Pope allows priests to forgive women who have abortions

I think that Catholics should be granted the moral and legal authority to pass judgement on everybody in the world in the matter of abortion. I mean, if you can't trust a guy who has no wife or daughter, presumably little or no sexual experience, and is part of a statistically high population of child predators, just who can you trust in these matters?

Statistically the percentage of priests that are pedophiles is lower than that of the general population...but keep on focusing on something you're clueless about

There are more child molesters among the ranks of public school teachers and we are required to send our kids to those schools....unless, of course, we can find extra money to send them to private schools...after we pay for the public schools first....

We can't get school vouchers fast enough....

You're correct....

1. Catholic clergy aren't more likely to abuse children than other clergy or men in general.

According to the best available data (which is pretty good mostly coming from a comprehensive report by the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in 2004 as well as several other studies), 4% of Catholic priests in the USA sexually victimized minors during the past half century. No evidence has been published at this time that states that this number is higher than clergy from other religious traditions. The 4% figure appears lower than school teachers during the same time frame and certainly less than offenders in the general population of men. Research states that over 20% of American women and about 15% of American men were sexually violated when they were children by an adult. Sexual victimization is tragically fairly common in the general population but luckily these numbers have been dropping in recent years.

Six important points you don't hear about regarding clergy sexual abuse in the Catholic Church

I think that Catholics should be granted the moral and legal authority to pass judgement on everybody in the world in the matter of abortion. I mean, if you can't trust a guy who has no wife or daughter, presumably little or no sexual experience, and is part of a statistically high population of child predators, just who can you trust in these matters?

Statistically the percentage of priests that are pedophiles is lower than that of the general population...but keep on focusing on something you're clueless about

There are more child molesters among the ranks of public school teachers and we are required to send our kids to those schools....unless, of course, we can find extra money to send them to private schools...after we pay for the public schools first....

You're correct....

1. Catholic clergy aren't more likely to abuse children than other clergy or men in general.

According to the best available data (which is pretty good mostly coming from a comprehensive report by the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in 2004 as well as several other studies), 4% of Catholic priests in the USA sexually victimized minors during the past half century. No evidence has been published at this time that states that this number is higher than clergy from other religious traditions. The 4% figure appears lower than school teachers during the same time frame and certainly less than offenders in the general population of men. Research states that over 20% of American women and about 15% of American men were sexually violated when they were children by an adult. Sexual victimization is tragically fairly common in the general population but luckily these numbers have been dropping in recent years.

Six important points you don't hear about regarding clergy sexual abuse in the Catholic Church
The real tragedy with the sex scandal in the Catholic Church
was that it was more important to cover it up by sending
these priests to other parishes because the higher ups
where more concerned about tarnishing the church's image!

You're correct....

I can agree with that, I was livid over it and most Catholics were but this constant attempt to label the majority of priests as sex offenders is wrong...as my link clearly shows.

Now leftists let us discuss the rate of sexaul abuse in the school systems...it seems to be a bigger problem than in the Catholic Church

You're correct....

I can agree with that, I was livid over it and most Catholics were but this constant attempt to label the majority of priests as sex offenders is wrong...as my link clearly shows.

Now leftists let us discuss the rate of sexaul abuse in the school systems...it seems to be a bigger problem than in the Catholic Church

And....most Americans are forced to send their kids to these schools......you don't have to go to a church.....

You're correct....

And....most Americans are forced to send their kids to these schools......you don't have to go to a church.....

It happens in private schools also I don't think at such alarming rates but it does.The difference is there are no unions protecting the abusers

Even though the Catholic stance on abortions has not changed, Pope Francis now says that priests can absolve and forgive women who have abortions. It used to be only bishops who could do that, but now it is a sin that priests can forgive as well.

Pope Francis allows priests to absolve women who have abortions

Thoughts?
Why doesn't the church consider it 1st degree pre meditated murder?

This pope is a leftist...that's why....

You're correct....

It happens in private schools also I don't think at such alarming rates but it does.The difference is there are no unions protecting the abusers
It happens everywhere

Even though the Catholic stance on abortions has not changed, Pope Francis now says that priests can absolve and forgive women who have abortions. It used to be only bishops who could do that, but now it is a sin that priests can forgive as well.

Thoughts?

It's considered a mortal sin, same as murder

You're correct....

It happens everywhere

I know that, my link states that, the discussion is the rates it happens in different demographics....as the link states Catholic priests rank lower than teachers

You just joined my ignore list, because Catholic priests are NOT more likely to be sexual predators, and you knew that, and lied.

Five myths about the Catholic sexual abuse scandal

Thoughts?

This pope is a leftist...that's why....
The church picked him. And they aren't tossing him out for blasphemy and heresay so they must approve and agree abortion is not murder.

You just joined my ignore list, because Catholic priests are NOT more likely to be sexual predators, and you knew that, and lied.

How many hail marys and our fathers is abortion worth?

Jesus gave holy orders to the Apostles. Every bishop in the Catholic Church got holy orders from another bishop in Apostolic succession. All priests got holy orders from a bishop. This is an unbroken chain lasting 2000 years. This Apostolic succession is where the authority of the Pope, bishops and priests get their authority to administer the sacraments, including reconciliation.
God is sufficient!
That is your opinion, and you are entitled to it.

But Catholics believe God did not just toss down a Bible 2000 years ago and leave the world. Christ founded a Church, an institution of men, which is guided in its decisions by the Holy Spirit. The Catholic Church is the only religion in the world with a centralized authority that has lasted for longer than any nation on Earth. It is has survived Roman Emperors, Communist dictators, and the Nazis. It will also survive modern secularism, which seeks to undermine it from within.
And, if you feel God is not sufficient, you are entitled to your opinion
I talk to God all the time. But he doesn't talk back, so sometimes I go to a priest and tell him my sins in confession, and he forgives me on behalf of God.

Protestants don't have this option. They can talk to their preachers, but the preachers don't have the authority to forgive sin, and they are not bound to the secrecy of the confessional.
So, you are asking a sinner to forgive you
because God needs a middle man to do so on His behalf.

If you are asking a man to forgive you,
then you are not asking God to forgive you.

Only God can forgive...
You are quoting the Pharisees when you say only God can forgive sins.

Luke 5:21 The Pharisees and the teachers of the law began thinking to themselves, "Who is this fellow who speaks blasphemy? Who can forgive sins but God alone?"

Atrikedude looks pretty stupid right now...

It happens everywhere

I know that, my link states that, the discussion is the rates it happens in different demographics....as the link states Catholic priests rank lower than teachers
I know...I was just saying, it happens everywhere

Thoughts?

First degree murder is a legal concept, not a religious concept.

Thoughts?

So abortion isn't murder? Explain

Forum List

Back