🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pompeo hearing for Secretary of State thread

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
"I voted YES on Pompeo for CIA on the theory that he would be the “adult in the room.” I was wrong. I am voting NO on Pompeo for Secretary of State because our top diplomat should believe in diplomacy. He has an alarming tendency towards military provocation and brinkmanship." - Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz

• Banned
Trump on Pompeo and Cotton: "No two politicians in America have been shrewder in recognizing the violently obvious: that post-2016, movement conservatism of the purely Reaganite variety is dead and gone. And both men want to be president."

• Banned
"Pompeo and his extreme anti-Muslim agenda have no place in our government."

• Banned
First Pompeo protester to get arrested inspires this exchange:

Corker: "Sen Roberts I'm sure that happens when discussing soybeans in the ag committee"

Roberts: "it may happen with the president when we talk tariffs"

Being asked about conversations with Trump about Russia and Russia related.

I don't remember

I don't remember

Are you saying executive privilege?

No

Then what did you two talk about?

I don't remember

I don't remember

What behavior has the Kemlin shown that would make you feel Russia is a friend

I would push back if they did something

If?

--------

so pathetic

Being asked about conversations with Trump about Russia and Russia related.

I don't remember

I don't remember

Are you saying executive privilege?

No

Then what did you two talk about?

I don't remember

I don't remember

What behavior has the Kemlin shown that would make you feel Russia is a friend

I would push back if they did something

If?

--------

so pathetic

Menendez...LMFAO

So Pompeo makes some statements that give the impression that he would get a couple of allies and just take out Iran in no time at all.

So it was pointed out to him that it was our allies that signed the Treaty with us and Iran. So who are the allies he's talking about.

He didn't know.

Then he was told that his rhetoric was the same kind of rhetoric that came from Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and the Republicans that led to the Iraq war. The war that would take between 5 weeks and 5 months.

All these years later, 4,400 American soldiers dead, 500,000 Iraqi's dead, over three trillion dollars spent and a MidEast in shambles.

The smile left his face.

Why do Republicans think attacks and bullying are the only things that work? It's impossible for them to learn. It's like they keep the learning part of their brains on lockdown.

Of course, the first questioner, the Ranking Member of the committee - see DimocRAT - had to bring up the Russian Collusion and Mueller. Expected of course.

Pompeo handled the clown well.

"Secretary designate Mike Pompeo, an Army veteran, notes that no one "understands the value of diplomacy" & the "terror of war" like "someone who served in uniform." "I intend to work to achieve Trump's policies with diplomacy, rather by sending our young men & women to war.""

"Secretary designate Mike Pompeo, an Army veteran, notes that no one "understands the value of diplomacy" & the "terror of war" like "someone who served in uniform." "I intend to work to achieve Trump's policies with diplomacy, rather by sending our young men & women to war.""

Sure, and the check is in the mail.

January 2017: 15 members of the Senate Democratic Caucus voted “yes” for #Pompeo as CIA Director: Donnelly-IN Feinstein-CA Hassan-NH Heitkamp-ND Kaine-VA Klobuchar-MN Manchin-WV McCaskill-MO Reed-RI Schatz-HI Schumer-NY Shaheen-NH Warner-VA Whitehouse-RI King-ME (Ind.)

January 2017: 15 members of the Senate Democratic Caucus voted “yes” for #Pompeo as CIA Director: Donnelly-IN Feinstein-CA Hassan-NH Heitkamp-ND Kaine-VA Klobuchar-MN Manchin-WV McCaskill-MO Reed-RI Schatz-HI Schumer-NY Shaheen-NH Warner-VA Whitehouse-RI King-ME (Ind.)

Sure, but they didn't know that he had lied in his confirmation hearings about having business dealings with foreign countries. If his lie would have been exposed at the time, I doubt he would have received those votes.
Pompeo failed to disclose Chinese business connection

"I voted YES on Pompeo for CIA on the theory that he would be the “adult in the room.” I was wrong. I am voting NO on Pompeo for Secretary of State because our top diplomat should believe in diplomacy. He has an alarming tendency towards military provocation and brinkmanship." - Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz
Any Dems that votes for this POS, should be voted out of office.

upload_2018-4-12_16-14-14.png

Democrats alone can thwart Pompeo's nomination in committee, but Turtle McConnell can bring it up for full Senate vote anyway. One more GOP NO vote would nix Pompeo entirely.

Cory Booker spends time questioning Mike Pompeo on the Left's favorite topic: SEXUAL, IDENTITY POLITICS. Keeping America safe is a joke to Democrats. They have a simple priority--attack patriotic Americans and insinuate bigotry. News Flash: The bigots are on their team.

Booker: "You do not believe it's appropriate for two gay people to marry?" Pompeo: "Senator, I continue to hold that view. It's the same view." Pompeo also confirmed that he stands by the belief that being gay is a "perversion."

Forum List

Back