🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Portable Showers for Flint Michigan.

JQPublic1

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2012
One of the basic human needs , keeping clean, has been threatened in Flint Michigan. And although much debate, handwringing and impressive disseminations of small bottles of water have been thrown at the problem. Many residents of Flint, including school children are washing themselves with precious drinking water from small bottles. That is indefensible. I am blaming both republicans and democrats for not doing enough. Obama visited flint and so I must now place nearly as much liability on his shoulders as I have Governor Snyder for not using every Federal and State resource available to get clean bath or shower water to Flint in the wake of such a devastating crisis. Of course the prime responsibility belongs to Michigan but Obama could have either pressured Snyder or circumvented him and got the job done anyway. He could have billed Michigan later and restricted any federal monies to the state until the bill was paid in full.

Fortunately, a private organization has taken the reins to aid hundreds of families with a Jamaican made portable shower using 5 gallon water bottles. The shower simulates a traditional shower right down to the pressure levels. The cost? $42.00 per shower. Donations are needed to buy more of these showers so that one is available to every family needing one...BTW the fresh water is included.

I really think the cost ought to be borne by the State of Michigan and that manufacturing of the device or a similar device should be a locally done. Or barring that, community showers should be made available via rail water tankers or water trucks. In an all White middle classed community,
I think all of the above would have been in place within 24 hrs of the incident.

Click here to support #ShowerFlint with Portable Showers by Essita Duncan

9412357_1456452479.2684_funddescription.png

Last edited:
This is freaking disgusting JQ. I'm truly jawdropped that they haven't been providing the extra water needed for cleaning and showering. That's should have been 101.

I'm in a boil water area and although not dealing with lead or mercury you should see what one has to do. Of course I buy bottled water for drinking but you still have to go thru hoops to do dishes for example. You can't rinse out ones glass with toxic well water now can you?

It's boil, boil and more boiling. Now I'm really pissed off. After all the grandstanding and chest thumping on both sides, the bloody politicians have thrown the people of Flint to the wind again.

And that's the key word. AGAIN.

Unreal. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Solution: don't live in Flint MIchigan.
Problem solved.
That is easy to say but not everyone has the means to up and leave suddenly without help and when all you own, including real property, is there.

One of the basic human needs , keeping clean, has been threatened in Flint Michigan. And although much debate, handwringing and impressive disseminations of small bottles of water have been thrown at the problem. Many residents of Flint, including school children are washing themselves with precious drinking water from small bottles. That is indefensible. I am blaming both republicans and democrats for not doing enough. Obama visited flint and so I must now place nearly as much liability on his shoulders as I have Governor Snyder for not using every Federal and State resource available to get clean bath or shower water to Flint in the wake of such a devastating crisis. Of course the prime responsibility belongs to Michigan but Obama could have either pressured Snyder or circumvented him and got the job done anyway. He could have billed Michigan later and restricted any federal monies to the state until the bill was paid in full.

Fortunately, a private organization has taken the reins to aid hundreds of families with a Jamaican made portable shower using 5 gallon water bottles. The shower simulates a traditional shower right down to the pressure levels. The cost? $42.00 per shower. Donations are needed to buy more of these showers so that one is available to every family needing one...BTW the fresh water is included.

I really think the cost ought to be borne by the State of Michigan and that manufacturing of the device or a similar device should be a locally done. Or barring that, community showers should be made available via rail water tankers or water trucks. In an all White middle classed community.
I think all of the above would have been in place within 24 hrs of the incident.

Free water filters for Flint users and a $7 solar shower from walmart

This is freaking disgusting JQ. I'm truly jawdropped that they haven't been providing the extra water needed for cleaning and showering. That's should have been 101.

I'm in a boil water area and although not dealing with lead or mercury you should see what one has to do. Of course I buy bottled water for drinking but you still have to go thru hoops to do dishes for example. You can't rinse out ones glass with toxic well water now can you?

It's boil, boil and more boiling. Now I'm really pissed off. After all the grandstanding and chest thumping on both sides, the bloody politicians have thrown the people of Flint to the wind again.

You have my sympathy. No American should have to live in such horrendous conditions in the 21st century.

I really think the cost ought to be borne by the State of Michigan and that manufacturing of the device or a similar device should be a locally done. Or barring that, community showers should be made available via rail water tankers or water trucks. In an all White middle classed community.

That sounds good, but is it? Why not ask someone living under similar circumstances like Tiny dancer. She is posting right here in this thread. Ask her why she does not rely on home filtration and solar showers.

