Posting contest

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Apparently with the new board the amount of posts is an award. I am guessing because they make money with each post?

That said let's look at last month's winner. 2218 posts in I assume 31 days. Which equals 71 posts a day. Assuming that his is their job and they post 8 hours per day that equals 9 per hour or about 1 post every 6 minutes.

This month the leader has 845 posts for 7 days (probably more). Which is 120 per day, 15 per hr over 8 hours, 1 every four minutes.

Quite impressive.

Last edited:
Apparently with the new board the amount of posts is an award. I am guessing because they make money with each post?

That said let's look at last month's winner. 2218 posts in I assume 31 days. Which equals 71 posts a day. Assuming that his is their job and they post 8 hours per day that equals 8 per hour or about 6 post an hour.

This month the leader has 845 posts for 7 days (probably more). Which is 120 per day, 15 per hr over 8 hours, 1 every four minutes.

Quite impressive.

dang!
I can do about 24 posts a day on a good day...... and that's for a 24 hour day. Approximately one an hour (not that they are spread out exactly that way).

I wonder if all of those posts are substantial posts or if some are of the "I agree" nature....

What is it with posters who've been here awhile yet who still can't seem to understand the proper forums in which to start threads?!?!?

This is an Announcements thread — NOT Current Events.

That said let's look at last month's winner. 2218 posts in I assume 31 days. Which equals 71 posts a day. Assuming that his is their job and they post 8 hours per day that equals 8 per hour or about 6 post an hour.

Quite impressive.

dang!
I can do about 24 posts a day on a good day...... and that's for a 24 hour day. Approximately one an hour (not that they are spread out exactly that way).

I wonder if all of those posts are substantial posts or if some are of the "I agree" nature....

The ones I have seen are pithy comments that seldom add a thing to any discussion. Usually no more then a sentence.

What is it with posters who've been here awhile yet who still can't seem to understand the proper forums in which to start threads?!?!?

Sigh, this is what the announcement forum says:
Announcements and Feedback
Announcements from USMB staff, also post your feedback and questions here. FLAMING PROHIBITED. USMB Lounge rules apply.

OK, I am not a USMB staff member, nor am I feeding anything back only making an observation. So it does not seem to be appropriate for that forum. So yes, you have been here awhile and apparently don't know where things should be posted. Thanks for keeping us informed. The moderators can move this to anywhere they see fit which is what they usually do.

a gang of random and hostile but for some reason grinning sharts said:

freewill said:
Announcements from USMB staff, also post your feedback and questions here. FLAMING PROHIBITED. USMB Lounge rules apply.

OK, I am not a USMB staff member, nor am I feeding anything back only making an observation. So it does not seem to be appropriate for that forum. So yes, you have been here awhile and apparently don't know where things should be posted. Thanks for keeping us informed. The moderators can move this to anywhere they see fit which is what they usually do.

Here, moron:

Question about the poster with the most posts in a month US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

a gang of random and hostile but for some reason grinning sharts said:

freewill said:

Here, moron:

Question about the poster with the most posts in a month US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

So sanctimonious one, I am suppose to search every forum to see if something has already been posted? Really, is that what you do? The thread you linked to seems to be giving feedback in the form of a question, I didn't do that. Nor would I have looked in there for such a post.

freewill said:
So sanctimonious one, I am suppose to search every forum to see if something has already been posted? Really, is that what you do? The thread you linked to seems to be giving feedback in the form of a question, I didn't do that. Nor would I have looked in there for such a post.

Given that you are neither a mod nor an administrator, this one is a question, too.

That said let's look at last month's winner. 2218 posts in I assume 31 days. Which equals 71 posts a day. Assuming that his is their job and they post 8 hours per day that equals 9 per hour or about 1 post every 6 minutes.

Quite impressive.
Not really impressive if you're involved in a fast flowing conversation. If you're writing a treatise with every post, then yes, but to dash off a one sentence response, no, you could do 3 per minute if you're dedicated to your mission.

Quite impressive.
Not really impressive if you're involved in a fast flowing conversation. If you're writing a treatise with every post, then yes, but to dash off a one sentence response, no, you could do 3 per minute if you're dedicated to your mission.

Yup.

Forum List

Back