POLL: Ugly Politics

What's your motivation for attacking the other side?

• They do it to us, so I'll do it back.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • I hate them and just want to hurt them in any way I can.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • I think that insulting and mocking them will open their eyes to the Truth.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • It makes me feel a little better about myself and my positions.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • It's just an online catharsis.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • I mostly do it in support of those who agree with me.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I'll never change their mind, so fuck 'em, I'll insult them.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Mango/Other

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters
Let's assume that most people here enjoy how ugly our politics have become. The Righties jumped all over Obama for every real, perceived, supposed or imagined sin, and the Lefties are doing the same with Trump. It's all reflected on USMB all day, every day. Absolutely as nasty and dirty and ugly as possible, 24/7.

So what motivates you to do this? Choose whatever answers are appropriate.

I'll bite. I'm so very tired of the shit show that is our current political system. The constant insults to the collective intelligence of American society was pretty bad during the Obama years. It's fucking unbearable now. I'm done. I will shame both sides of the political spectrum equally when I spot the cognitive dissonance and to hell with feelings. There is lots of blame to go around when it comes to the American voter, but the biggest misstep seems a fundamental lack of education when it comes to politics. Nothing new.

The democrats most likely rigged their primaries to give Clinton (the worst candidate I've seen in many years) the nomination. Boo. The Republicans most likely rigged the election to get the biggest douche bag ever elected to the Oval Office. Double boo. We have no 'winners' here, just a gallery of 1%er scoundrels working for themselves, as usual. The American public has been an afterthought at best for decades.

What am I supposed to do about that? Rejoice? Slit my wrists? Real life is too exciting to let the political minutia sway my mood. America will continue to receive the leadership it deserves until it gets off of its fat ass and does something about it. Embrace the schadenfreude.
We Dems did not rig anything. You probably mean superdelegates. Bernie should have joined the party, it was his own fault. Why would a Dem super vote for a non Dem? Why would the DNC favor a non Dem?

And the punchline is that Hillary won against bernie w/o the supers.

trump was smart enough to join the GOP to take full advantage of party politics.

You can go back to 2008 and Hillary also had the initial super lead. Obama stole them, ALL of them. Our system works.

Bernie actually did join the party, for the duration of the run. He was sabotaged because he hadn't already been with the party before (not a loyal soldier).

To his credit as soon as he was eliminated he threw that off and went back to Independent, declaring that's how he was elected to the Senate and that's how he would serve.

Well, my argument is that the Regressives played a role in 2016, cramming PC & Identity Politics down the country's throat until it choked and pushed back. The liberals in the videos I posted earlier agree..

So given that definition is Rump a "Regressive"? Cramming "identity politics" like the continuous polarizations of "they're rapists" and "shutdown of Muslims" and "beat the crap out of 'em -- I'll pay your legal fees" and "bleeding from her wherever" and "they're laughing at us" and "you are fake news" and "fire the sumbitches"?
No, but you can try to commandeer the term if you'd like.

I'm not interested in the term really. I just want to know, if that's your definition, why Rump doesn't fit right in there. Because if what he's trolling is not "identity politics" I'm the Queen of Belgium.

Apparently the OP is just going to walk away and pretend the double standard above never happened.
Or I'm just not paying that much attention to you. I see that troubles you, sorry.

In my opinion, the term Identity Politics has a specific big-picture meaning, and Trump, being his own brand of crazy, does not qualify.

If you disagree, then we disagree. I realize you're approaching this from a certain political perspective.

There's a way shorter way to say that, which I already noted --- "double standard".

I'm just noting that you employed it.

It's a fallacy of course, but it's also instructive.

Last edited:
Let's assume that most people here enjoy how ugly our politics have become. The Righties jumped all over Obama for every real, perceived, supposed or imagined sin, and the Lefties are doing the same with Trump. It's all reflected on USMB all day, every day. Absolutely as nasty and dirty and ugly as possible, 24/7.

