Pot is becoming illegal in California again

The date is irrelevant....Legal weed is still more expensive than the sacks that you can get from the average black marketeer.

Legal weed is more expensive than the sacks you can get from ANY black marketer.

Unless I miss my guess, that's the point of the thread.

The title of the thread is retarded, even for you upstairs forum people. Illegal weed is becoming illegal again, wtf?

The main idea of the thread is that the black market in California is thriving while the legal market is failing. Totally false.

But the main purposes of the thread (seemingly) are for flyover state hicktards to hate on California (their favorite hobby) and for boomers to reveal how very little they know about how weed is grown in 2019.

California pot advocates say tax rates too high

Pot is becoming a black market item again, but not because the state is making it illegal again, but because the taxes are too high.

And yes, the only time dead head Californians seem to complain about the outrageous taxes is when they can't buy their weed.

LMAO!!!

I think Progressives are making a mistake here. They naturally want to take everyone's money because they are greedy power hungry deplorable people, but it helps to medicate these people into oblivion first.

So I propose that they stop taxing ONLY weed in such an outrageous way, otherwise, their base may be jeopardized.
I recently read an article that pot patients are going back to their dealers because the weed is just as good and a hell of a lot cheaper.

Marijuana is so easy to grow why would anyone pay for it. You can grow a quarter pound which equals about 1 -4 foot plant in around 8 weeks in a relatively small space. Buy a book or go online and learn everything you need to know. Your weed will be cheaper and of much better quality if you have the right clones and patience.

That may work down there, but not up north. We just don't have the weather to grow good pot. People would grow it in their homes, but the authorities were always on the lookout for people that had high electric bills.

Ray, I live in Canada and we grow some of the best pot in the world. One of my neighbours in Toronto grew a plant up at his cottage in the Muskoka's - 100 miles north of Toronto in the mountains, that won him the best growing prize in our neighbourhood.

I'm about to cut down my indoor plant, which I grew as a house plant without special lights or conditions. It's very small but I'll get a couple of ounces of quality week from it. My friend spent $200 on good seeds and grew 4 lbs. of high grade pot in her back yard last year.

The date is irrelevant....Legal weed is still more expensive than the sacks that you can get from the average black marketeer.

Legal weed is more expensive than the sacks you can get from ANY black marketer.

Unless I miss my guess, that's the point of the thread.

The title of the thread is retarded, even for you upstairs forum people. Illegal weed is becoming illegal again, wtf?

The main idea of the thread is that the black market in California is thriving while the legal market is failing. Totally false.

But the main purposes of the thread (seemingly) are for flyover state hicktards to hate on California (their favorite hobby) and for boomers to reveal how very little they know about how weed is grown in 2019.
One of the big promises of the legalization crowd is that the black marketeers would be put out of business, which the linked piece in the OP shows to be a dismal failure.....The average street peddler is in fact thriving on the price conscious customer.....But we can't have these enterprising little miscreants horning in on the gubmint's turf now, can we?

And thanks for throwing the partisan hack monkey shit into what had been, to this point, one of the few relatively civilized conversations to be had here.

Last edited:
Can't tell you how many times I've had these "polite conversations" with hippie liberoidals, who somehow thought that legalizing and taxing pot was going to work.

"Legalize and tax it" they said....."Use the money to fund schools and programs for the cheeeeeldrennnn" they said.

Asked them how they'd like to pay more for their stash....Tried to give them the lesson in basic econ and how gubmint drives up the costs of everything they lay their covetous little meat hooks onto, but NOOOOOOOOO!
So you think criminalizing pot is the smart way to go? Really?

I don't know.

However, extreme regulation and taxation of the product isn't going to result in the kinds of governmental revenues that liberal de-criminalizers promise.

A few years ago, massive new taxes were placed on regular tobacco cigarettes. The promise was that this new taxation would provide money for the schools, children's health care or other programs, depending on the state.

Didn't work out that way. Cigarette smuggling became a big racket, as well as counterfeit tax stamps. In addition, many people gave up smoking or smoked significantly less, reducing the promised revenues even further.

