Possible suicide Mission!! Plot Locked out of the Cockpit Germanwings Crash in France

Read the last page. It was deliberate, according to the French prosecutor. He has no known links to terrorists at this time. Investigation continues.
What were the names of the pilots? Is there some reason they don't want the names released? Was either of them named mohammed?
Why fly into mountains and not a target? Reminds me of the plane that disappeared. I hate not knowing. No suicide note? No tape of what they said before going down? No mayday?

Good point. I'm starting to think the pilot had a heart attack or some other medical emergency.
According to FAA rules there is supposed to be two crewman in the cockpit at all times just for this reason.

then wots the pilots name Coyote ?? I know the type of name that I'd be happy to see but I'd rather know the real name . Well have to wait and see what happens , by the way , do you happen to know if the pilot had a big bushy beard ??
I don't know about the beard, but I do know that he didn't have his key to the cockpit door.

Yeah? Doesn't explain why the co pilot, even if he had a heart attack or something, would take a steep dive from cruising altitude into a mountain:eusa_think:

True,these things run on auto pilot and someone would have to turn it off for it to dive.

What were the names of the pilots? Is there some reason they don't want the names released? Was either of them named mohammed?

Are you really THAT stupid?

Those pilots have families. Often, pilots who are parts of crashes get blamed, even when they are not at fault at all. IN order to protect their families, more often than not, the pilots' names are not published.
It's a legit question. to answer the question his name was Andreas Lubitz and from what I understand he was a 28 year old German National.

Did it ever occur to some people that sometimes, accidents just happen?

Statistically, there are one or two plane crashes a year, out of many, many thousands of flights.
Naïve, pilots don't keep quiet for 10 minutes and then fly into a mountain.

Several kooky websites I wont link here are attempting to say the copilot had Russian ties. They are claiming this was deliberate and had help from a flight attendant. Probably a loony conspiracy theory but damn if it ends up being true.

Are you really THAT stupid?

Those pilots have families. Often, pilots who are parts of crashes get blamed, even when they are not at fault at all. IN order to protect their families, more often than not, the pilots' names are not published.
It's a legit question. to answer the question his name was Andreas Lubitz and from what I understand he was a 28 year old German National.
This may be the first image of co-pilot Lubitz:

Photo: German Co-Pilot Andreas Lubitz who seems to have crashed the #Germanwings flight no purpose Conflict News on Twitter Photo German Co-Pilot Andreas Lubitz who seems to have crashed the Germanwings flight no purpose http t.co 3mSYxvNF3p
dc11121b-e6bc-4b55-9433-790d335686a3_500.jpg

PARIS (AP) — The co-pilot of a Germanwings flight that slammed into an Alpine mountainside "intentionally" sent the plane into its doomed descent, a French prosecutor said Thursday.

Marseille prosecutor Brice Robin said the commander left the cockpit, presumably to go to the lavatory, and then was unable to regain access. In the meantime, he said, co-pilot Andreas Lubitz manually and "intentionally" set the plane on the descent that drove it into the mountainside in the southern French Alps.

It was the co-pilot's "intention to destroy this plane," Robin said.

French prosecutor Co-pilot wanted to destroy plane

I stand corrected, had not seen the information yet.

Wow, tragic.

What are they saying in Europe?
The French prosecutor, who did the press conference, ruled out terrorism.
They ruled out terrorism on day one before they even found the black box which is ridiculous. Anything they say now should be take with a grain of salt.

Mr Robin outlined the sequence of events from the moment the captain asked the co-pilot
to take over while he went to the toilet.

"The co-pilot at that moment alone uses the flight management
system that starts the descent of the aircraft. This action can only be done
voluntarily.”
He ruled out the possibilities that anyone else was in the
cockpit, and that the co-pilot had collapsed and inadvertently triggered a
descent.

“We hear several cries of the pilot asking for access through
the intercom system. But there’s no answer from the co-pilot.”
Just to reiterate, Mr Robin rules out any known link between the co-pilot Lubitz and terror groups. "There is no reason to suspect a terrorist attack," he says."

Germanwings plane crash live Andreas Lubitz intentionally crashed Flight 9525 into Alps - Europe - World - The Independent

Big German press conference right now over Lubitz. I am translating in real-time.

He passed all of his tests, including medical and psychological. There were no indicators of any kind of instability.

Until recently, he lived with his parents in Montabaur. Montabaur is an industrial town and there is a HUGE truck and car stop at Montabaur on the A3.

His training, however, was broken up with a long pause in-between. This was just announced.
I suspect that the investigators will now investigate where he was in this long pause of his training.

Mr. Spohr just said that no matter how rigorous tests are, there is no way possible to be able to rule out an isolated case like this one.

Press questions:

A reporter asked why there is no system for giving in a code in order to open the door instead of having to wait on the person on the other side to let him in.