I'll bite. I'm so very tired of the shit show that is our current political system. The constant insults to the collective intelligence of American society was pretty bad during the Obama years. It's fucking unbearable now. I'm done. I will shame both sides of the political spectrum equally when I spot the cognitive dissonance and to hell with feelings. There is lots of blame to go around when it comes to the American voter, but the biggest misstep seems a fundamental lack of education when it comes to politics. Nothing new.

The democrats most likely rigged their primaries to give Clinton (the worst candidate I've seen in many years) the nomination. Boo. The Republicans most likely rigged the election to get the biggest douche bag ever elected to the Oval Office. Double boo. We have no 'winners' here, just a gallery of 1%er scoundrels working for themselves, as usual. The American public has been an afterthought at best for decades.

What am I supposed to do about that? Rejoice? Slit my wrists? Real life is too exciting to let the political minutia sway my mood. America will continue to receive the leadership it deserves until it gets off of its fat ass and does something about it. Embrace the schadenfreude.
We Dems did not rig anything. You probably mean superdelegates. Bernie should have joined the party, it was his own fault. Why would a Dem super vote for a non Dem? Why would the DNC favor a non Dem?

trump was smart enough to join the GOP to take full advantage of party politics.

You can go back to 2008 and Hillary also had the initial super lead. Obama stole them, ALL of them. Our system works.

I disagree. Read the findings of the court case brought against the DNC. Even the court believes Debbie Wasserman Schultz stacked the deck in favor of Clinton, which cost Bernie super delegates. Dirty, dirty stuff.

Bernie actually did join the party, for the duration of the run. He was sabotaged because he hadn't already been with the party before (not a loyal soldier).

To his credit as soon as he was eliminated he threw that off and went back to Independent, declaring that's how he was elected to the Senate and that's how he would serve.
He claimed he was running as a Democrat but never joined the party.

I was thinking more of the general madness that has taken over political discussion. Believing any and every rumor that puts the other side in a bad light. Personal attacks, name-calling, distortions, deflection, straw man arguments, outright lies.

Full disclosure: I do admit that it's possible it's no worse than before, but it sure as hell seems that way to me.

Y'know, when I see something that is broken, my impulse is to fix it, not make it worse. So a lot of this just doesn't make sense to me.
Cons started it. We libs are learning quickly. Getting hit hard over the head with the 2016 2x4 has taught us that we need to raise the temperature to thermonuclear
Well, my argument is that the Regressives played a role in 2016, cramming PC & Identity Politics down the country's throat until it choked and pushed back. The liberals in the videos I posted earlier agree.
My team does not have conhatelie&cryradio that started with Rush. Your side has been thermonuclear for decades.

I will admit that getting my team out to vote is damn hard. Your side is lucky we don't vote or you would never win another election.

As far as Identity Politics goes, of course you all hate it. You only have one identity ~ white males women who obey.
Actually, I'm a left-leaning Independent, I voted for Hillary. I'm just horrified about what has happened to the Democrats.

And I agree. If I were to point to one place at which this madness started, I would point to Rush and his merry band of copycats.

I'm virulently anti-PC and anti-Identity Politics because they are divisive, dishonest and counter-productive.
Really? Cool, there is hope for both of us.

Yeah the far left is destroying us and playing right into the Cons hands. The far left falls in love, then do not act logically. If they don't get their way, they stay home or even vote for the other team in spite. Cons know how to hold their nose and herd. The far left doesn't even know the word midterms. That is when republicans get power and don't even get me started on state and local elections.

Hmmm. If one pays attention to mid terms,can they be a far lefty?

My reason is not in the poll.

I simply like to point out the false logic, hypocrisy, and lack of common sense that most Progs/Snowflakes/Libbies/Dems show on nearly every issue.

Their paradigm makes no sense. The Prog puppet masters tell the snowflakes what to think,. and the snowflakes lap it up like Monica Lewinsky lapping up the Presidential penis.

