POLL: The ACHA - Can the GOP govern?

If the ACHA doesn't survive, does it prove the GOP can't govern?

• It can govern, it just needs more congresspeople like Mike Lee and Ted Cruz first

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • It can govern, this issue is not a big deal

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • It can't govern, it's too divided between Republicans and Libertarians

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • It can't govern, you can't be anti-government and govern

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Other (Explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mango. Mango, everywhere.

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
Republicans need a leader with the capabilities of Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi

Both knew what it takes to pass legislation. The crafted bills, negotiated changes, assembled the votes needed to pass

Denny Hastert, John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan.....what significant legislation did they actually pass?
You forgot to mention how your Messiah bribed several senators to get Obamacare passed...without one R vote.

You have no idea how legislation gets passed do you?
Yeah...bribing legislators is perfectly acceptable to get progressive legislation passed. Otherwise, it is illegal.
Which members of Congress have been bribed?

We were promised for eight (8) years the the GOP had the alternative to the ACA, if we'd only just elect them.

Well, they now have control of the White House, the House, the Senate and State Houses, and it's my understanding that the current Dog Catcher population is primarily GOP as well.

First, as we know, it turns out they never had a plan.

Second, as we know, the "plan" they're trying to roll out is not Repeal & Replace, it's Tweak. That's the best they can do, tweak.

Third, it's 50/50 at best that this "plan" will make it to the President's desk, since the party can't seem to bring its disparate factions together on a deal.

What does the above say about the GOP?
Obamacare would have been fine, only if 100% voluntary… But as usual the federal government fucked it up

The federal government was correct

Everyone should be covered....even if you are too stupid to realize it

Indeed, the Stalinist way is always the best. Dare someone disagree with me!

Actually, universal healthcare is the best solution. Americans are just too dumb to realize it

We were promised for eight (8) years the the GOP had the alternative to the ACA, if we'd only just elect them.

Well, they now have control of the White House, the House, the Senate and State Houses, and it's my understanding that the current Dog Catcher population is primarily GOP as well.

Second, as we know, the "plan" they're trying to roll out is not Repeal & Replace, it's Tweak. That's the best they can do, tweak.

Third, it's 50/50 at best that this "plan" will make it to the President's desk, since the party can't seem to bring its disparate factions together on a deal.

Obamacare would have been fine, only if 100% voluntary… But as usual the federal government fucked it up

Actually, universal healthcare is the best solution. Americans are just too dumb to realize it

Are you even an American? Talking about how other foreign nations should do thing - except of course, if they are Muslim 3rd world countries. What a loon.

Republicans need a leader with the capabilities of Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi

Both knew what it takes to pass legislation. The crafted bills, negotiated changes, assembled the votes needed to pass

Denny Hastert, John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan.....what significant legislation did they actually pass?
You forgot to mention how your Messiah bribed several senators to get Obamacare passed...without one R vote.

You have no idea how legislation gets passed do you?
Yeah...bribing legislators is perfectly acceptable to get progressive legislation passed. Otherwise, it is illegal.

Amazing how naïve you can be

Getting legislation passed has always involved some horse trading......if you give me this, I will give you that

It is not bribery
You outed yourself as a fool...but I knew that long ago.

Obama BRIBED his way to passing a bill that sucks and does nothing to improve HC in America and for this, you are so proud of him

You have nothing in common with the 1% elite left, yet you agree with them on all things.

You be the fool....

Unable to realize how bills get passed

Are you even an American? Talking about how other foreign nations should do thing - except of course, if they are Muslim 3rd world countries. What a loon.

WTF does that post mean?
:ack-1::cuckoo:

He is a loon alright.

He vomits all over the board every day EXACTLY what the DNC media tell him.

WTF does that post mean?

It means exactly what it says... what a loon.

WTF does that post mean?

It means exactly what it says... what a loon.

Norman

You are not too bright and kinda creepy

Think I'll just deal with posters who bring more to the table

Hi stupid ass.

Personally, I have said and I maintain that the GOP cannot do anything.

The day this single payer Trojan horse was passed, was the day that we are destined for single payer.

It became a political third rail issue, just like social security.

It is politically impossible to take away something that was GIVEN to millions of people.

There are hard line conservatives trying to do the right thing. No, Trump is not one of those. He is trying to pass obamacare light, but it won't get passed.

Probably better, considering that the bill Trump is trying to pass will be doomed to failure too. Since it is too much like obamacare.

The obamabots like this mac asshole does not care. They have already shown themselves to ignorant partisan left wing hacks.

The funny thing about this mac asshole is he does not consider himself to be partisan. He is so stupid that he voted for hillary and is proud of it.

Hi stupid ass.

The day this single payer Trojan horse was passed, was the day that we are destined for single payer.

It is politically impossible to take away something that was GIVEN to millions of people.

There are hard line conservatives trying to do the right thing. No, Trump is not one of those. He is trying to pass obamacare light, but it won't get passed.

Probably better, considering that the bill Trump is trying to pass will be doomed to failure too. Since it is too much like obamacare.

The obamabots like this mac asshole does not care. They have already shown themselves to ignorant partisan left wing hacks.

The funny thing about this mac asshole is he does not consider himself to be partisan. He is so stupid that he voted for hillary and is proud of it.
You'll notice that several other conservatives/Republicans were happy to provide thoughtful, civil responses to the thread without going drama queen on me.

Maybe try that sometime. It really isn't that tough, ask them.

The democrat version of the ACA is not survivable after eight years and is imploding as we speak. We know it was passed with bribes and intimidation and even the House Speaker at the time didn't read it. What does it say about the democrat party's ability to govern?

