POLL: The ACHA - Can the GOP govern?

If the ACHA doesn't survive, does it prove the GOP can't govern?

• It can govern, it just needs more congresspeople like Mike Lee and Ted Cruz first

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • It can govern, this issue is not a big deal

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • It can't govern, it's too divided between Republicans and Libertarians

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • It can't govern, you can't be anti-government and govern

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Other (Explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mango. Mango, everywhere.

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
We were promised for eight (8) years the the GOP had the alternative to the ACA, if we'd only just elect them.

Well, they now have control of the White House, the House, the Senate and State Houses, and it's my understanding that the current Dog Catcher population is primarily GOP as well.

First, as we know, it turns out they never had a plan.

Second, as we know, the "plan" they're trying to roll out is not Repeal & Replace, it's Tweak. That's the best they can do, tweak.

Third, it's 50/50 at best that this "plan" will make it to the President's desk, since the party can't seem to bring its disparate factions together on a deal.

What does the above say about the GOP?

It says the GOP is not monolithic like the Dims.

Then why can't they pass even simple legislation?

Last edited:
The problem for the ignorant left is that they think "the ability to govern" translates to passing every bill, no matter how flawed, without debate in order to insure some sort of party unity. That's not how government works.

We were promised for eight (8) years the the GOP had the alternative to the ACA, if we'd only just elect them.

Well, they now have control of the White House, the House, the Senate and State Houses, and it's my understanding that the current Dog Catcher population is primarily GOP as well.

Second, as we know, the "plan" they're trying to roll out is not Repeal & Replace, it's Tweak. That's the best they can do, tweak.

Third, it's 50/50 at best that this "plan" will make it to the President's desk, since the party can't seem to bring its disparate factions together on a deal.

They may not be monolithic, but it's time to govern now. If they can't do anything about something as big as the ACA, that sure isn't a good sign.

Oh please!

You have Collins and her gang that are RINOs on social issues, and you have the Rand Paul and his gang that will not spend a dime on any social issues, and you have the same setup in the House. There are plenty of Republicans in the middle, but not enough to win out over Dims obstruction. If 50 votes are required, that gives you room enough for 1 to vote no because they want to repeal, 1 to vote no because they want to replace, and any more in either category means it will not fly!

Trying to get those disparate factions to agree will be a feat for political historians to talk about for centuries.
That's my point, the party is too divided to effectively govern.

Hi stupid ass.

Personally, I have said and I maintain that the GOP cannot do anything.

The day this single payer Trojan horse was passed, was the day that we are destined for single payer.

It became a political third rail issue, just like social security.

It is politically impossible to take away something that was GIVEN to millions of people.

There are hard line conservatives trying to do the right thing. No, Trump is not one of those. He is trying to pass obamacare light, but it won't get passed.

Probably better, considering that the bill Trump is trying to pass will be doomed to failure too. Since it is too much like obamacare.

The obamabots like this mac asshole does not care. They have already shown themselves to ignorant partisan left wing hacks.

The funny thing about this mac asshole is he does not consider himself to be partisan. He is so stupid that he voted for hillary and is proud of it.
You'll notice that several other conservatives/Republicans were happy to provide thoughtful, civil responses to the thread without going drama queen on me.

Maybe try that sometime. It really isn't that tough, ask them.
I did, but I wanted to call you an asshole anyway, since all of your pathetic insinuations reveal your ignorance.

They are stating the right things to do, but as I said, it is a political 3rd rail issue.

Trump, like almost every president won't be able to fulfill all of his campaign promises.

If the republicans REPEAL without replacement, it will be a complete political disaster. The media will have a field day with their robin hood narrative. Endless stories of republicans causing the deaths of millions. Millions with diabetes being kicked off insurance etc.

Imagine a party ending social security. That is what it would be like. It is politically impossible to repeal it.

As I said, we are on track for single payer and there is really nothing they can do about it.

Let's hope they can replace it with something sensible, not single payer. Even Cali didn't pass single payer and the government simply can't afford such thing.
Unfortunately, the replacement is not going to be able to save it. The cockroach in this whole issue is the preexisting condition issue. That is the problem.

Millions right now (including republican voters) are getting coverage that they NEED. If that is taken away from them, it will be a disaster.

Now, if they dont take it away, then the death spiral will continue. The reason for the mandates was to make sure those insurance companies dont go broke in providing treatment for those who NEED IT.

Trump is trying to take away those mandates that are crushing the small business owner. They are getting crushed by the mandates.

Without those mandates, it will be good for the small business owner, but the premiums will sky rocket for those with the preexisting conditions who cannot afford it but NEED it. Right now, MILLIONS have it. Cannot take it away and cannot raise those premiums.

It was a single payer trojan horse and John Roberts is to blame. No need to trying to communicate with the left. They are losers. Ignorant hypocritical losers.

Maybe there will be an outrage, but so what. The other alternative is that government runs out of money, then SS, medicare, medicaid and Obamacare go bust shortly. There simply is no money for the disaster that is single payer.

There are plenty of options to choose from anyway. The whole thing could be repealed effectively by simply enacting a transition period. No outrage bullshit. This is not going to happen though... what needs to happen is that the politicians say screw it to the lobby. With Trump that may even be possible.

They may not be monolithic, but it's time to govern now. If they can't do anything about something as big as the ACA, that sure isn't a good sign.

Oh please!

You have Collins and her gang that are RINOs on social issues, and you have the Rand Paul and his gang that will not spend a dime on any social issues, and you have the same setup in the House. There are plenty of Republicans in the middle, but not enough to win out over Dims obstruction. If 50 votes are required, that gives you room enough for 1 to vote no because they want to repeal, 1 to vote no because they want to replace, and any more in either category means it will not fly!

