Possible suicide Mission!! Plot Locked out of the Cockpit Germanwings Crash in France

When asked about juristic fault and money for the families of the victims, Mr. Spohr indicated that financial "Soforthilfe" immediate help for the families who will be in financial duress upon the death of their loved one - has been offered.

He indicated that to say anything else would be petty.

True, but too many wanted to make theories before the actual facts were just brought out about 1 hour ago.

THAT was my point.

Yeah ... Look at all the folks that came out the day after the crash saying there was no reason to think it was terrorism.
It still may not be terrorism ... And the pilot may have acted for other reasons ... But it is obvious why the governments came out saying it wasn't terrorism the day after.

True, but too many wanted to make theories before the actual facts were just brought out about 1 hour ago.

THAT was my point.

Yeah ... Look at all the folks that came out the day after the crash saying there was no reason to think it was terrorism.
It still may not be terrorism ... And the pilot may have acted for other reasons ... But it is obvious why the governments came out saying it wasn't terrorism the day after.

I said neither. I said to wait until the facts come out. Which is what I am saying today.

THAT was my point.

I said neither. I said to wait until the facts come out. Which is what I am saying today.

Well ... I wasn't talking about you ... But I was commenting on the officials who jumped the gun in taking an act of terror off the immediate concern list.
I don't think they were either responsible nor forthright in their determination ... And made the comments with the intention to deceive the public in hopes that it would pan out in favor of their deception.

I just learned that not just the pilots but also the entire crew of a Lufthansa plane know the code to open the cockpit door in the case of an emergency. But again, it is possible for the pilot within the cockpit to "lock" out the code, the reason being heightened security following 911. So, in this case, it may be that having the code to unlock the cockpit door was totally useless.

There is no way for the crew to send out an SOS outside of the cockpit, because in order to send an SOS, according to Mr. Spohr, you have to have a pilot's license, officially.

THAT was my point.

Well ... I wasn't talking about you ... But I was commenting on the officials who jumped the gun in taking an act of terror off the immediate concern list.
I don't think they were either responsible nor forthright in their determination ... And made the comments with the intention to deceive the public in hopes that it would pan out in favor of their deception.

But even that is not right.

They have been saying and still say, AT THIS TIME, they rule out a terroristic background. The key words are "AT THIS TIME".

They have been saying and still say, AT THIS TIME, they rule out a terroristic background. The key words are "AT THIS TIME".

At this time I haven't won the lottery ... That means absolutely nothing ... So what would be the intent in saying it?

The last 5 to 10 postings of mine have been real-time immediate translations of the Lufthansa press-conference that was just held.

I believe that the conference, including questions from the press, has just ended.

Mr. Spohr spoke in German (although he understands English perfectly), except for one question from an American reporter.

In many ways, he is right: Lufthansa has an outstanding flight-record and this is, hopefully, an isolated incident.

But I bet that this incident will lead to some kind of technique to allow a pilot to re-enter the cockpit via another route.

At this time I haven't won the lottery ... That means absolutely nothing ... So what would be the intent in saying it?

To keep people from jumping to conclusions until all the facts are known.

It's standard procedure, and there is good reason for it.

Apparently, a Lufthansa flight bound for Tel-Aviv has been delayed for the last three hours and the press wants to know why. Spohr knew nothing about this at all.
According to NBC, some Lufthansa pilots are refusing to fly. Maybe that has something to do with the delay?

Investigators are looking into any cell phone or wifi messages sent during this time to see if anyone knew anything. Might be impossible though as the mountains may have prevented a signal. Makes one wonder if the co- pilot knew that.

Apparently, a Lufthansa flight bound for Tel-Aviv has been delayed for the last three hours and the press wants to know why. Spohr knew nothing about this at all.
According to NBC, some Lufthansa pilots are refusing to fly. Maybe that has something to do with the delay?

Quite possibly. I am checking with the websites for Düsseldorf, Bonn/Köln and FF a M right now, see no other delays at all.

1. The main findings from the airline press conference:
  • Confirmation that the co-pilot locked out the captain and crashed the plane "on purpose"
  • Lufthansa/Germanwings have no protocols preventing pilots being left on their own in the cockpit
  • The co-pilot interrupted his training six years ago before resuming it - which 'could be interesting' for the investigation
  • CEO Carsten Spohr says no safety system 'in the world' could have prevented what happened

Germanwings plane crash live Andreas Lubitz intentionally crashed Flight 9525 into Alps - Europe - World - The Independent

Being reported in the German media at this very moment:

ARD (Tagesschau):

Flugeugabstürz 3 ARD.jpg

ZDF (Heute):

Flugeugabstürz 3 ZDF.jpg

Die Welt:

Flugeugabstürz die Welt.jpg

1. The main findings from the airline press conference:
  • Confirmation that the co-pilot locked out the captain and crashed the plane "on purpose"
  • Lufthansa/Germanwings have no protocols preventing pilots being left on their own in the cockpit
  • The co-pilot interrupted his training six years ago before resuming it - which 'could be interesting' for the investigation
  • CEO Carsten Spohr says no safety system 'in the world' could have prevented what happened

Germanwings plane crash live Andreas Lubitz intentionally crashed Flight 9525 into Alps - Europe - World - The Independent

Die Welt is confirming that the co-pilot's break in training was six months in length.

There was a reason airlines once had three qualified pilots up front.

Then one could go take a leak and have two there in case one had a sudden heart attack or stroke and died.

But that cost too much money.

I thought they were still required to have two in the cockpit at all times?

Earlier today the report was that all airlines in the U.S. must never allow anyone left alone in the cockpit, they went on to say that that requirement was not in place with Luftansa.

Forum List

Back