You have my sympathy. No American should have to live in such horrendous conditions in the 21st century.

Well it is my choice to live in the middle of nowhere. The hard work is the trade off for having wild turkeys and deer run thru the yard. :) But I'm the one choosing primitive.

The poor people in Flint aren't. For crying out loud it's a metropolis area that has access to all sorts of technologies available in the here and now. Why isn't the government taking care of it?

Oh and thanks for the link. Not only will I donate but after I get in from the garden tonight I'll hit my connections and get the servantswithoutborders with the showers for Flint info out there.

I spawned some good activists in my family. They're still liberal but hey they're still young. I can still work on them.

:lol:

I'll get the girls and Ryan to commit as well.

That sounds good, but is it? Why not ask someone living under similar circumstances like Tiny dancer. She is posting right here in this thread. Ask her why she does not rely on home filtration and solar showers.

People live in worse circumstances. After natural disasters some don't have electric, water, gas for months. During war many learn to take a shower with a single bottle of water. How many of our grandparents had to pump and carry their own water daily? They did not have water filters. Many people use water that is disease infested because that is all there is.

Flint customers are offered free filters, if they choose not to use them, their fault till the system and pipes are changed. Campers have no problem with solar showers.

Many places need to change their pipes and do a better job to provide clean water, we also have to take our own actions for our families. Don't wait for the local government to do everything, they dont' have the money and far too much red tape.

Dont boil water to try and remove lead

eople live in worse circumstances

What circumstance are worse? Children have suffered brain damage and an assortment of illnesses have already took a toll on the people of Flint. Some have died.

After natural disasters some don't have electric, water, gas for months.

The Flint crisis is over 2 years old. Don't you think that is an unacceptable time to go without water to bath in or wash the dishes in.

During war many learn to take a shower with a single bottle of water.

How many of our grandparents had to pump and carry their own water daily? They did not have water filters
How many Flint residents have wells to pump good clean water like our Grand parents had? Chances are any well would be just as polluted as the Flint River. And no, our grandparents did not need filters because the ground water was clean.

Many people use water that is disease infested because that is all there is.

So what are you saying? Flint residents ought to be thankful for having toxic water because it is better than having none a-tall? You must be joking, right?

Flint customers are offered free filters, if they choose not to use them, their fault till the system and pipes are changed.

I don't know that everyone ha been offered free filters; but, even so, I wouldn't expect parents to allow their children to bathe in filtered toxic waste water. There is more in Flint water than lead. There is lots and lots of chlorine which isn't good for you either. More t the point is the low level of trust people have in their lying elected and appointed officials.

Campers have no problem with solar showers.
Campers have fresh clean water to use in those solar showers.

we also have to take our own actions for our families. Don't wait for the local government to do everything, they dont' have the money and far too much red tape.
The State is responsible more so than the local government. Check the link in my sig,

I don't think any one has suggested that .Most of us know, generally, chemicals like lead can't be destroyed by boiling

What circumstance are worse? Children have suffered brain damage and an assortment of illnesses have already took a toll on the people of Flint. Some have died.

The Flint crisis is over 2 years old. Don't you think that is an unacceptable time to go without water to bath in or wash the dishes in.

How many of our grandparents had to pump and carry their own water daily? They did not have water filters
How many Flint residents have wells to pump good clean water like our Grand parents had? Chances are any well would be just as polluted as the Flint River. And no, our grandparents did not need filters because the ground water was clean.

So what are you saying? Flint residents ought to be thankful for having toxic water because it is better than having none a-tall? You must be joking, right?

Flint customers are offered free filters, if they choose not to use them, their fault till the system and pipes are changed.

I don't know that everyone ha been offered free filters; but, even so, I wouldn't expect parents to allow their children to bathe in filtered toxic waste water. There is more in Flint water than lead. There is lots and lots of chlorine which isn't good for you either. More t the point is the low level of trust people have in their lying elected and appointed officials.

we also have to take our own actions for our families. Don't wait for the local government to do everything, they dont' have the money and far too much red tape.
The State is responsible more so than the local government. Check the link in my sig,

I don't think any one has suggested that .Most of us know, generally, chemicals like lead can't be destroyed by boiling

• State issues Flint residents water filters
    www.freep.com/.../state-issues-flint-residents-water-filters/73498802
    Empty boxes of water filters lay in piles as Flint residents get free water filters at the Genesee County Community Action Resource Department on Lippincott in Flint ...

