POLL: Politics, Suicide & Depression in America

Are our political behaviors making us more & more miserable?

• Yes. We're doing this to ourselves by choice

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • No. There is no connection here.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • This is a problem of the other side, not mine.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Mango. I have no idea.

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
If Republicans weren’t so anti-America, and pro Russia, and anti-education, and racist, I would feel sorry for them.
I’m serious.
The hateful rhetoric against education and all their racism means they’re going to have really sad lives. Specially when you try to shovel the nations money to a few billionaires. Did you see the trillion dollars Trump wants to cut from Medicare so he could pay for tax cuts for needy billionaires?

So like I said, if they weren’t causing so much damage I would feel sorry for them.

But we can’t afford that luxury. They must be defeated. For the future of the country and possibly even the future of the world. Imagine if Republicans completely succeeded and the entire world was like Russia?

If Republicans weren’t so anti-America, and pro Russia, and anti-education, and racist, I would feel sorry for them.
I’m serious.
The hateful rhetoric against education and all their racism means they’re going to have really sad lives. Specially when you try to shovel the nations money to a few billionaires. Did you see the trillion dollars Trump wants to cut from Medicare so he could pay for tax cuts for needy billionaires?

So like I said, if they weren’t causing so much damage I would feel sorry for them.

But we can’t afford that luxury. They must be defeated. For the future of the country and possibly even the future of the world. Imagine if Republicans completely succeeded and the entire world was like Russia?

And they will never learn. Reagan fucked him, they loved him. Bush fucked them, they voted for his son 8 years later. His son caused a great recession and they blamed liberals. Obama got us out of the great recession, Presidents don't have anything to do with the economy. Trump is fucking the middle class now and these people will never realize it. He won't improve their lives financially. He doesn't have to. Trump wins them over with social wedge issues like abortion and guns and racism.

I’m serious.

And they will never learn. Reagan fucked him, they loved him. Bush fucked them, they voted for his son 8 years later. His son caused a great recession and they blamed liberals. Obama got us out of the great recession, Presidents don't have anything to do with the economy. Trump is fucking the middle class now and these people will never realize it. He won't improve their lives financially. He doesn't have to. Trump wins them over with social wedge issues like abortion and guns and racism.

O got us out of nothing. Your dog could have done that. Regardless, O and W were worthless, leading us into never ending wars and horrid foreign and domestic policies.

I’m serious.

O got us out of nothing. Your dog could have done that. Regardless, O and W were worthless, leading us into never ending wars and horrid foreign and domestic policies.
Oh, Obama is like Bush now. Wow! So you’re saying it turns out that Bush was a failure? Why? Because Trump said he is? What happens in a couple years after Trump is out of office and everybody’s talking about what a failure he is? Will you turn on him too?

I’m serious.

Oh, Obama is like Bush now. Wow! So you’re saying it turns out that Bush was a failure? Why? Because Trump said he is? What happens in a couple years after Trump is out of office and everybody’s talking about what a failure he is? Will you turn on him too?

I've said bush was a failure for years while he was in office.

I’m serious.

Remember these people tried to get John McCain elected. They can't stand him now. But they would have worshipped him if he was in the White House.

"Spreading the fake and totally discredited Dossier 'is unfortunately a very dark stain against John McCain,'"

Trump tweet this weekend.

I’m serious.

Remember these people tried to get John McCain elected. They can't stand him now. But they would have worshipped him if he was in the White House.

"Spreading the fake and totally discredited Dossier 'is unfortunately a very dark stain against John McCain,'"

Mccain was a very angry disgusting, bitter man.

I’m serious.

A lot of right wingers are saying that now. Too bad they weren’t saying it back then.

I’m serious.

Mccain was a very angry disgusting, bitter man.
Is it true that Trump said you should only speak good of the dead? And then said McCain is dead?

I’m serious.

A lot of right wingers are saying that now. Too bad they weren’t saying it back then.

They were singing George Bush's praises. They were denying the Great Recession was right in front of us let alone who's fault it was. So don't expect them to be honest about how great this economy is or how bad Obama's economy was.

And they loved John McCain and Mitt Romney before they lost. They defended them just as hard as they do Trump or did Bush.