And it is the same with Grass.
Good, less people smoking is a good thing. Thought there are many reasons for that. A big part was educating our youth about the dangers

Pot is becoming a black market item again, but not because the state is making it illegal again, but because the taxes are too high.

And yes, the only time dead head Californians seem to complain about the outrageous taxes is when they can't buy their weed.

LMAO!!!

I think Progressives are making a mistake here. They naturally want to take everyone's money because they are greedy power hungry deplorable people, but it helps to medicate these people into oblivion first.

So I propose that they stop taxing ONLY weed in such an outrageous way, otherwise, their base may be jeopardized.
Crazy Cali.... One can only shake his head. Lol

Just give crazy Cali back to Mexico where it belongs

In order to compete with the black market, the prices must be competitive. Same prices they have on the street plus around 40 percent total tax is going to hurt.
Dumbfucks
This was part of the econ lesson I was trying to impart on people.....They somehow thought that weed would become less expensive under legalization, to the point that any taxes would be a wash.....My little riffs about market efficiency flew right over their sativa-addled brains.
i am paying no more than i was with the street dealer with taxes here in vegas....the difference is the pot is way cleaner and better...
Back when I was a regular smoker, it got so you couldn't even find that kind of imported dirty brick weed anymore...It was almost all the very neatly manicured and packaged "kind bud", the cost of which was rivaling that of gold....But even at that, you can still grow it in a closet for less.
its nicer to just go down to the store and pick some up...less hassle....but thats just me....
And that's your choice....Thing is that people like you are paying a premium for that convenience, which is your prerogative and neither here nor there.

In order to compete with the black market, the prices must be competitive. Same prices they have on the street plus around 40 percent total tax is going to hurt.
Dumbfucks
This was part of the econ lesson I was trying to impart on people.....They somehow thought that weed would become less expensive under legalization, to the point that any taxes would be a wash.....My little riffs about market efficiency flew right over their sativa-addled brains.

Really, who are they who thought that weed would become less expensive under legalization?

LMAO!!!

I recently read an article that pot patients are going back to their dealers because the weed is just as good and a hell of a lot cheaper.

Marijuana is so easy to grow why would anyone pay for it. You can grow a quarter pound which equals about 1 -4 foot plant in around 8 weeks in a relatively small space. Buy a book or go online and learn everything you need to know. Your weed will be cheaper and of much better quality if you have the right clones and patience.

That may work down there, but not up north. We just don't have the weather to grow good pot. People would grow it in their homes, but the authorities were always on the lookout for people that had high electric bills.
You can grow personal stash amounts without the electric bills giving you away...A good 400W lighting system doesn't pull much more than the average teevee in continuous use....Or at least that was for the cathode ray sets back in the day...Cant speak for the consumption of flat screens.

I don't know much about it. Had to quit smoking when I became a truck driver due to government mandated drug testing. What I know about is only from reports in the media. There is more than just heat involved. To grow good pot, you need the humidity as well. Plus it's hard to keep the odor within the house be it your basement or attic.
in a good small grow room the humidity from plant and soil evaporation takes care of itself.....in legal-to-cultivate states like CO, the odor problem is no longer a problem.

Can't tell you how many times I've had these "polite conversations" with hippie liberoidals, who somehow thought that legalizing and taxing pot was going to work.

"Legalize and tax it" they said....."Use the money to fund schools and programs for the cheeeeeldrennnn" they said.

Asked them how they'd like to pay more for their stash....Tried to give them the lesson in basic econ and how gubmint drives up the costs of everything they lay their covetous little meat hooks onto, but NOOOOOOOOO!

Once again...this is simple shit for third graders. All one has to do is ask one simple question. “Are we a better, more productive society of people as a result of legal weed?”
Since all we’ve really done is glamorize weed for our youth and compel wetback Cartels to move their operations to Mexifornia and buy grow houses here in residential neighborhoods I’m gonna go with a big FUCK NO!

Last edited:
Black markets will continue to exist, but the danger of a black market is MJ can be stepped on, BM dealers have no ethics and introduce other substances to kids, and market them which are addictive, cheaper to produce, easier to hide and transport.