Empty boxes of water filters lay in piles as Flint residents get free water filters at the Genesee County Community Action Resource Department on Lippincott in Flint ...
4 references to the same initiative?Ok so an unwed mother of three or a non technical guy gets a filter or two to put on his.her primary water line, but they haven't a clue as to how to do it. They also wouldn't have the tools to install the filters. In any case, my concern developed when I heard a health teacher from Flint being interviewed on the Karen Hunter show. She said many students in her class claimed to be using small bottles of water to perform their daily ablutions. She seemed sincere but what do I know. It could be a scam. 42 buck for a 5 gallon container of water and accompanying plastic apparatus does seem a bit high. But at least it is worth investigating to find out WHY those people are still using small bottles of water to bath even when filters are being disseminated. Agreed?

4 references to the same initiative?Ok so an unwed mother of three or a non technical guy gets a filter or two to put on his.her primary water line, but they haven't a clue as to how to do it. They also wouldn't have the tools to install the filters. In any case, my concern developed when I heard a health teacher from Flint being interviewed on the Karen Hunter show. She said many students in her class claimed to be using small bottles of water to perform their daily ablutions. She seemed sincere but what do I know. It could be a scam. 42 buck for a 5 gallon container of water and accompanying plastic apparatus does seem a bit high. But at least it is worth investigating to find out WHY those people are still using small bottles of water to bath even when filters are being disseminated. Agreed?

You really think all people are that ignorant they can't read instructions?

unscrew the aerator (the piece on the end of faucet) and then replace it with the filter

find a child and let them do it

When low flows were being given away in some areas, people managed to figure it out.

michigan.gov and Fire Stations, Department of Health and Human Services office and City Hall to get the filters is not a scam. Instruction (print and video) are online and instructions can be printed in any language, so if someone asks for instructions they can be easily printed in their language.

unscrew the aerator (the piece on the end of faucet) and then replace it with the filter

When low flows were being given away in some areas, people managed to figure it out.

michigan.gov and Fire Stations, Department of Health and Human Services office and City Hall to get the filters is not a scam. Instruction (print and video) are online and instructions can be printed in any language, so if someone asks for instructions they can be easily printed in their language.

Look, I am not going to argue the point about filters. Apparently there are issues with tap filters that are associated with distribution and effective redistribution of new filters after old ones are no longer effective. Resupplies are probably scarce in a city of 100, 000 affected people. According to the health teacher interviewed on the Karen Hunter show some kids are having to wash themselves with water from small bottles. Since neither you or i know the true nature of the reasons behind that, I will defer to the health teacher's personal experience. Anyone who desires can visit the link I provided to gain more information.

Look, I am not going to argue the point about filters. Apparently there are issues with tap filters that are associated with distribution and effective redistribution of new filters after old ones are no longer effective. Resupplies are probably scarce in a city of 100, 000 affected people. According to the health teacher interviewed on the Karen Hunter show some kids are having to wash themselves with water from small bottles. Since neither you or i know the true nature of the reasons behind that, I will defer to the health teacher's personal experience. Anyone who desires can visit the link I provided to gain more information.

If you don't know then read
Flint water crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Flint Water Crisis | University of Michigan-Flint

you usually rely on radio talk shows for your facts?

The link in my sig leads to multiple pages of debate about the Flint River Crisis and how it started.
I know more about it than you do. If you are so stupid that you can't see that I was referring to the shower crisis not the original Flint water crisis we have nothing more to discuss. You are an amateur that I will have to teach… I am not in the mood…. good night!

The link in my sig leads to multiple pages of debate about the Flint River Crisis and how it started.
I know more about it than you do. If you are so stupid that you can't see that I was referring to the shower crisis not the original Flint water crisis we have nothing more to discuss. You are an amateur that I will have to teach… I am not in the mood…. good night!

Flint MI Water Crisis – News Coverage, Timelines, and Video

Ongoing coverage of a water crisis in Flint, Michigan, where aging pipes and treatment problems have caused toxic levels of lead and other quality issues while ...

12 hours ago

http://www.mlive.com/flintwater/

Flint water crisis conspiracy theories swirl after two recent deaths ...
Apr 27, 2016 ... Conspiracy theories abound after a Flint water plant worker and the woman at the center of a water lawsuit were found dead within days of ...

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2016/04/conspiracies_swirl_around_flin.html

From your own marketing site

Why are you still posting one story from January?

There are more authoritative sites than mlive

Sure, you know all there is to know about Flint water problems LOL

Forum List

Back