Powell admits to hiring illegal immigrants

Should he be punished?

I thought liberals were focusing on the people who hire illegal illegals.

Why don't you get it liberals?

It's not about immigration it's about illegal immigration.

FOXNews.com - Colin Powell: Illegal Immigrants Fix My House

Colon Powell is a RINO.....and a stealth mole for the Obamarrhoidal LIbturds. If he wasn't then he might as well have been.

The Colon is certainly as close to being an Obamarrhoidal dickhead as one can be at the present time unerringly mimicking the LIEberrhoidal BULLSHIT.

As far as I'm concerned, The Colon is an Affirmative Action POS.

Fuck off, gautama. You aren't fit to clean his shoes.

God, there's a truely horrible thought. I dunno if he should do time...pay a fine, at least. Something substantial.

He has aided and abetted criminals, he should do jail time. Furthermore, he seems to think that everyone should aid and abet those same criminals. Jail time AND a fine.

Anyone employing illegals should pay a fine and do jail time, imo. I think Colin Powell, whom I used to respect, has become a RINO! And there's also the minority angle. It will be big, in `12.

Do you think Powell is considering running, AquaAthena?

The chances are that if you have had any major construction work on your home or business, used landscape services, janitorial services, or maintenance services you have used illegal immigrants and are just as guilty as Powell.

In reality there is no easy way to tell if the people you hire to do this type of work are legal. The contractor probably doesn't have adequate documentation on all of his employees and wouldn't supply it to you if he did. And that documentation may be bogus anyway.

I've had all kinds of work done and none by illegals. In fact the last time an illegal stepped in my home, he was delivering a dryer which he hooked up improperly and when he turned it on, it flipped my switch. He claimed I needed an electrician. I ended up sending the dryer back to Best Buy and buying the same dryer for less from a local company that employs locals.

Two of my friends are laid off construction workers, so I pay them for the stuff my husband and I can't do. They are Americans, pushed out of their jobs by immigrants, both legal and illegal.

If I hired a contractor, he'd have to put it in writing that he didn't hire illegals and all of his employees were checked by e verify.

If I suspected any of them was illegal, I'd fire his butt. I'd rather pay more for an American than take the chance that an illegal would get hurt on the job and sue me so that I would have to pay for their care for the rest of their lives.

I also know another American that used to be in construction and is now homeless. I know another who can't find a job and just lost his only son in Afghanistan. You are an idiot if you think you need illegals to complete any work on your home.

The chances are that if you have had any major construction work on your home or business, used landscape services, janitorial services, or maintenance services you have used illegal immigrants and are just as guilty as Powell.

In reality there is no easy way to tell if the people you hire to do this type of work are legal. The contractor probably doesn't have adequate documentation on all of his employees and wouldn't supply it to you if he did. And that documentation may be bogus anyway.

I've had all kinds of work done and none by illegals. In fact the last time an illegal stepped in my home, he was delivering a dryer which he hooked up improperly and when he turned it on, it flipped my switch. He claimed I needed an electrician. I ended up sending the dryer back to Best Buy and buying the same dryer for less from a local company that employs locals.

Two of my friends are laid off construction workers, so I pay them for the stuff my husband and I can't do. They are Americans, pushed out of their jobs by immigrants, both legal and illegal.

If I hired a contractor, he'd have to put it in writing that he didn't hire illegals and all of his employees were checked by e verify.

If I suspected any of them was illegal, I'd fire his butt. I'd rather pay more for an American than take the chance that an illegal would get hurt on the job and sue me so that I would have to pay for their care for the rest of their lives.

I also know another American that used to be in construction and is now homeless. I know another who can't find a job and just lost his only son in Afghanistan. You are an idiot if you think you need illegals to complete any work on your home.

And Powell is fucking lying for political purposes. Shame on his sorry azz.

And Powell is fucking lying for political purposes. Shame on his sorry azz.

I'd be disappointed, but I already lost my respect for him when he got up in front of the UN and lied for Bush.

He didn't lie, however, he has proven to be a liberal, who endorsed Obama.

One thing we need to do is quit referring to "illegal immigrants" because they aren't. They are illegal ALIENS. Immigrants have paperwork coming in, go through proper channels and are legally here. They intend to stay in their adopted home. Legal aliens come in with temporary papers, such as work or school visas, go through proper channels and are supposed to leave the US if their visa is not extended.

Illegal aliens are people who come sneaking in without any kind of paperwork, do not come in through proper channels, and intend to stay, but without detection. They should not be here in the first place and are not entitled to any privileges or benefits granted to US citizens and others who are here legally. One exception would be emergency medical care. Having said that, hospitals should have on staff people who are authorized to pay a visit to these patients before they are released and make a determination about their legal status and act accordingly.