And they simply worshipped Reagan while he attacked the middle class. How did Reagan, Bush 1&2 and Trump attack the middle class? Lots of ways but here is one

Roll Back the Reagan Tax Cuts

You are unkotare and I’ve proven it over and over

You have never proven anything but your own lack of character. Typical democrat.
You know what they say. School you once, shame on you. School you 100 times and you don't participate in normal conversations with any of us, shame on us for even replying back to your sorry ass.

You're wrong is not a reply. You're a racist is not a reply.

It's not racist to wonder why you are fascinated with asian mens feet.

It’s racist to employ racial epithets - ALL THE FUCKING TIME, and to repeat racist insults and generalizations.

It is dishonest to lie and attempt to misrepresent others.

It is sexist to talk about women like an adolescent boy intimidated by women trying to cover (or avoid his true orientation) by talking about them like pieces of meat.

It is morally bankrupt to live like a greedy, selfish child.

All of the above are all you are about - and nothing more.
No it's not racist to say racist things. You have to mean them. ....

:lmao:

You couldn’t make this shit up. What a shameless, unrepentant, transparent racist douche. “Oh no, I don’t mean it!” Please.
But I don't mean it. I'm just pushing your buttons douche

You are unkotare and I’ve proven it over and over

You have never proven anything but your own lack of character. Typical democrat.
You know what they say. School you once, shame on you. School you 100 times and you don't participate in normal conversations with any of us, shame on us for even replying back to your sorry ass.

It’s racist to employ racial epithets - ALL THE FUCKING TIME, and to repeat racist insults and generalizations.

It is sexist to talk about women like an adolescent boy intimidated by women trying to cover (or avoid his true orientation) by talking about them like pieces of meat.

You couldn’t make this shit up. What a shameless, unrepentant, transparent racist douche. “Oh no, I don’t mean it!” Please.
Let's try a truth experiment shall we? Try to find one racist believe you think I believe is true. For example, the reason less than 1% of CEO's on the fortune 500 list are black is because they aren't smart enough to be CEO's.

Recently I have found it is Republicans who believe this. At least every Republicans who's being honest. You won't say what you believe I know so piss off troll.

Parker, who was once Pepsi’s senior vice president for human resources, labor relations and global diversity and inclusion, gave one possible reason for the low percentages, and the rapid decline. Since most of the CEOs are white men, “People have a tendency to select individuals that they are familiar with and comfortable with. They are comfortable with their network of the people that they know, therefore the people that get those opportunities tend to look like them.”

Spring-boarding off of Parker’s observations, it is not just black Americans who are having a hard time breaking into the C-suite. In February, 2014, Fortune magazine noted that all minorities composed just over 4 percent of the Fortune 500 CEOs, and there were only 24 women in the top executive post of those companies, or just 4.8 percent.

You are the racist guy who denies this bias exists. In a country as diverse as the USA there can only be one reason why all the CEO's are white men. BIAS you stupid son of a bitch. Right in front of your stereotypical stupid Irish nose.

I’m serious.

Sorry dude, been saying it for years. Him and O were equally worthless.

Item One
Our suicide rates have increased to the point at which the CDC says they are actually affecting our life expectancy. Our usage of antidepressants continues to increase. Looking at the facts, it's not difficult to argue that we, as a society, are become more and more unhappy.

Item Two
More and more, Americans are walking around in a state of hypersensitivity, just waiting to be outraged or offended by something. When someone from the "other" tribe does or says something that we can attack, we jump right in with the group hysterics.

Theory
We're making ourselves more and more miserable by adhering ourselves to political ideologies, by refusing to even understand the opinions of those who dare to disagree with us, and by jumping on the tiniest opportunities as a reasonable excuse to attack the "other".

Please vote and comment. Thanks.

=============

U.S. Antidepressant Use Jumps 65 Percent in 15 Years
Suicides are at the highest rate in decades, CDC report shows

My comment would be that Americans get all excited over EVERY LITTLE THING. Stuff that has no impact on them at all. Like abortion. If you disagree with abortion and think it's wrong, don't have one. But unlike other countries, Americans have to inflict what THEY believe to be right, on others.

Gay marriage is another one. My country has had gay marriage for 15 years. It has no impact on straight people getting married, and is totally a non-issue.

