Post Office orders 44,000 new trucks!!

if you knew how the mail flowed you wouldnt suggest that....going every other day would just increase the over time....the mail moves 7 days a week in the PO and stops at the carriers case were he puts up the mail for that day.....so every other day there would be 2 days worth of mail to deliver.....and if there is a holiday?....things would be even worse...because of Sunday, Mondays are usually the heaviest day for mail....a Monday holiday and Tuesday sucks...and right now they have been putting up NBU boxes in new neighborhoods for quite a while now...that eliminates lots of stops...
I agree that the volume of the mail would be much higher, but instead of dismissing the enormous fuel savings that would result from every other day delivery, how about eliminate the wasteful unsolicited junk mail? That has to be at least half of the mail volume. It's all tax money and it is worth fighting for every dollar. But that's just the way I think.

Get educated, retard.

Governor Newsom Announces California Will Phase Out Gasoline-Powered Cars & Drastically Reduce Demand for Fossil Fuel in California’s Fight Against Climate Change​

How will you make tyres for EV's if you quit fossil fuels?

Get educated, retard.

Governor Newsom Announces California Will Phase Out Gasoline-Powered Cars & Drastically Reduce Demand for Fossil Fuel in California’s Fight Against Climate Change​

Aw, did the truth trigger you? I'm so sorry that the truth hurts you.

I agree that the volume of the mail would be much higher, but instead of dismissing the enormous fuel savings that would result from every other day delivery, how about eliminate the wasteful unsolicited junk mail? That has to be at least half of the mail volume. It's all tax money and it is worth fighting for every dollar. But that's just the way I think.
direct mail marketing is one of the most effective ways to advertise...there is a reason the direct mail industry spend billions for this service...and just because you eliminate them doesnt mean the other types of mail are going to just stop....first class is always moving forward by federal law and medical and many parcels are priority mail.....and its not all tax money....

Opposite of the truth.
These little trucks are known for loooong time of service, many are now 30 years old and still going.
so whats your experience with these trucks?i drove them for like 15 years...you?...its the mechanics in the garage that kept them going...there was something going wrong quite often...

Get educated, retard.

Get educated, retard.

It seems MM can't learn form a Kindergarten Teacher. I suppose MM was put in the corner eating paste and getting attention when the other children poke fun at him:

Why do you to post stupid comments? Are you desperate for attention?

Why not stop, think and post, a short thing to consider. This idea taken and changed from Kindergarten Teachers who tell five year old children to Stop, Look and Listen.

I do hope you can understand this and stop with your efforts to believe you are clever or even not as stupid as all of your posts suggest.

Did you finish high school? I'd be surprised given your limited understanding of what all Kindergarten Children can comprehend.

The truth is that you're a moron, apparently unaware your fellow DemoKKKrat in California is banning gas engines.

Yes, you look very, very stupid.
Decades in the future, Gov. Newsom looks forward***; you're absurd and if you were born in the late 19th Century and a car drove by you'd yell at the driver, "buy a horse". More and more E-Cars and Trucks are being produced here and in Europe and Asia.

***Governor Newsom Outlines Historic $10 Billion Zero-Emission Vehicle Package to Lead the World’s Transition to Clean Energy, Combat Climate Change | California Governor.

direct mail marketing is one of the most effective ways to advertise...there is a reason the direct mail industry spend billions for this service...and just because you eliminate them doesnt mean the other types of mail are going to just stop....first class is always moving forward by federal law and medical and many parcels are priority mail.....and its not all tax money....
It is certainly an effective way of wasting paper and filling landfills and the oceans with trash. Some things need to be sent on printed paper, IMO we should be reducing all non-essential printing for a variety of reasons. That aside, the USPS could be run much more efficiently than it is. I recognize the difficult job they do, but like everything else the government does, it is wasteful.

It is certainly an effective way of wasting paper and filling landfills and the oceans with trash. Some things need to be sent on printed paper, IMO we should be reducing all non-essential printing for a variety of reasons. That aside, the USPS could be run much more efficiently than it is. I recognize the difficult job they do, but like everything else the government does, it is wasteful.
yes it could be....we have had a few actual business men as PMG's who thought it was difficult running it because they are mandated to break even....so any surplus they make they have to spend it on something or congress will take it and use it on their little projects.....and during the 90's the PO was making a lot of money and was a cash cow for a while for congress.....the mail volume then was heavy.....

They need them, at least bigger ones, my carrier says she has to load up twice a day. She has one of these.

mail-truck.jpg
I remember when they first rolled out the LLV.

Forum List

Back