🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Post office says what?

WEATHER53

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2017
I’m not going to investigate this as have already tried to use their non functioning website.
I did get through on the phone to the local post office for 20901 in MD . I was told by a rude barely understandable woman that the individual mail persons decide if they choose to deliver in the heat. So ours has decided No three days in a row,
Is that really how it works?
Thanks

iu

iu
iu

I do believe, it really is at their discretion. I have been putting off reporting my local guy to the central office.

IMO, I think that even if they thought he was not up to par, civil service protections will keep him around, w/o solid proof of wrong doing.

The apt. manager here, and I, both believe that he is snooping through out-going mail and stealing some of it. He might even be stealing some of the packages coming in.

The nation is going to pot IMO. It has to do with we, as individuals, and how we raise our children. We have less and less politicians and bureaucrats now, that are doing those jobs because they care about the nation of their fathers, and not in it to just get ahead. . . like the final days of the Roman Empire.

Folks need to have fortitude and integrity, or we, as a society, suffer collectively.

I haven't seen the rule referenced. But it makes sense.

If the postal workers can be in an air conditioned vehicle, they can work through any heat.

But those postal workers with routes they walk cannot be forced to work in dangerous heat.
But they still get paid? If they are not going to perform the required tasks, there should be no pay. This is really poor timing in light of the fact that they just increased postal rates by a record amount this year. Do you think the pony express refused to complete their route because of weather? How about Snowshoe Thompson?
In 1855 Thompson saw an ad published in the Sacramento Union: People Lost to the World: Uncle Sam Needs Carrier. The Placerville postmaster needed someone to carry the overland mail 90 miles east, up and over the Sierra range to the Carson Valley, in the dead of winter. There weren't any takers until Thompson, whose father had made him "snow-shoes" to ski to school as a child in Norway, decided to answer the call to duty.

Other deliveries have occurred from Prime and Fed Ex but this lady at PO on Amherst was adamant that the route carriers make their own decision and even may start out but stop if too hot

I’m not going to investigate this as have already tried to use their non functioning website.
I did get through on the phone to the local post office for 20901 in MD . I was told by a rude barely understandable woman that the individual mail persons decide if they choose to deliver in the heat. So ours has decided No three days in a row,
Thanks
Everything but heat....

Thanks
no thats not how it works.....that lady is full of shit....

I haven't seen the rule referenced. But it makes sense.

If the postal workers can be in an air conditioned vehicle, they can work through any heat.

But those postal workers with routes they walk cannot be forced to work in dangerous heat.
they will never have AC in their trucks....not in them long enough....and if a carrier feels they cant do the route because of heat,they will just send a sub out or someone who wants the OT...

Forum List

Back