Common core is another one. Conservatives opposed it, not because it wasn't a good idea, but because liberals proposed it, and were trampling on "states' rights" to deal with education. The logic of living in a country with a high degree of mobility and having an expectation that in moving from one state to another, a core cirriculum would seem to be a common sense goal. The opposition wasn't based on the reasons behind it or even the good sense, it was all "tribal", and "federal overreach". And your education system continues to fall behind the rest of the first world as a result.

What is happening is a knee jerk response to everything the other side proposes with no consideration of the merits. There is no admission on the part of Republicans that tax cuts and deficit spending doesn't work as an economic strategy, and they continue to spout the same lies that it will, despite mountains of evidence to the contrary. Their base continues to believe their lies about tax cuts creating jobs because Republicans stay on message, and lies repeated often enough really do become truth to Republican voters. And since they fact check, and they've trained by 40 years of talk radio that the MSM is radically left wing and not to be trusted, basically Rush and the gang can tell them anything and they'll believe it.

32 years ago, the Fairness Doctrine lapsed. This required that public media give equal time to both sides in the political debate. Since that time, right wing talk radio has flooded the airwaves in the mid-west and rural America with this apocalyptic view of America under attack by liberal forces out to destroy the country. This is reinforced by conservative evangelical churches, whose leadership billed itself as the "Moral Majority", and who demand that conservatives make laws around their religious beliefs on marriage, abortion, and bigotry, which they refer to as "religious freedom", which is what bigots have done since the Jim Crow days. Many of the leaders of the Moral Majority were brought down by scandals involving drugs, sex, and money, like all corrupt enterprises. Part of the coalition Reagan cobbled together to get elected.

The difference is that once in power, Reagan did nothing to pander to the fringe right wingers whose votes he needed to get elected, but these days, evangelicals refuse to vote for anyone who believes in "choice". And Donald J. Trump, who desperately needs to hold onto the right wing evengelical vote is rolling back women's rights as quickly as he can in an effort to pander for their votes.

Why does it matter so much to these radicals that their beliefs be enshrined in law? Why are they trying to control other people's lives? The Founding Fathers were very clear that they wanted a separation of Church and State, and yet radical right wing evangelicals, including an entire sect whose goal it is to take over the government, are working against this most basic of Constitutional principles.

My comment would be that Americans get all excited over EVERY LITTLE THING. Stuff that has no impact on them at all. Like abortion. If you disagree with abortion and think it's wrong, don't have one. But unlike other countries, Americans have to inflict what THEY believe to be right, on others.

Gay marriage is another one. My country has had gay marriage for 15 years. It has no impact on straight people getting married, and is totally a non-issue.

These "little" issues have a huge impact our culture. The left contradicts everything we try to teach our kids about being decent members of society. The overall well-being of society affects us all.

The high rates of single parenthood, of promiscuity, of violence, of drug addiction, of generally shitty behavior can all be attributed to our degrading cultural values.

But I don't mean it. ....

Oh, of course not.

But I don't mean it. ....

Oh, of course not.
That's the post you decided to reply to? Not this one?

Let's try a truth experiment shall we? Try to find one racist believe you think I believe is true. For example, the reason less than 1% of CEO's on the fortune 500 list are black is because they aren't smart enough to be CEO's.

Recently I have found it is Republicans who believe this. At least every Republicans who's being honest. You won't say what you believe I know so piss off troll.

Parker, who was once Pepsi’s senior vice president for human resources, labor relations and global diversity and inclusion, gave one possible reason for the low percentages, and the rapid decline. Since most of the CEOs are white men, “People have a tendency to select individuals that they are familiar with and comfortable with. They are comfortable with their network of the people that they know, therefore the people that get those opportunities tend to look like them.”

Spring-boarding off of Parker’s observations, it is not just black Americans who are having a hard time breaking into the C-suite. In February, 2014, Fortune magazine noted that all minorities composed just over 4 percent of the Fortune 500 CEOs, and there were only 24 women in the top executive post of those companies, or just 4.8 percent.

You are the racist guy who denies this bias exists. In a country as diverse as the USA there can only be one reason why all the CEO's are white men. BIAS you stupid son of a bitch. Right in front of your stereotypical stupid Irish nose.

Forum List

Back