Seems sort of stupid. That shit is a weed.

Vancouver sells seeds. Why don't they just get a. .. . . like, Johnny pot seed, and stop with all the hydro activity. Spread that seed all over the wilds and it will all be free. . .

:dunno:

seeds are $10/each
A pittance when you can create your own backup seed stock from the first crop, then segregate clones for all female plants in following generations.

Once again...this is simple shit for third graders. All one has to do is ask one simple question. “Are we a better, more productive society of people as a result of legal weed?”
Since all we’ve really done is glamorize weed for our youth and compel wetback Cartels to move their operations to Mexifornia and buy grow houses here in residential neighborhoods I’m gonna go with a big FUCK NO!
Well that’s because you’re not very bright. The answer is an overwhelming yes.

ILMAO @ "cheeeeeldrennnn". That's a good one.

Vancouver sells seeds. Why don't they just get a. .. . . like, Johnny pot seed, and stop with all the hydro activity. Spread that seed all over the wilds and it will all be free. . .

Indoor weed in a controlled environment comes out better.

Real legalization would lift all restrictions on cultivation, as any pot aficionado could easily grow enough for their ongoing personal stash in a space of about 4' X 4'.

It's easy....Take it from me.

Yeah but the smell & taste of outdoor grown is scrumptious, and contains substantial vitamins and minerals for the cheeeeeldrennnn

Last edited:

Haha...yep, stoners are better more productive citizens and you have the data to prove it....RIGHT?

Meanwhile outside of LibTardia
Study: Poorer marijuana users smoking the most – The Denver Post
We keep finding new ways to keep filthy bottom feeders feeding on the bottom at our expense. I wonder what taxpayers will spend on all the new weed related medical issues over the next couple decades.

Black markets will continue to exist, but the danger of a black market is MJ can be stepped on, BM dealers have no ethics and introduce other substances to kids, and market them which are addictive, cheaper to produce, easier to hide and transport.
The blind ignorance of rote talking point propaganda.

Other than to contaminate it with easily detectable inert vegetative material, here's no way to "step on" pot.....Likewise, there's no way to distill it down like cocaine and heroin.

The blessed cheeeeelllldrennnn are going to get their hands on anything deemed "forbidden fruit", so that stale argument is completely irrelevant.

Come back when you have an argument that didn't come from the 1950s.

ILMAO @ "cheeeeeldrennnn". That's a good one.

Indoor weed in a controlled environment comes out better.

Real legalization would lift all restrictions on cultivation, as any pot aficionado could easily grow enough for their ongoing personal stash in a space of about 4' X 4'.

It's easy....Take it from me.

Yeah but the smell & taste of outdoor grown is scrumptious, and contains more important vitamins and minerals for the cheeeeeldrennnn
Heh...You can get that nice clean taste by growing indoors with quality soil.

We're not a better more productive society when we sic law enforcement on harmless pot smokers and cultivators...This draws resources away from real violent crime and bloats useless police bureaucracy.

Much as you may like to look down your nose like a libeoridal snob at people you deem to be beneath you, live-and-let-live is really the best policy.

One of the big promises of the legalization crowd is that the black marketeers would be put out of business, which the linked piece in the OP shows to be a dismal failure.....The average street peddler is in fact thriving on the price conscious customer.....But we can't have these enterprising little miscreants horning in on the gubmint's turf now, can we?

And thanks for throwing the partisan hack monkey shit into what had been, to this point, one of the few relatively civilized conversations to be had here.

Nobody thought legal weed would be cheaper than illegal weed. Nobody thought the black market would vanish on day 2 of recreational legalization, which is when the linked piece in the OP was published, or that it would ever be completely eliminated.

Shop owners are complaining their taxes are too high, wow that's so surprising. You know what's actually kinda surprising... $3.1 billion in legal California sales in 2019, projected to reach $7.2 billion in 2024 with an annual growth rate of 19%. Billions... with a B.

Such a great thread, I just learned that plants need air to live. Never would have guessed that living things need to breath, in fact I was about to mail a puppy in a sealed container, that would have been a terrible Christmas present

Forum List

Back