Hi stupid ass.

You'll notice that several other conservatives/Republicans were happy to provide thoughtful, civil responses to the thread without going drama queen on me.

I did, but I wanted to call you an asshole anyway, since all of your pathetic insinuations reveal your ignorance.

They are stating the right things to do, but as I said, it is a political 3rd rail issue.

Trump, like almost every president won't be able to fulfill all of his campaign promises.

If the republicans REPEAL without replacement, it will be a complete political disaster. The media will have a field day with their robin hood narrative. Endless stories of republicans causing the deaths of millions. Millions with diabetes being kicked off insurance etc.

Imagine a party ending social security. That is what it would be like. It is politically impossible to repeal it.

As I said, we are on track for single payer and there is really nothing they can do about it.

The dirty little secret is that there is no independent thought allowed in the democrat party. Even when the Speaker makes a foolish statement "you will find out what's in the Bill after it is passed" the democrat minions will sign it because they are ordered to. The last democrat who showed an independent streak was Joe Lieberman and they kicked him out of the party even though he had been the V.P. candidate. Americans are aware of it even though the democrats still play by tired old strategy that was obsolete decades ago. That's why democrats lost almost every important election in the last eight years and continue to lose.

Never thought the ACA was great, & neither did those who passed the bill. year of debate trade offs every one left & right put a finger in the pie. it was a start, the insurance co where in full rip off mode, cost more, give less, deny claims . our leaders could have worked together to fix improve 7 years latter we could have had a fair health care bill. instead they choice to make it political. and try to destroy not build. sad

It says the GOP is not monolithic like the Dims.

Hi stupid ass.

I did, but I wanted to call you an asshole anyway, since all of your pathetic insinuations reveal your ignorance.

They are stating the right things to do, but as I said, it is a political 3rd rail issue.

Trump, like almost every president won't be able to fulfill all of his campaign promises.

If the republicans REPEAL without replacement, it will be a complete political disaster. The media will have a field day with their robin hood narrative. Endless stories of republicans causing the deaths of millions. Millions with diabetes being kicked off insurance etc.

Imagine a party ending social security. That is what it would be like. It is politically impossible to repeal it.

As I said, we are on track for single payer and there is really nothing they can do about it.

Let's hope they can replace it with something sensible, not single payer. Even Cali didn't pass single payer and the government simply can't afford such thing.

They may not be monolithic, but it's time to govern now. If they can't do anything about something as big as the ACA, that sure isn't a good sign.

The duopoly is one our biggest failures. Neither party can govern. That much is CLEAR
Agreed, and I suspect we'll continue to see wild swings back and forth until we do something about that.

Regarding the GOP, I think it's just too badly split to function.

The problem with the GOP other than being criminals, is the party has too many progressives like the Ds. As such, we have too many progressives in both parties. Also the Rs have too many pussies in it who are afraid of the elite DNC media. They just want to be left alone to continue enriching and empowering themselves.

Every time Republicans fail, it's because of the progressives. No, it's not. It's because of Republicans. They have no economic ideas which work for the people.

Your government is supposed to be "Of the people, by the people, for the people" and Republican policies help the wealthy, harm the middle and working class, and destroy the poor.

Instead of accepting responsibility for the mess they created after 6 years of governance by Bush and his cut, spend and make war policies, Republicans blamed progressives for the economic and geopolitical chaos created and then blamed Obama who at least cleaned up the economic mess created, despite being hampered by 8 years of Republicans tying his hands and feet behind his back.

In 6 months, Trump has isolated the US, economically and politically, aligned himself with the one government in the world with the will and the capability to destroy your economy, and alienated your allies and trading partners. And threatening war with North Korea is not a smart solution to anything.

And the idiot right wingers are still blaming progressives. You're too stupid to be one person.

Trump hails G-20 ‘success.’ Others see political chaos and American decline.

Welcome the the decline and fall of the USA.

Are you trying to challenge for the title of "Most bullshit in a single post"?

Hi stupid ass.

Let's hope they can replace it with something sensible, not single payer. Even Cali didn't pass single payer and the government simply can't afford such thing.
Unfortunately, the replacement is not going to be able to save it. The cockroach in this whole issue is the preexisting condition issue. That is the problem.

Millions right now (including republican voters) are getting coverage that they NEED. If that is taken away from them, it will be a disaster.

Now, if they dont take it away, then the death spiral will continue. The reason for the mandates was to make sure those insurance companies dont go broke in providing treatment for those who NEED IT.

Trump is trying to take away those mandates that are crushing the small business owner. They are getting crushed by the mandates.

Without those mandates, it will be good for the small business owner, but the premiums will sky rocket for those with the preexisting conditions who cannot afford it but NEED it. Right now, MILLIONS have it. Cannot take it away and cannot raise those premiums.

It was a single payer trojan horse and John Roberts is to blame. No need to trying to communicate with the left. They are losers. Ignorant hypocritical losers.

They may not be monolithic, but it's time to govern now. If they can't do anything about something as big as the ACA, that sure isn't a good sign.

Oh please!

You have Collins and her gang that are RINOs on social issues, and you have the Rand Paul and his gang that will not spend a dime on any social issues, and you have the same setup in the House. There are plenty of Republicans in the middle, but not enough to win out over Dims obstruction. If 50 votes are required, that gives you room enough for 1 to vote no because they want to repeal, 1 to vote no because they want to replace, and any more in either category means it will not fly!

Trying to get those disparate factions to agree will be a feat for political historians to talk about for centuries.

Forum List

Back