Poor underpaid freeloader

For executives, $174,000 is pretty shabby. High School Principals make more.

Congressmen and Judges should make $300,000 and the President $1 million

You got it wrong, a soldier should make $100,000 a year. Congress should make the average american pay level. Also this failure in chief we bave now should pay us.

Why would you expect a high level executive with immense responsibilities to make what a bus driver makes?

LOL. You spend half the time criticizing the very rich unless he's a Democrat. Another hypocritical response from a confused "leftwinger."

You got it wrong, a soldier should make $100,000 a year. Congress should make the average american pay level. Also this failure in chief we bave now should pay us.

Why would you expect a high level executive with immense responsibilities to make what a bus driver makes?

LOL. You spend half the time criticizing the very rich unless he's a Democrat. Another hypocritical response from a confused "leftwinger."

Someone making $174,000 is nowhere near very rich. He makes less than he would in the private sector, less than a school principal, less than a low level executive in a corporate setting

Yet a Congressman represents 700,000 people and a Senator between 1 million and 20 million people. They are responsible for the spending of trillions of dollars. These are top executives

They campaign for the job, they are sent to represent us. Not to get rich.

To determine if someone is underpaid you compare their compensation to what others with similar skills and responsibilities make.

By any standard, Congressmen are underpaid

To determine if someone is underpaid you compare their compensation to what others with similar skills and responsibilities make.

If it was based on job performance, then they are well overpaid.

If high school principals and politicians were paid for performance, they'd all make much less then their current salary.

Comparing one's compensation to that of another is the root of envy and class warfare.

Salary/pay/compensation should commensurate with performance.

Congressman Jim Moron is part of a group whose performance rating is a pathetic 10-15%.

Do you think you would be able hold onto your job with that kind of approval rating?

Someone making $174,000 is nowhere near very rich. He makes less than he would in the private sector, less than a school principal, less than a low level executive in a corporate setting

Yet a Congressman represents 700,000 people and a Senator between 1 million and 20 million people. They are responsible for the spending of trillions of dollars. These are top executives

So far, congresscriiters aren't very good at how they spend that money.
They are crap executives, maybe that is why they are in congress and not an executive in a successful company.

No. They aren't. They can't even balance a budget.
The real comparison/standard is accomplishment, not responsibility.
Middle managers in companies small and large can at least balance a budget.

I thought the left was all about pay equality. I thought the argument was that some CEOs made too much money. The left argues that the workers deserve more because nothing would exist without the little guy. At least most people in management actually do the job they are supposed to do. I don't know what the hell congress does other than jet around at our expense and campaign.

Military members have a much harder, and much more dangerous, job than any congress idiots.

Most Congress critters wouldn't make squat in the private sector if the weren't former members of Congress. They have no special skills other than a talent for lying with a straight face and a complete lack of scruples.

What marketable skills do they have?

I thought the left was all about pay equality. I thought the argument was that some CEOs made too much money. The left argues that the workers deserve more because nothing would exist without the little guy. At least most people in management actually do the job they are supposed to do. I don't know what the hell congress does other than jet around at our expense and campaign.

Military members have a much harder, and much more dangerous, job than any congress idiots.

It is only the right that brings up the concept of pay equality. I have never heard a liberal recommend it...have you?

Top CEOs make 10s of millions of dollars, Congressmen make $174,000...where is your equivalence?

Last edited:

Strong legal minds, leadership skills, ability to influence people. No different than any CEO

Strong legal minds? Should we use the 2700 plus pages of health care reform as an example? They didn't read that, what kind of legal mind passes bills they don't read?

Leadership? Really? That in of it's self is laughable. Buying votes, okay, I'll give you influence. They really garner no respect from most Americans, they violate laws and exempt themselves from laws, get rich off their position, they don't serve the people. They take advantage of the power.

They are nothing but paper pushers.

Last edited:

Strong legal minds, leadership skills, ability to influence people. No different than any CEO

Strong legal minds? Should we use the 2700 plus pages of health care reform as an example? They didn't read that, what kind of legal mind passes bills they don't read?

Leadership? Really? That in of it's self is laughable. Buying votes, okay, I'll give you influence. They really garner no respect from most Americans, they violate laws and exempt themselves from laws, get rich off their position, they don't serve the people. They take advantage of the power.

Would you prefer a one page healthcare bill?

Anyway you look at it, getting elected to Congress is not an easy process. More difficult than getting to be a CEO.

Any equivalent position gets paid ten times more

Anyway you look at it, getting elected to Congress is not an easy process. More difficult than getting to be a CEO.

I'd prefer if they had at least read it and knew what was in the mess. Instead they pass it and the CEO of the House was brilliant when she stated " we need to pass it to know what's in it." What the hell was in her head. A moron could vote yes to something they have no clue as to what it is.

I'd take a guy that knows how to run a profitable business than a guy that passes laws with no idea of what the effect of the law. Congress throws money at problems and thinks it will fix the problem, they pass laws without thinking of the repercussions,

I'll take a CEO of a Congressmen, republican or democrat.

I'd prefer if they had at least read it and knew what was in the mess. Instead they pass it and the CEO of the House was brilliant when she stated " we need to pass it to know what's in it." What the hell was in her head. A moron could vote yes to something they have no clue as to what it is.

I'd take a guy that knows how to run a profitable business than a guy that passes laws with no idea of what the effect of the law. Congress throws money at problems and thinks it will fix the problem, they pass laws without thinking of the repercussions,

I'll take a CEO of a Congressmen, republican or democrat.

What makes you think they didn't read it? They wrote it

Forum List

Back