There's something very wrong with concept that we NEED these illegals to do "work that nobody will do." Boo hoo. Do we have any able bodied people sucking up welfare? Yes? What's wrong with them doing some of these jobs that nobody else will do as a condition of continued receipt of benefits. We could even set a date certain (say one year) when that person's welfare benefits will expire. In that year they should have picked up some kind of work skills. A GED requirement could also be required. Then maybe they will get enough respect for themselves that they will try to continue on an upward ladder. Problem solved.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel

I'm not guilty if I hire a contractor who hires illegals...the contractor is guilty. If that contractor wants to stay legal then he better damn well have his shit in order and get the documentation. But we all know that isn't going to happen. Bogus docs are a problem for sure...but the diligent and wise business owner will take the time and make the effort to cover ALL bases to stay within the letter fo the law.

I think Colin should be made an example of...but I doubt much will come of it. I mean, look at all the issues we have with personnel not paying taxes in this admin.

Yeah...but Powell knows.
You might suspect that someone is illegal but you really don't know for sure? If you don't speak their language, you'll have a hard time getting any information. If you ask for a green card, they say they are a citizen or shrug their shoulders. You can then ask for proof of citizenship at which time they either walk off the job or give you their Blockbuster card. The problem is these people are undocumented.

There are lots of people in this country that are not sure of their status. They are quite often told by their parents that they are legal, yet they don't have proof. Some are married to US citizens and have a marriage license but nothing else. Some have paperwork that's provisional such as student visas. Many have forged documents. In other words, it's F****** mess. People that say deport them all, have no idea of complexity of problem.

Question: How did you know he was illegal? Did he have a sign around his neck or did he have that special illegal immigrant look?

This is hilarious. I love when the right wing eat their own.

I watched him this morning.

Imagine saying, "We all breath the "same" air. Does that mean we all share ONE breath?

He was pointing out that his is a nation of "immigrants" and our nation is getting older. Just look at the Glenn Beck rally. A "sea of gray". Who is going to take care of all those old people? That's the point he was making.

When you talk to the right, it has to be very simple and literal. They don't even speak real English, but a dialect referred to as "Simpleton".

You guys gave me another good laugh.

Thanks.

Question: How did you know he was illegal? Did he have a sign around his neck or did he have that special illegal immigrant look?

He couldn't speak English, only Spanish. In order to come here and work legally, they have to learn at least some of the language. Unfortunately for him, I speak some Spanish and understood what the two delivery men were saying to each other. One of them was legal, the other wasn't. I registered my concerns with Best Buy when I informed them, because of their outsourcing, I wouldn't be buying anything else from them.

Yeah...but Powell knows.
You might suspect that someone is illegal but you really don't know for sure? If you don't speak their language, you'll have a hard time getting any information. If you ask for a green card, they say they are a citizen or shrug their shoulders. You can then ask for proof of citizenship at which time they either walk off the job or give you their Blockbuster card. The problem is these people are undocumented.

There are lots of people in this country that are not sure of their status. They are quite often told by their parents that they are legal, yet they don't have proof. Some are married to US citizens and have a marriage license but nothing else. Some have paperwork that's provisional such as student visas. Many have forged documents. In other words, it's F****** mess. People that say deport them all, have no idea of complexity of problem.

Federal law requires them to carry their green card with them at all times. If they refuse to show it to you, they are most likely illegal.

I'm not guilty if I hire a contractor who hires illegals...the contractor is guilty. If that contractor wants to stay legal then he better damn well have his shit in order and get the documentation. But we all know that isn't going to happen. Bogus docs are a problem for sure...but the diligent and wise business owner will take the time and make the effort to cover ALL bases to stay within the letter fo the law.

I think Colin should be made an example of...but I doubt much will come of it. I mean, look at all the issues we have with personnel not paying taxes in this admin.
As a private citizen, you do not have anyway of determining if a person is legal are not. All you can do is ask for identification or call the INS. Until employers have some way of determining if applicant for a job is a legal, the employment of illegals will continue.

This is hilarious. I love when the right wing eat their own.
Imagine saying, "We all breath the "same" air. Does that mean we all
He was pointing out that his is a nation of "immigrants" and our nation is getting older. Just look at the Glenn Beck rally. A "sea of gray". Who is going to take care of all those old people? That's the point he was making.

When you talk to the right, it has to be very simple and literal. They don't even speak real English, but a dialect referred to as "Simpleton".

You guys gave me another good laugh.

Thanks.
I consider powell to be a liberal. He endorsed King Obama .

He couldn't speak English, only Spanish. In order to come here and work legally, they have to learn at least some of the language. Unfortunately for him, I speak some Spanish and understood what the two delivery men were saying to each other. One of them was legal, the other wasn't. I registered my concerns with Best Buy when I informed them, because of their outsourcing, I wouldn't be buying anything else from them.
Ability to speak English is in general not required, but it does depend on the type of Visa.

Yeah...but Powell knows.

Federal law requires them to carry their green card with them at all times. If they refuse to show it to you, they are most likely illegal.
Unless they claim to be a US citizen and show you a phony id.

Forum List

Back