

I would agree with that.

I just told you what is wrong with people. Humans are social creatures. And their institutions have been destroyed....purposefully.
What institutions?

It’s probably true none of them were religious. But I’m not religious and I don’t want to kill or die

Forum List

Back