Post Office orders 44,000 new trucks!!

Amazon to bolster delivery fleet with all-electric Ram ProMaster vans

Amazon will add Stellantis’ all-electric Ram ProMaster van to its fleet when the vehicle launches in 2023 as the e-commerce giant pushes to meet its pledge to be carbon neutral by 2040 . . . Amazon pledged in 2019 that it would become carbon-neutral by 2040 — 10 years earlier than is outlined by the United Nations Paris Agreement. To help hit that target, Amazon ordered 100,000 electric delivery trucks from electric startup-turned publicly traded company Rivian.

Amazon to bolster delivery fleet with all-electric Ram ProMaster vans | TechCrunch

Oil-industry apologists keep running out of excuses.
Look where Amazon actually does the final deliveries and where they don't. Also, I have a much better understanding of Amazon's capabilities. They grant routes to companies at one price then almost immediately (after the companies invest great sums of money) cut their pay. That is where stories about drivers just leaving the vans parked and walking away come from. Also, Amazon can't even deliver to a post office on time. Makes wild guesses on the volumes they will have. Miss delivers whole pallets on a regular basis. Its quite laughable to say Amazon has any good plan.

Get educated, retard.

Governor Newsom Announces California Will Phase Out Gasoline-Powered Cars & Drastically Reduce Demand for Fossil Fuel in California’s Fight Against Climate Change​

He can't be educated. He IS a retard. So Cal gas is partnering with Glickenhouse racing team for 120,000 hydrogen fuel cell powered trucks as well.

Glickenhouse is going to run an experimental on the Baja 1000 as a technology test bed.

Should be interesting to see how well it does.

Look where Amazon actually does the final deliveries and where they don't. Also, I have a much better understanding of Amazon's capabilities. They grant routes to companies at one price then almost immediately (after the companies invest great sums of money) cut their pay. That is where stories about drivers just leaving the vans parked and walking away come from. Also, Amazon can't even deliver to a post office on time. Makes wild guesses on the volumes they will have. Miss delivers whole pallets on a regular basis. Its quite laughable to say Amazon has any good plan.
In 2020, Amazon Logistics delivered over four billion packages in the United States. This is a 127 percent growth compared to the previous year.

• Amazon Logistics: package volume in the U.S. | Statista

Apparently, Amazon's plan is good enough and is hardly "laughable."

In 2020, Amazon Logistics delivered over four billion packages in the United States. This is a 127 percent growth compared to the previous year.

• Amazon Logistics: package volume in the U.S. | Statista

Apparently, Amazon's plan is good enough and is hardly "laughable."
Yes...well...

In 2021, the Postal Service's shipping and package volume increased to 7.6 billion.

Just saying. That is just packages. We handle magazines, newspapers, letters and the like at a rate of 128.9 billion in 2021.

The Postal Service processes and delivers 46 percent of the world’s mail and is constantly innovating to make customer experiences better.

Yes...well...

In 2021, the Postal Service's shipping and package volume increased to 7.6 billion.

Just saying. That is just packages. We handle magazines, newspapers, letters and the like at a rate of 128.9 billion in 2021.

The Postal Service processes and delivers 46 percent of the world’s mail and is constantly innovating to make customer experiences better.
when i was still working we had the PO's of Japan,Australia and Germany come to look at the new optical sorting machines the PO was using at the Santa Ana mail processing center to see how we move so much mail .....Japan and Germany are now using them i believe.....

when i was still working we had the PO's of Japan,Australia and Germany come to look at the new optical sorting machines the PO was using at the Santa Ana mail processing center to see how we move so much mail .....Japan and Germany are now using them i believe.....
When was that? Because the PO has used the Philco-ford OCR, the Burroughs OCR, the Electrocom Automation OCR, and now the delivery platforms take the place of all the old OCR's.

My favorite international package story is working on the morning parcel sort and finding a package from Germany to France. The number of wrong turns that thing must have taken. lol

So here are a couple simple suggestions related to snail mail delivery. Stop daily delivery and go to every other day. Secondly, put mailboxes in pairs in between houses instead of at the head of the driveway of each house. In my neighborhood alone that would eliminate 100 stops. It would save a lot of fuel, speed delivery times and save wear and tear on the vehicles.

