Poll: Should Trump accept a plea deal or risk a trial?

Should Trump accept a plea deal or risk a trial?

• Total voters
I've been listening to various legal experts on CNN and MSNBC talk about how strong and tight the Jack Smith indictment is. Many of them think Trump should seriously consider a plea deal - if one is offered. I think a plea would be better for Trump - but I'd rather see a trial. What do you think?

Read the full indictment here.

If Donald did what he should do, none of this would be happening.

I am cynical. At the end of the day, Trump is Biden's prefered opponent for 2024. They will do what ever it takes to see he wins the primary. If someone like DeSantis wins it, Biden is toast, and Biden's campaign knows it.

Your offering your feelings as a legal argument. That dog won't hunt. Worse, your conspiracy logic is profoundly broken.

And if DeSantis wins, Trump torches the entire GOP with claims of fraud, the election being stolen, and demands for everything to be redone or him simply to be declared the winner.

Exactly as he did when he lost in Cruz in Iowa in 2016

1686594797208-png.794473

And obliterate the GOP. As Trump has built the MAGA movement around personal loyalty to him. Not the GOP.

If he tells them not to vote or tries a third party run, tens of millions of GOP voters will follow him.

So....your conspiracy fails the smell test.

Your offering your feelings as a legal argument. That dog won't hunt. Worse, your conspiracy logic is profoundly broken.

And if DeSantis wins, Trump torches the entire GOP with claims of fraud, the election being stolen, and demands for everything to be redone or him simply to be declared the winner.

1686594797208-png.794473

And obliterate the GOP. As Trump has built the MAGA movement around personal loyalty to him. Not the GOP.

If he tells them not to vote or tries a third party run, tens of millions of GOP voters will follow him.

If DeSantis wins, Trump will be ignored.

and Biden will lose in a landslide...

If DeSantis wins, Trump will be ignored.

Says who? Not MAGA. They love that guy. And if Trump tells them not to vote or goes to a third party, tens of millions follow Trump.

If MAGA was gonna ignore Trump, they would have ignored Trump.

They didn't. MAGA *loves* the narrative that Trump is a victim. Claiming the 'RINOs' screwed Trump over is already messaging they're primed to gobble.

And do regularly.

Says who? Not MAGA. They love that guy. And if Trump tells them not to vote or goes to a third party, tens of millions follow Trump.

If MAGA was gonna ignore Trump, they would have ignored Trump.

They didn't. MAGA *loves* the narrative that Trump is a victim. Claiming the 'RINOs' screwed Trump over is already messaging they're primed to gobble.

And do regularly.
Naw...they hate Biden more than they love Trump.

And the Third Party thing is problematic because of State sore loser laws.

Naw...they hate Biden more than they love Trump.

And the Third Party thing is problematic because of State sore loser laws.

Nah, you just want DeSantis to be viable candidate. And MAGA generally doesn't give a shit about the guy.

So you imagine a scenario where MAGA will ignore Trump and cling to DeSantis.

That's not happening. The MAGA movement is built around personal loyalty to Trump. Not the GOP. And not its candidate. If Trump rails about how the RINOs cheated him, how the primary was fake, how his people shouldn't vote for the cheating GOP candidate that stole the election from him...

.....tens of millions of those rubes will listen.

Nah, you just want DeSantis to be viable candidate. And MAGA generally doesn't give a shit about the guy.

So you imagine a scenario where MAGA will ignore Trump and cling to DeSantis.

That's not happening. The MAGA movement is built around personal loyalty to Trump. Not the GOP. And not its candidate. If Trump rails about how the RINOs cheated him, how the primary was fake, how his people shouldn't vote for the cheating GOP candidate that stole the election from him...

.....tens of millions of those rubes will listen.
I guess we will find out. The point is that the election calculus will drive what Biden's Justice Department does.

Trial, 36 times before they had nothing, same thing here. They are indicting him for something every President has done in the modern era

I am cynical. At the end of the day, Trump is Biden's prefered opponent for 2024. They will do what ever it takes to see he wins the primary. If someone like DeSantis wins it, Biden is toast, and Biden's campaign knows it.
This. If we think there is some grand strategy by smart people on the Democratic side, they want to run against Trump. It is just that monster percentage of the Republican base (cult) the other wanna be nominees are so afraid of. Right now it appears Trump and DeSantis are running mates.

1686594797208-png.794473

Interesting. I will have another craft beer and think this through.

Trial, 36 times before they had nothing, same thing here. They are indicting him for something every President has done in the modern era

Every former president has willfully retained classified documents, lied to investigators, compelled their lawyers to lie to investigators, defied a subpoena for those classified docs, conspired to hide them from authorities, and showed classified docs to other people?

Care to back those claims up with some evidence? Because I'm pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about.

I've been listening to various legal experts on CNN and MSNBC talk about how strong and tight the Jack Smith indictment is. Many of them think Trump should seriously consider a plea deal - if one is offered. I think a plea would be better for Trump - but I'd rather see a trial. What do you think?

Read the full indictment here.
The Garlandstapo won’t offer a plea deal. They want to throw him in prison so he can’t kick Tater’s ass in 2024.

Every former president has willfully retained classified documents, lied to investigators, compelled their lawyers to lie to investigators, defied a subpoena for those classified docs, conspired to hide them from authorities, and showed classified docs to other people?

Care to back those claims up with some evidence? Because I'm pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about.
It is a right wing talking point going around the Trumpster forums.

The Garlandstapo won’t offer a plea deal. They want to throw him in prison so he can’t kick Tater’s ass in 2024.

Come now. Jack Smith is a *much* better special counsel than Durham. If Jack offers a plea deal, it definitely won't be for community service.

Especially with a case as rock solid as the one laid out in the indictment.

I guess we will find out. The point is that the election calculus will drive what Biden's Justice Department does.

The point is your calculus doesn't work. As Trump not getting the nomination breaks the GOP to bits.

So in addition to your claims being profoundly fact free, with you merely assuming that the election calculus is motivating law enforcement decision.....your calculus is predicated on an absurd and nonsensical idea:

That if Trump doesn't win, that MAGA will ignore Trump.

Yeah, history doesn't not support such an assumption.

Forum List

Back