POLL: The ACHA - Can the GOP govern?

If the ACHA doesn't survive, does it prove the GOP can't govern?

• It can govern, it just needs more congresspeople like Mike Lee and Ted Cruz first

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • It can govern, this issue is not a big deal

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • It can't govern, it's too divided between Republicans and Libertarians

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • It can't govern, you can't be anti-government and govern

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Other (Explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mango. Mango, everywhere.

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
Republicans need a leader with the capabilities of Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi

Both knew what it takes to pass legislation. The crafted bills, negotiated changes, assembled the votes needed to pass

Denny Hastert, John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan.....what significant legislation did they actually pass?
You forgot to mention how your Messiah bribed several senators to get Obamacare passed...without one R vote.

You have no idea how legislation gets passed do you?
Yeah...bribing legislators is perfectly acceptable to get progressive legislation passed. Otherwise, it is illegal.

The duopoly is one our biggest failures. Neither party can govern. That much is CLEAR
Agreed, and I suspect we'll continue to see wild swings back and forth until we do something about that.

Regarding the GOP, I think it's just too badly split to function.

The problem with the GOP other than being criminals, is the party has too many progressives like the Ds. As such, we have too many progressives in both parties. Also the Rs have too many pussies in it who are afraid of the elite DNC media. They just want to be left alone to continue enriching and empowering themselves.

Every time Republicans fail, it's because of the progressives. No, it's not. It's because of Republicans. They have no economic ideas which work for the people.

Your government is supposed to be "Of the people, by the people, for the people" and Republican policies help the wealthy, harm the middle and working class, and destroy the poor.

Instead of accepting responsibility for the mess they created after 6 years of governance by Bush and his cut, spend and make war policies, Republicans blamed progressives for the economic and geopolitical chaos created and then blamed Obama who at least cleaned up the economic mess created, despite being hampered by 8 years of Republicans tying his hands and feet behind his back.

In 6 months, Trump has isolated the US, economically and politically, aligned himself with the one government in the world with the will and the capability to destroy your economy, and alienated your allies and trading partners. And threatening war with North Korea is not a smart solution to anything.

And the idiot right wingers are still blaming progressives. You're too stupid to be one person.

Trump hails G-20 ‘success.’ Others see political chaos and American decline.

Welcome the the decline and fall of the USA.
Rs are progressives...so your entire post falls apart. But...thanks for playing.

We were promised for eight (8) years the the GOP had the alternative to the ACA, if we'd only just elect them.

Well, they now have control of the White House, the House, the Senate and State Houses, and it's my understanding that the current Dog Catcher population is primarily GOP as well.

First, as we know, it turns out they never had a plan.

Second, as we know, the "plan" they're trying to roll out is not Repeal & Replace, it's Tweak. That's the best they can do, tweak.

Third, it's 50/50 at best that this "plan" will make it to the President's desk, since the party can't seem to bring its disparate factions together on a deal.

What does the above say about the GOP?

The actions of congress on this issue does reveal that their previous actions were pure showboating bullshit.

And they are certainly having trouble governing on this issue.

BUt the rest of the "Governing" question is going better.

Illegal immigration is down. Deportations are up. Our trading partners are unhappy. Nato is increasing it's defense spending.

No! It proves Rs are just like Ds. Fucking progressives.

lol, well maybe the GOP is making a tiny bit of progress towards the wishes of the RWnuts...

...remember when they had the House and Senate under GW Bush they EXPANDED Medicare.

Trumpcare has about 1/3rd the support that Obamacare had when it was passed, and the GOP was able to use the passage of Obamacare to hammer the Democrats is subsequent elections.

Now what do you suppose the Democrats will be able to do if the GOP passes a healthcare bill 3 times less popular than was Obamacare?

They're not called the Do Nothings for nothing.

OTOH, for 7 years, they've told us they had a "better" replacement. Where is it?

All they've got is a massive tax break for the wealthy. As usual.

Both knew what it takes to pass legislation. The crafted bills, negotiated changes, assembled the votes needed to pass

Denny Hastert, John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan.....what significant legislation did they actually pass?
You forgot to mention how your Messiah bribed several senators to get Obamacare passed...without one R vote.

Yeah...bribing legislators is perfectly acceptable to get progressive legislation passed. Otherwise, it is illegal.

Amazing how naïve you can be

Getting legislation passed has always involved some horse trading......if you give me this, I will give you that

It is not bribery

They're not called the Do Nothings for nothing.

OTOH, for 7 years, they've told us they had a "better" replacement. Where is it?

All they've got is a massive tax break for the wealthy. As usual.

I have yet to see anything in the bill that is better than Obamacare.....unless you consider a big tax cut for billionaires and insurance companies to be better

We were promised for eight (8) years the the GOP had the alternative to the ACA, if we'd only just elect them.

Well, they now have control of the White House, the House, the Senate and State Houses, and it's my understanding that the current Dog Catcher population is primarily GOP as well.

Second, as we know, the "plan" they're trying to roll out is not Repeal & Replace, it's Tweak. That's the best they can do, tweak.

Third, it's 50/50 at best that this "plan" will make it to the President's desk, since the party can't seem to bring its disparate factions together on a deal.

Obamacare would have been fine, only if 100% voluntary… But as usual the federal government fucked it up

Amazing how naïve you can be

Getting legislation passed has always involved some horse trading......if you give me this, I will give you that

It is not bribery
You outed yourself as a fool...but I knew that long ago.

Obama BRIBED his way to passing a bill that sucks and does nothing to improve HC in America and for this, you are so proud of him

You have nothing in common with the 1% elite left, yet you agree with them on all things.

ACA isn't going anywhere. That was a campaign lies down has been since 2010. But all the political drama aside, the bill is pretty much working through as it was designed to. Here, this helps little kids understand how it go's, it should help the drama queens until they watch news again and get all worked up.

So really the situation is normal as far as the bill go's. What's not normal are the political and their slaves who don't understand basic juniors high civics.

lol, well maybe the GOP is making a tiny bit of progress towards the wishes of the RWnuts...

...remember when they had the House and Senate under GW Bush they EXPANDED Medicare.
Just like Ds...the parties are very much alike, but you think they are different.

Obamacare would have been fine, only if 100% voluntary… But as usual the federal government fucked it up
It would have failed if not compulsory. They needed to force healthy Americans to buy it, so as to subsidize poor Americans who received it free or nearly free. It is the Progressive Way!

It would have failed if not compulsory. They needed to force healthy Americans to buy it, so as to subsidize poor Americans who received it free or nearly free. It is the Progressive Way!
Further, it put myriad restrictions on insurers that increased premiums.

It was/is a pig of a law, and the GOP wants to give us Pig II.

Further, it put myriad restrictions on insurers that increased premiums.

It was/is a pig of a law, and the GOP wants to give us Pig II.
Exactly...and the elite DNC media will blame the Rs which will cause the Ds to take back Congress and yet, millions of Americans will fail to see they are being set up once again.

I rather have them do it right than do it quick. Of course, at first they float ideas that benefit only their lobbyist insurance friends 100%.

The federal government was correct

Everyone should be covered....even if you are too stupid to realize it

The federal government was correct

Everyone should be covered....even if you are too stupid to realize it

Indeed, the Stalinist way is always the best. Dare someone disagree with me!

From what I've heard, the health care bill is tied to tax reform in some way.

If they can't get their act together, I wonder if there would be a domino effect.

I think it comes down to the Republicans needing Reconciliation to get their bills passed. Without 60% of the Senate vote, the bill needs to be revenue neutral in order to use reconciliation

Forum List

Back