The USPS is obsolete nowadays with the internet, smart phones and private package deliveries.

It wouldn't bother me if it went away. We get maybe three or four important things in the mail in a year. The rest is solicitation and advertisements. We throw 99% away.

However, if it is going to continue then we really don't need daily six days a week delivery.

The USPS is obsolete nowadays with the internet, smart phones and private package deliveries.

It wouldn't bother me if it went away. We get maybe three or four important things in the mail in a year. The rest is solicitation and advertisements. We throw 99% away.

However, if it is going to continue then we really don't need daily six days a week delivery.
yea you do......just because you might not get anything lots of people and companies,especially companies get lots of mail....and first class mail and time sensitive mail never stops moving forward to the carriers routes.....

yea you do......just because you might not get anything lots of people and companies,especially companies get lots of mail....and first class mail and time sensitive mail never stops moving forward to the carriers routes.....
Every day more and more business is being done over the Internet. Once or twice a week should be sufficient to take care of the great majority of necessary mail deliveries. Private companies can fill the nitch to time sensitive documents. Better than taxpayer subsidized mail delivery.

The Electrocom Automation OCR, was actually made by AEG Telefunken, and manufactured in the USA under license.
those people still came here....the unions made sure we knew about who was visiting and why...no other countries Postal System moved as much mail as ours did....

Every day more and more business is being done over the Internet. Once or twice a week should be sufficient to take care of the great majority of necessary mail deliveries. Private companies can fill the nitch to time sensitive documents. Better than taxpayer subsidized mail delivery.
i am glad you think so....if you actually seen what goes on inside you might have a different opinion....and unless things have changed over past few years....were is it tax payer subsidized?...

Without USPS, you couldn't afford to pay the prices private firms charged for delivery.

i am glad you think so....if you actually seen what goes on inside you might have a different opinion....and unless things have changed over past few years....were is it tax payer subsidized?...
I'm retired now but I had a 30 year career so I know how businesses work.

This is the tax payer subsidize:

A General Accountability Office (GAO) report found that USPS lost $69 billion over the previous 11 fiscal years—including $3.9 billion in fiscal year 2018. Then, a forecasted $6.6 billion loss turned into an $8.9 billion loss in 2019.Feb 20, 2021

Why The US Post Office Is In Trouble - Forbes​

A General Accountability Office (GAO) report found that USPS lost $69 billion over the previous 11 fiscal years—including $3.9 billion in fiscal year 2018. Then, a forecasted $6.6 billion loss turned into an $8.9 billion loss in 2019.Feb 20, 2021

Why The US Post Office Is In Trouble - Forbes

my opinion is if they let the guys who they pay too run the place,run it, it might do better....but its micromanaged by congress and all the stupid postal committees ...the majority of PMG's have no idea how the mail flows.....and most of them last 3-4 years and they are gone........were i was at the district managers were the ones running it....

Why The US Post Office Is In Trouble - Forbes

You know squat. The federal government requires the USPS to have retiree health insurance funded out the longest of any group public or private. As a result its underfunding makes it look like the post office is in financial trouble. Aside from this unreasonable provision, the post office is completely self funding. A simple bill from Congress can solve the issue overnight.

You know squat. The federal government requires the USPS to have retiree health insurance funded out the longest of any group public or private. As a result its underfunding makes it look like the post office is in financial trouble. Aside from this unreasonable provision, the post office is completely self funding. A simple bill from Congress can solve the issue overnight.
So the postal office has more bills than they have revenue to pay the bills so that is why the taxpayers have to shell out billions more each year.

I understand why we needed a government postal service in the past but nowadays it is close to becoming obsolete.

There are all kinds of ways to cut down on the cost of operation but sadly nobody ever seems willing to do it.

So the postal office has more bills than they have revenue to pay the bills so that is why the taxpayers have to shell out billions more each year.

I understand why we needed a government postal service in the past but nowadays it is close to becoming obsolete.

There are all kinds of ways to cut down on the cost of operation but sadly nobody ever seems willing to do it.
tell your congress to get out of their way....

Forum List

Back