Pop star Irma Bule killed by king cobra after using it as prop on stage.

Reading more into this story, it is a little more sad than I thought. First of all they told her that all of the snakes were "defanged" if you will.

This society is poverty stricken as you can imagine. "Pop stars" like this are often manipulated and they use these props to get people to give money. They show here holding the snakes and a guy is getting "donations" from people. Who, are living in great poverty.

It sounds like she was pretty manipulated by weirdo handlers. She certainly plays a role in it.

Sad either way. It is Darwinism on display.

Did a little research....kind of sad:

The Real Story Behind the Indonesian Singer and the Cobra

She was not a "pop star"...but one of many trying to make it in the business and gets payed $5 more for a snake performance......read the article. Really sad.

Yeah, I just posted this. It is a little more sad than first thought.

Its not the 'performing with a snake' part. Its the 'kept performing for 45 minutes' part.
True. I am assuming she presumed she was safe cause she was under the belief that they were not able to inject venom.

Then again you never know.

It was sad before we learned more. Still. Here's the thing. Someone you don't know hands you a cobra and says it's defanged. You rough up that cobra and it bites you. Rather than stopping and demanding first aid, you keep dancing? Come on folks. This isn't oh she was a victim because things are tough in Indonesia. This woman shouldn't be dead but she is dead because she let herself die.

It was sad before we learned more. Still. Here's the thing. Someone you don't know hands you a cobra and says it's defanged. You rough up that cobra and it bites you. Rather than stopping and demanding first aid, you keep dancing? Come on folks. This isn't oh she was a victim because things are tough in Indonesia. This woman shouldn't be dead but she is dead because she let herself die.

Yeah, its the 'dancing for 45 minutes after being bitten by a cobra' that lifted my eyebrows.

Yeah, its the 'dancing for 45 minutes after being bitten by a cobra' that lifted my eyebrows.

She had these sort of slithering moves.

Forum List

Back