The answer: the doors were reinforced since 911 so that they could even withstand AK47 fire. A code does exist, but the person on the inside can "lock" the code out. And until they get the second black box, they don't know if this happened or not.

Another question:

how long was the pause that the co-pilot took?

Answer: many months.

Another question:

after training is completed, are there psychological tests once again?

No.

Another question:

What kind of guarantee can Lufthansa give that this will not happen again?

Mr. Spohr also reminded that leaving the cockpit "aus biologischen Gründen" (need to go to the restroom) is allowed. And he also reminded that the co-pilot had all the necessary licenses to fly.

A reporter asked if Mr. Spohr is sure that the co-pilot committed suicide and took everyone with him into death.

Mr. Spohr reminded that he can only repeat what the French authorities have already said.

Last edited:
In the German town of Montabaur, acquaintances said he was in his late 20s and showed no signs of depression when they saw him last autumn.

"He was happy he had the job with Germanwings and he was doing well," said a member of a glider club, Peter Ruecker, who watched him learn to fly. "He gave off a good feeling."

Lubitz had obtained his glider pilot's license as a teenager and was accepted as a Lufthansa pilot trainee after finishing a tough German college preparatory school, Mr Ruecker said.

He described Lubitz as a "rather quiet" but friendly young man.

Germanwings plane crash Live updates as investigations into French Alps disaster continues - Mirror Online

PARIS (AP) — The co-pilot of a Germanwings flight that slammed into an Alpine mountainside "intentionally" sent the plane into its doomed descent, a French prosecutor said Thursday.

Marseille prosecutor Brice Robin said the commander left the cockpit, presumably to go to the lavatory, and then was unable to regain access. In the meantime, he said, co-pilot Andreas Lubitz manually and "intentionally" set the plane on the descent that drove it into the mountainside in the southern French Alps.

It was the co-pilot's "intention to destroy this plane," Robin said.

French prosecutor Co-pilot wanted to destroy plane

I stand corrected, had not seen the information yet.

Wow, tragic.

What are they saying in Europe?
The French prosecutor, who did the press conference, ruled out terrorism.
They ruled out terrorism on day one before they even found the black box which is ridiculous. Anything they say now should be take with a grain of salt.

You are not paying attention.

They said on the first day that "AT THIS TIME, we are ruling out a terroristic background".

That is a statement they also gave today.

Pay attention.

Big German press conference right now over Lubitz.

He passed all of his tests, including medical and psychological. There were no indicators of any kind of instability.

Until recently, he lived with his parents in Montabaur. Montabaur is an industrial town and there is a HUGE truck and car stop at Montabaur on the A3.

His training, however, was broken up with a long pause in-between. This was just announced.
I suspect that the investigators will now investigate where he was in this long pause of his training.

Mr. Spohr just said that no matter how rigorous tests are, there is no way possible to be able to rule out an isolated case like this one.

Press questions:

A reporter asked why there is no system for giving in a code in order to open the door instead of having to wait on the person on the other side to let him in.

The answer: the doors were reinforced since 911 so that they could even withstand AK47 fire. A code does exist, but the person on the inside can "lock" the code out. And until they get the second black box, they don't know if this happened or not.

Another question:

how long was the pause that the co-pilot took?

Answer: many months.

Another question:

after training is completed, are there psychological tests once again?

No.

Another question:

What kind of guarantee can Lufthansa give that this will not happen again?

News here is claiming he learned to fly here in the US. Also reporting that many Lufthansa pilots now refusing to fly until its proven he acted alone. Interesting and such tragic story.

Statistically, there are one or two plane crashes a year, out of many, many thousands of flights.

True, but too many wanted to make theories before the actual facts were just brought out about 1 hour ago.

THAT was my point.

I just pray it was quick. May they rest in peace. And prayers for the families.
The plane was going 700 KM per hour when it hit the mountains.
The plane disintegrated they didn't feel a thing
They did say though that during the recording, the passengers did become louder indicating that they knew something was wrong and the pilots knocking became more frantic as he felt the plane descending. Just awful.

True, but too many wanted to make theories before the actual facts were just brought out about 1 hour ago.

THAT was my point.
I understand. Its just that all theories must remain on the table no matter how crazy until something definitive appears.

I just pray it was quick. May they rest in peace. And prayers for the families.
The plane was going 700 KM per hour when it hit the mountains.
The plane disintegrated they didn't feel a thing
They did say though that during the recording, the passengers did become louder indicating that they knew something was wrong and the pilots knocking became more frantic as he felt the plane descending. Just awful.

Just terrible.

Ok, the important question was just asked by an American reporter, and Mr. Spohr even answered in English:

Is is required for a stewardess to be in the cockpit when one of the pilots leaves the cockpit?

Answer: In the USA, yes, in Germany and in most of Europe, NO.

Question: are you planning to change this rule because of this incident?

Answer: (he never really gave one)

Forum List

Back