You can always get to a Prog by simply telling the truth and sticking to facts. They cannot operate in a world of truth and facts. They have to lie about their true intentions.
Do you think you (or anyone else, for that matter) ever change minds, or at least cause second thoughts?

I have helped people I know personally to be a bit more educated on issues. One of my best friends voted twice for Obama, but then voted for Trump because I showed him how corrupt Hillary is.

Another pal voted for Hillary because his wife was sexually assaulted when she was a teenager, so TRUMP IS BAD. (They don't mind bill Clinton, though.....odd hypocrisy)

I am hopeful that I have changed a few minds, but likely not very many.....certainly not online. Online Progs don't want any truth or facts. They flat out admit it.

How does your friend like you now?

I simply like to point out the false logic, hypocrisy, and lack of common sense that most Progs/Snowflakes/Libbies/Dems show on nearly every issue.

Their paradigm makes no sense. The Prog puppet masters tell the snowflakes what to think,. and the snowflakes lap it up like Monica Lewinsky lapping up the Presidential penis.

You can always get to a Prog by simply telling the truth and sticking to facts. They cannot operate in a world of truth and facts. They have to lie about their true intentions.
Do you think you (or anyone else, for that matter) ever change minds, or at least cause second thoughts?

I have helped people I know personally to be a bit more educated on issues. One of my best friends voted twice for Obama, but then voted for Trump because I showed him how corrupt Hillary is.

Another pal vote for Hillary because his wife was sexually assaulted when she was a teenager, so TRUMP IS BAD. (They don't mind bill Clinton, though.....odd hypocrisy)

I am hopeful that I have changed a few minds, but likely not very many.....certainly not online. Online Progs don't want any truth or facts. They flat out admit it.
Yeah, I've pretty much given up trying to have a meaningful conversation online. Seems to me people tend to inflate their political persona to a point where it's pretty much pointless. It's much easier to communicate with someone in person.

The day you genuinely wish to have a meaningful conversation is the day you will have one.

Another pal voted for Hillary because his wife was sexually assaulted when she was a teenager, so TRUMP IS BAD. (They don't mind bill Clinton, though.....odd hypocrisy)

I referred to 2 different friends, which one are you referring?

Another pal vote for Hillary because his wife was sexually assaulted when she was a teenager, so TRUMP IS BAD. (They don't mind bill Clinton, though.....odd hypocrisy)

Yeah, I've pretty much given up trying to have a meaningful conversation online. Seems to me people tend to inflate their political persona to a point where it's pretty much pointless. It's much easier to communicate with someone in person.

The day you genuinely wish to have a meaningful conversation is the day you will have one.
Fortunately they do happen from time to time, and I enjoy them. There are some decent people here.

I referred to 2 different friends, which one are you referring?

The one you made up out of whole cloth.

Fortunately they do happen from time to time, and I enjoy them. There are some decent people here.

That is true. There are some decent people here.

Why not have a voice conversation with a few of them Saturday night? We will be having a fun podcast. You can call in. The details can be found in the FZ.

The left has been doing this for decades. The right has been fighting back only since the internet made it possible to get around the Leftwing MSM censors. The harder the right wails on the left the better.

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Yo bripat9643 ! Where ya been, bitch? You owe me a list.

The left has been doing this for decades. The right has been fighting back only since the internet made it possible to get around the Leftwing MSM censors. The harder the right wails on the left the better.

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Mac, you need to face one fact.

It was the left who indulged in character assassination, ridicule, and marginalization according to procedure as written by Saul Alinsky

A leftist sociopath said:
“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”

“…you do what you can with what you have and clothe it with moral arguments.”

– Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals

The bed wetters were not prepared for the fact that their asinine policies and failed philosophies would become the subject of ridicule and end up losing public support. They used to have a monopoly on information, now news stories like this:

Transgender Wyoming woman convicted of sexually assaulting 10-year-old girl in bathroom

Undermine their globalist agenda. Most people are sick of these malcontents and their bullshit. It may even lead to a civil war, but it will be short and sweet. The libturds in their near sighted nihilistic views did not consider the outcome of attempting to brainwash the masses to hate guns. Only their zealots were indoctrinated and remain mostly terrified of guns. The people who resist conformity love freedom and have weapons. It's a battle the moonbats set themselves up to fail.

Been a democrat all my, never been a liberal, they have destroyed my party, I will not forgive them and will expose them every chance I get...they have reared several generations of Americans who just cannot think or see...btw, gun violence only became a problem since the 60's and the rise/infection of liberalism and it is plaguing liberal areas at a far greater rate than conservative which is the Libs and cons are taking the sides they take in this.
I usually divide that end into actual liberals - the people you and I probably like - and the Regressives, aka the illiberal leftist authoritarians who have taken over the party.

Once again --- "Liberal" and "Authoritarian" are polar opposites. You can't use one as an adjective to the other's noun. And neither of them refer to a "party".
Looks like we disagree.

Who saw that coming, right? :lol:
So make the case if you care to. :meow:

You know me --- I don't come unarmed. :deal: (<< dictionary)

Been a democrat all my, never been a liberal, they have destroyed my party, I will not forgive them and will expose them every chance I get...they have reared several generations of Americans who just cannot think or see...btw, gun violence only became a problem since the 60's and the rise/infection of liberalism and it is plaguing liberal areas at a far greater rate than conservative which is the Libs and cons are taking the sides they take in this.
I usually divide that end into actual liberals - the people you and I probably like - and the Regressives, aka the illiberal leftist authoritarians who have taken over the party.

Once again --- "Liberal" and "Authoritarian" are polar opposites. You can't use one as an adjective to the other's noun. It would be like saying "cold heat".

And neither of them refer to a "party". Parties and philosophies are two different things with two different functions.

There are no true liberals on this board, just far left drones that would much rather watch the world burn than admit they are wrong!

Thanks for confirming both my first post and my last one, in one swell foop.

Yes we know the far left drones hate anything not far left, do not pretend to be innocent in these matters. Just like a far left drone to ignore reality.

Once again the drones prove that there are no real liberals on this board!

Over the years of being totally involved in politics, I have discovered there really isn't a dime's difference between a Republican and a Democrat. They both want the same things. Prosperity, jobs, health care, a strong military, great schools, a low government deficit etc. etc. --The argument always comes from how to get from A to B.

This country has gone into a very divisive mode. I think it started in 2000 when G.W. Bush lost the popular vote, but won the electoral college vote and became President.--which pissed off the left. He was able to garner strong support because he was a Uniter, but the invasion of Iraq took him down--after a few years of war. Then Obama came into office with a full house and passed Obamacare without a single vote from any Republican. That pissed off the right.

Then the Tea Party started in 2009/2010 era--and what started out with just government spending and government matters, they went into social issues of abortion & Gay rights. IOW extemists invaded the Tea Party, and they elected Tea Party candidates--that said NO to everything over the last 6 years.

Right wing talk show hosts started attacking what they referred to as "Establishment Republicans"--so the Tea Party went after moderate Republicans with every conspiracy theory known to man, and it set the stage for the worst President in this Nations history--DONALD TRUMP--who was supported and promoted by right wing talk show hosts.
The GOP That Failed
Donald Trump broke the conservative media

Cartoon-Tea-Party-Anger-Fear.jpg

But as Barbara Bush & G.W. Bush stated today---this is not how government works. If there is no bipartisanship--government isn't working. One person stated a good bill is when both Republicans & Democrats pass a bill and both walk away stating they couldn't get everything they wanted. And that's what they're supposed to do. That's what they're elected to do. And to get anything done they will have to work together and they'll have to compromise together.