Trying to get those disparate factions to agree will be a feat for political historians to talk about for centuries.
Good Lord, stop with your partisan shit hypocrite. I guess you don't want me to list the endless broken promises by your skinny marxist.

What I do not know is you won't give two shits about any of them. You will just spout how Trump failed in his keeping this promise.

The funny thing about you is you don't think you are partisan. You are the worst kind of partisan hack. Unlike me, I don't hide my contempt for everything on the left. You are a partisan who thinks you are not partisan.

Funny.

It was an ambitious promise, and I do not think they will be able to get done. Of course I will be waiting for you to blame Trump when obamacare fails. Just like you guys blamed Bush for the housing bubble, even though it was liberals and liberal policies that caused it in 2008.

Oh please!

Good Lord, stop with your partisan shit hypocrite. I guess you don't want me to list the endless broken promises by your skinny marxist.

What I do not know is you won't give two shits about any of them. You will just spout how Trump failed in his keeping this promise.

The funny thing about you is you don't think you are partisan. You are the worst kind of partisan hack. Unlike me, I don't hide my contempt for everything on the left. You are a partisan who thinks you are not partisan.

Funny.

It was an ambitious promise, and I do not think they will be able to get done. Of course I will be waiting for you to blame Trump when obamacare fails. Just like you guys blamed Bush for the housing bubble, even though it was liberals and liberal policies that caused it in 2008.
I wasn't talking to you. And yet, I wonder if you realize you engage in precisely the same deflect/pivot/attack strategy that the regressives here do.

It must be terrible, being so similar to those you so loathe.

Since you keep trying to make this about me, I'll refer you to my sig. It's for people just like you, and I made it as simple as I could.

You're welcome.

The duopoly is one our biggest failures. Neither party can govern. That much is CLEAR
agreed. I really hope that Petersen gets the LP nomination in 20. We did better than we ever have in our history with th eweakest and worst candidate we could find(GJ). with good candidates, you could see the LP make some gains on a state level, and maybe even in congress.

Oh please!

Funny.

I wasn't talking to you. And yet, I wonder if you realize you engage in precisely the same deflect/pivot/attack strategy that the regressives here do.

It must be terrible, being so similar to those you so loathe.

Since you keep trying to make this about me, I'll refer you to my sig. It's for people just like you, and I made it as simple as I could.

You're welcome.
You see, you think your farts smell like roses and that is what makes you a piece of shit. Your entire poll and the whole purpose was to attack the GOP. Asking if they can govern. Your rhetorical question followed by your sarcastic choices....

What I cannot tell is if you actually believe your own bullshit, or do you lie on purpose. I think you believe you are just above the fray and truly believe you are neutral.

Did you ignore ALL of the broken promises by obama? Is obamacare a success to you?

As it is, you still deny that clinton signed the Iraq Liberation Act for WMDs along with voting for the LIBERATION of Iraq.

You are a partisan hack and this thread reflects what you are. You may not see it. I do. Dick.

The duopoly is one our biggest failures. Neither party can govern. That much is CLEAR
agreed. I really hope that Petersen gets the LP nomination in 20. We did better than we ever have in our history with th eweakest and worst candidate we could find(GJ). with good candidates, you could see the LP make some gains on a state level, and maybe even in congress.
I really thought last year would be a GREAT time for other parties to get their foot in the door, so to speak.
Instead, they ran a borderline retard and the green party ran a LWNJ that likes to deface private property SMH

The problem for the ignorant left is that they think "the ability to govern" translates to passing every bill, no matter how flawed, without debate in order to insure some sort of party unity. That's not how government works.

Republicans cannot pass ANY bill

They have been promising a balanced budget, repeal of Obamacare, tax reform, a wall for ten years.....if only they were put in charge

Well, Republicans control the Government....why can't they get the simplest things done?

I really thought last year would be a GREAT time for other parties to get their foot in the door, so to speak.
Instead, they ran a borderline retard and the green party ran a LWNJ that likes to deface private property SMH
as wacky as this is, I think John Macafee would have done at least twice as good as Mr Bake the cake(you gotta admit, 2016 was more like smackdown than a serious election)

as wacky as this is, I think John Macafee would have done at least twice as good as Mr Bake the cake(you gotta admit, 2016 was more like smackdown than a serious election)
Did you see the LP debates? That young kid is a fucking FIRECRACKER
Was he peterson that you mentioned? I REALLY liked that guy in the debates.

Did you see the LP debates? That young kid is a fucking FIRECRACKER
Was he peterson that you mentioned? I REALLY liked that guy in the debates.
yeah the kid is petersen...that kid is going somewhere

They have been promising a balanced budget, repeal of Obamacare, tax reform, a wall for ten years.....if only they were put in charge

Well, Republicans control the Government....why can't they get the simplest things done?
Trump's rise clouded the fact that the GOP is at least two different parties.

Now that it's time to govern, we're being reminded of that fact.

do you think that the dems are more united or just as divided as the repubs

Well, they sure as hell have issues of their own, but the GOP is so divided that it can't move.

Well, they sure as hell have issues of their own, but the GOP is so divided that it can't move.
but they cant break ranks, because that would insure leftist control over government for a generation

From what I've heard, the health care bill is tied to tax reform in some way.

If they can't get their act together, I wonder if there would be a domino effect.

Yep, 3.8% tax for people making over $250,000
Insurance companies tax on each policy sold on an exchange.
Medical device tax
Tanning tax
And a tax for this and that all tied into ACA
They call pharma portion of what they pay when a senior is in the donut hole Part D a tax.

Oh and the penalty tax for not having it.

but they cant break ranks, because that would insure leftist control over government for a generation
Right! You'd think the GOP would want the same thing for themselves, but that evidently isn't the case.

Oh please!

No. They can govern, but somebody has got to give in.

Forum List

Back