That's the way this country has survived over the last 200 years. One of our forefather's Hamilton never wanted political parties for this reason. It often turns out to be more of a team sport, rather than concern for the good of the country. Which is why I am an Independent--& Independent's are actually the largest voting block in this country today.

Here are G.W. Bush's comments of today
George W. Bush: White supremacy is blasphemy - CNN Video

"Partisan politics often results in seeing the truth, knowing the truth, while still defending and promoting the lies."

Last edited:

Mac, you need to face one fact.

It was the left who indulged in character assassination, ridicule, and marginalization according to procedure as written by Saul Alinsky

A leftist sociopath said:
“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”

“…you do what you can with what you have and clothe it with moral arguments.”

– Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals

The bed wetters were not prepared for the fact that their asinine policies and failed philosophies would become the subject of ridicule and end up losing public support. They used to have a monopoly on information, now news stories like this:

Transgender Wyoming woman convicted of sexually assaulting 10-year-old girl in bathroom

Undermine their globalist agenda. Most people are sick of these malcontents and their bullshit. It may even lead to a civil war, but it will be short and sweet. The libturds in their near sighted nihilistic views did not consider the outcome of attempting to brainwash the masses to hate guns. Only their zealots were indoctrinated and remain mostly terrified of guns. The people who resist conformity love freedom and have weapons. It's a battle the moonbats set themselves up to fail.

That conservative perspective doesn't answer my question.

This kind of behavior obviously isn't going to improve anything, so I'm curious about its motivations.

Would I be right in guessing that, for you, constructive communication is pointless because your intent is to ultimately "beat" the other side?

Over the years of being totally involved in politics, I have discovered there really isn't a dime's difference between a Republican and a Democrat. They both want the same things. Prosperity, jobs, health care, a strong military, great schools, a low government deficit etc. etc. --The argument always comes from how to get from A to B.

This country has gone into a very divisive mode. I think it started in 2000 when G.W. Bush lost the popular vote, but won the electoral college vote and became President.--which pissed off the left. He was able to garner strong support because he was a Uniter, but the invasion of Iraq took him down--after a few years of war. Then Obama came into office with a full house and passed Obamacare without a single vote from any Republican. That pissed off the right.

Then the Tea Party started in 2009/2010 era--and what started out with just government spending and government matters, they went into social issues of abortion & Gay rights. IOW extemists invaded the Tea Party, and they elected Tea Party candidates--that said NO to everything over the last 6 years.

Right wing talk show hosts started attacking what they referred to as "Establishment Republicans"--so the Tea Party went after moderate Republicans with every conspiracy theory known to man, and it set the stage for the worst President in this Nations history--DONALD TRUMP--who was supported and promoted by right wing talk show hosts.
The GOP That Failed
Donald Trump broke the conservative media

Cartoon-Tea-Party-Anger-Fear.jpg

But as Barbara Bush & G.W. Bush stated today---this is not how government works. If there is no bipartisanship--government isn't working. One person stated a good bill is when both Republicans & Democrats pass a bill and both walk away stating they couldn't get everything they wanted. And that's what they're supposed to do. That's what they're elected to do. And to get anything done they will have to work together and they'll have to compromise together.

That's the way this country has survived over the last 200 years. One of our forefather's Hamilton never wanted political parties for this reason. It often turns out to be more of a team sport, rather than concern for the good of the country. Which is why I am an Independent--& Independent's are actually the largest voting block in this country today.

Here are G.W. Bush's comments of today
George W. Bush: White supremacy is blasphemy - CNN Video

"Partisan politics often results in seeing the truth, knowing the truth, while still defending and promoting the lies."
As I point out in the first line in my sig, certainly I agree.

The problem is that I have no idea how to get from here to there, and worse, I don't see much indication that the people on wings have any interest in doing so.

Mostly boredom.

The idiocy that is front page news is usually the shiny rock that should be on 3rd page, b/c what is really happening is happening when you are looking at the rock.

I know posting here is a waste of time, but it's mine to waste.

Forum List

Back